From Colchester to Sulawesi

From Colchester to Sulawesi

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
17 Jun 21

@fmf said
No. There is no onus on you to listen to the show. Spend your time as you see fit.
Hahah: "onus" -- so childish yet predictable.

F

Moves
17 Jun 21
2 edits

@kevin-eleven said
Hahah: "onus" -- so childish yet predictable.
I don't think Very Musty is being "childish", I think he is being a bit ornery in a deadpan, ironic way. He is pretending that I think there is some onus on him to listen to the show because I post links to it. He knows full well that there isn't but there is a wee bit of comedy in him pressing the 'point'.

edit: Oh, my bad, it was a reply to you. You, like Very Musty, are just trying some funny banter. It's OK. I don't see it as "childish". There is no onus on either of you to listen.

Moves
17 Jun 21
2 edits

@fmf said
I don't think Very Musty is being "childish", I think he is being a bit ornery in a deadpan, ironic way. He is pretending that I think there is some onus on him to listen to the show because I post links to it. He knows full well that there isn't but there is a wee bit of comedy in him pressing the 'point'.
No...

Wrong again.

I would tune in to the show if I knew who I was listening to or whose story I was hearing.

I like to connect the dots.

So if you are reading a story from someone at this site then I would want to know who wrote it so I can be a little closer to the people I talk to here.
If I am hearing their voice too...all the better.

By your logic no author should be known. 🙄

Is that some ultra communism or something?

F

Moves
17 Jun 21

@very-musty said
I would tune in to the show if I knew who I was listening to or whose story I was hearing.
If you tuning in to the show somehow depends on me giving you the names, real or otherwise, of the contributors, then so be it; you're not going to listen to the show. It's fine by me.

F

Moves
17 Jun 21

@very-musty said
So if you are reading a story from someone at this site then I would want to know who wrote it so I can be a little closer to the people I talk to here.If I am hearing their voice too...all the better.
I don't care about any of this.

Moves
17 Jun 21

@fmf said
I don't think Very Musty is being "childish"
I was quoting you, Cambridge Man.

Moves
17 Jun 21
1 edit

@fmf said
If you tuning in to the show somehow depends on me giving you the names, real or otherwise, of the contributors, then so be it; you're not going to listen to the show. It's fine by me.
Maybe...just maybe you're the type that doesn't want or like other people getting credit or praise.

So basically you're using other people's ideas and stories to benefit the show while not giving them credit.

Call me a liar 🤔

F

Moves
17 Jun 21
1 edit

@very-musty said
By your logic no author should be known. 🙄

Is that some ultra communism or something?
Every story's title and author's name or pseudonym is announced by "Bill" before each onion is played during the show. The names and/or pseudonyms are all listed at the end as well. How many of the 25,000 listeners who KNOW who the writers are is anyone's guess. It would be a small number.

F

Moves
17 Jun 21

@very-musty said
Maybe...just maybe you're the type that doesn't want or like other people getting credit or praise.So basically you're using other people's ideas and stories to benefit the show while not giving them credit.
Listen to the show and you will see how far wide of the mark this theory is.

F

Moves
17 Jun 21

@kevin-eleven said
I was quoting you, Cambridge Man.
You are quibbling the use of the word "onus"?

Moves
17 Jun 21
4 edits

@fmf said
Every story's title and author's name or pseudonym is announced by "Bill" before each onion is played during the show. The names and/or pseudonyms are all listed at the end as well. How many of the 25,000 listeners who KNOW who the writers are is anyone's guess. It would be a small number.
Was that so hard to say?

All I wanted to know was if the RHP participants used their RHP usernames as a pseudonym...

Why? Because I'd bet my last dollar all of the RHP participants on your show learned of your show from this website.

So why not use the RHP username as the pseudonym?
It would be more interesting for us here to follow those people and listen.
I would tune in to Ghost of a Duke and Divegeester and Hakima and a few others but random names is not interesting.

I can listen to random bums on the street tell stories anytime I want.

Anyways... it's been fun. 😉

F

Moves
17 Jun 21

@very-musty said
So why not use the RHP username as the pseudonym?
Because I don't want to.

F

Moves
17 Jun 21

@very-musty said
It would be more interesting for us here to follow those people and listen.
But I don't care if you find the programme interesting or not.

Moves
17 Jun 21

@FMF

Programme Nazi. 🙄

F

Moves
17 Jun 21

@very-musty said
I can listen to random bums on the street tell stories anytime I want.
If you come across any interesting podcasts that other people here might find interesting, I suggest you share a link or links.