From Colchester to Sulawesi

From Colchester to Sulawesi

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
17 Jun 21

@fmf said
If you get irritated by something regarding the show, don't contact the radio station behind the producer's back, just contact me directly and I will remove or change whatever it is that's a problem.
Why is it incumbent upon contributors to complain 'after' the event? Why can't you just be principled enough to seek permission 'before' the event?

And how can you correct something that has already gone out live?!

F

Moves
17 Jun 21
1 edit

@fmf said
Calling all current writers and future writers of BBBOO
If you think the producer of the show has made a mistake, don't stab him [me, in this case, for the time being anyway] in the back by contacting the radio station directly, just contact him and he will do what he can to address the problem.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
17 Jun 21
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
More sensibly still, seek permission in advance and don't broadcast without it.
Other than suffering from an overbearing disciplinarian mother, were you also bullied at school by any chance?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
17 Jun 21
1 edit

@fmf said
If you think the producer of the show has made a mistake, don't stab him [me, in this case, for the time being anyway] in the back by contacting the radio station directly, just contact him and he will do what he can to address the problem.
Let’s get this straight then…

If I hear one of my two weekly stories being read out in such a way which displeases me, or you modify my name on one of them to for example, “geestdiver”… then there is no need for me to write a threatening email to the radio station, because I can just send you a text or a voice note asking not to do it?

If this is the case then I wish you had made this clear in the first place as I assumed that my complaints need to be escalated to the highest level possible. Anyway good to know for future reference.

F

Moves
17 Jun 21

@divegeester said
If I hear one of my two weekly stories being read out in such a way which displeases me, or you modify my name on one of them to say, “geestdiver”… then there is no need for me to write a threatening email to the radio station, because I can just send you a text or a voice note asking not to do it?
Quite.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
17 Jun 21
3 edits

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Why is it incumbent upon contributors to complain 'after' the event? Why can't you just be principled enough to seek permission 'before' the event?

And how can you correct something that has already gone out live?!
I suppose there is some merit in your points, after all friends do make mistakes, friends do occasionally upset other friends. It’s life, it normal and to be expected from time to time.

However, the elephant in the room with this whole sorry event from last year, is why on earth you, who claims to NEVER get angry, were triggered by a simple modification of your name, to such an extent that you wrote a lengthy histrionic letter straight to the radio station itself in a blatant attempt to sabotage the program.

You then bring the incident into a private forum, making accusations and permitting without correction forum members to jump on the story and vilify FMF and even myself (who had nothing whatsoever to do with it) and set off a poo-storm of relationship splits and a cascade of unprecedented forum strife.

All because your name was modified on a podcast.

FFS!

F

Moves
17 Jun 21

@divegeester said
I don't think it's because his name was modified so I could squeeze two of his stories into the show. I think it's because I declined to join his club and then we had a disagreement in private about Suzianne.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
17 Jun 21

@divegeester said
I suppose there is some merit in your points, after all friends do make mistakes, friends do occasionally upset other friends. It’s life, it normal and to be expected from time to time.

However, the elephant in the room with this whole sorry event from last year, is why on earth you, who claims to NEVER get angry, were triggered by a simple modification of your name, t ...[text shortened]... cascade of unprecedented forum strife.

FFS!
Here's the coffee. Feel free to wake up and smell it.

FMF and I fall out. Next radio show is not available for preview, as is normally the case, FMF clearly wanting me to hear his mischief live. Do you honestly believe that was all just coincidental, unfortunate timing, entirely innocent, no intent?

At that time, spoonerizing names had never occurred before. Bearing in mind that FMF and I were not on good terms, why didn't he make me aware of his intent to change my name and seek permission? (Something he has done subsequently with all other contributors). Wouldn't that be something a friend would do? Heck, isn't that something anybody would do? - Feel free not to address these questions.

The radio station agreed entirely and it was 'their' decision to take the show off the air. - And the only reason I brought the incident into private discussion was when I was made aware by another contributor that FMF was actively putting out a false narrative of what had transpired.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
17 Jun 21

@fmf said
I don't think it's because his name was modified so I could squeeze two of his stories into the show. I think it's because I declined to join his club and then we had a disagreement in private about Suzianne.
I don't think even you believe that. You and I both know what your motives were. The only real question mark is if they were childish or malevolent?

I remain undecided.

F

Moves
17 Jun 21

@fmf said
Calling all current writers and future writers of BBBOO
If you think the producer has done something you don't like and you do not know what the motive was, don't stab him in the back by contacting the radio station directly, just contact him and find out what was what and get the problem rectified.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
17 Jun 21
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said

FMF and I fall out. Next radio show is not available for preview, as is normally the case, FMF clearly wanting me to hear his mischief live. Do you honestly believe that was all just coincidental, unfortunate timing, entirely innocent, no intent?

At that time, spoonerizing names had never occurred before. Bearing in mind that FMF and I were not on good terms, why ...[text shortened]... e by another contributor that FMF was actively putting out a false narrative of what had transpired.
Having know FMF very well for maybe 8 years there is no way he would have used the radio show to take a cheap pot-shot at you; it’s just not his style in here nor in real life. Also if he wanted to do that he would have changed your names on both stories and he didn’t.

Yes I think it’s a coincidence and it’s not even that; it’s your thin-skinned paranoia driving your anger. And yes you were very very angry. Your reaction was completely histrionic, spiteful and over the top. Even if the name change was done to have a cheap shot at you, which it absolutely wasn’t, your reaction was totally inappropriate and inconsiderate of the 20 or so other people involved.

Finally Mr coffee-sniffer, the thread in your club lied about my involvement. You just made it up out of spite. Spite spite spite! I know you made it up and in doing so you reveal to me the state of your mind over this utterly ridiculous situation you have created.

I await your apology.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
17 Jun 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I don't think even you believe that. You and I both know what your motives were. The only real question mark is if they were childish or malevolent?

I remain undecided.
You’re an emotionally brittle idiot who has chucked away two friendships here and involvement in a cool little project with two dozen people from all over the world. Over what…nothing!

As I said earlier, you must be carrying a load of baggage from somewhere.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
17 Jun 21

@divegeester said

I await your apology.
An apology is over due.

Hopefully FMF will find it in himself to make it and publically acknowledge he knowingly altered my name without letting me know or first seeking my permission, and that this was done quite deliberately for his own amusement.

No lies were said about you. Suspecting your involved was not a lie.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
17 Jun 21

@divegeester said
Other than suffering from an overbearing disciplinarian mother, were you also bullied at school by any chance?
The old Dive would have regretted this post after a couple of hours and apologised.

Oh well.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
17 Jun 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
The old Dive would have regretted this post after a couple of hours and apologised.

Oh well.
Meet the new dive, same as the old dive.