Educators

Educators

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
21 Mar 20

@eladar said
Looks like Canada is not like the US. Top Hockey is only in private schools. I am sure in those schools their hockey coaches do not teach.
Sidney Crosby from Cole Harbour, Halifax, Nova Scotia went to one of those schools for gifted hockey players in the United States. I don't believe we have any of those in Canada.

-VR

E

Moves
21 Mar 20

@very-rusty said
Sidney Crosby from Cole Harbour, Halifax, Nova Scotia went to one of those schools for gifted hockey players in the United States. I don't believe we have any of those in Canada.

-VR
https://www.ourkids.net/hockey-programs.php

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
21 Mar 20

@eladar said
https://www.ourkids.net/hockey-programs.php
These schools are not for players of Sidney Crosby's level....He had to go to the States to find one luckily his parents had some money to send him there.

-VR

E

Moves
21 Mar 20

@very-rusty said
These schools are not for players of Sidney Crosby's level....He had to go to the States to find one luckily his parents had some money to send him there.

-VR
These private schools turn out an inferior hockey player?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
21 Mar 20
3 edits

@eladar said
These private schools turn out an inferior hockey player?
They are good players just not at the level of a Sidney Crosby...Do you even know who Sidney Crosby is? Look him up try google! He was too good to play at any of the schools in Canada was skating circles around them and scoring at will.

-VR

E

Moves
21 Mar 20

@very-rusty said
They are good players just not at the level of a Sidney Crosy...Do you even know who Sidney Crosby is? Look him up try google!

-VR
I have no clue, but it seems in Canada if you think your son has a future in hockey you pull him out of public schools.

In the US coaching a sport is a paid position where top level coaches do pretty much as they wish. Many schools will hire coaches to be athletic directors, others make coaches PE teachers running practices during the school day. Other schools just put coaches into classroom where students sit as coaches break down films of opponent teams.

E

Moves
21 Mar 20

Sydney Crosby is a rich hockey player worth over 55 million dollars.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
21 Mar 20
1 edit

@eladar said
I have no clue, but it seems in Canada if you think your son has a future in hockey you pull him out of public schools.

In the US coaching a sport is a paid position where top level coaches do pretty much as they wish. Many schools will hire coaches to be athletic directors, others make coaches PE teachers running practices during the school day. Other schools just put coaches into classroom where students sit as coaches break down films of opponent teams.
Which is a reason U.S.A. hockey has improved so much over the years and are able to compete with Canada now. Just go look up biograpy Sidney Crosby when you have a chance and you may learn something Mr. Math Teacher. The U.S. have some of the best hockey schools for players still in school in the World!~

-VR

E

Moves
21 Mar 20

@Very-Rusty

See you do not need math teachers. We need more hockey coaches to teach boys useful stuff.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
21 Mar 20

@eladar said
@Very-Rusty

See you do not need math teachers. We need more hockey coaches to teach boys useful stuff.
You don't seem to understand they have to keep up their grades in all Subjects at the same time. It is very tough read the biography and you might learn something instead of saying random crap, to put it bluntly.

-VR

E

Moves
21 Mar 20
1 edit

@very-rusty said
You don't seem to understand they have to keep up their grades in all Subjects at the same time. It is very tough read the biography and you might learn something instead of saying random crap, to put it bluntly.

-VR
Yes, they are required to keep their grades up at those schools, but how many of their hockey coaches teach academic subjects? How many teachers catch it if the hockey star fails?

Do they go for the academics or the hockey?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
21 Mar 20
1 edit

@eladar said
Yes, they are required to keep their grades up at those schools, but how many of their hockey coaches teach academic subjects? How many teachers catch it if the hockey star fails?

Do they go for the academics or the hockey?
IF you are at that level odds are pretty good you're not going to fail. Perhaps look into it deeper and you'll find out more.

I bet you haven't even read Sidney Crosby's biography yet, you'd sooner argue about crap you know nothing about!

You should probably go play with Lemon!

-VR

E

Moves
21 Mar 20
1 edit

@very-rusty said
IF you are at that level odds are pretty good you're not going to fail. Perhaps look into it deeper and you'll find out more.

I bet you haven't even read Sidney Crosby's biography yet, you'd sooner argue about crap you know nothing about!

You should probably go play with Lemon!

-VR
Is he your son or something?

I am just saying that at US schools if a star player fails classes sometimes teachers are the ones held responsible.

Oh wait, you believe one example proves nothing I am saying is true. Gotcha

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
21 Mar 20

@eladar said

I am just saying that at US schools if a star player fails classes sometimes teachers are the ones held responsible.

http://www.startribune.com/sidney-crosby-had-memorable-year-at-minnesota-prep-school/382274681/

Do a little reading or is it just Math you are good at?

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
21 Mar 20

@eladar said

http://www.startribune.com/sidney-crosby-had-memorable-year-at-minnesota-prep-school/382274681/

Do a little reading or is it just Math you are good at?

-VR