1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 Feb '16 01:23
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    And I wonder what the reason for that is?

I'm sure you have your own prepared narrative about it, just in case you're questioned. Your only goal on these boards is to make yourself look good at the expense of those who disagree with you.

Then again, there are those of us out here who would "not go gentle into that good night."

Sorry you don't like it.
    Do Not Go Gentle Into That Goodnight
    "Published on Feb 1, 2015
    Read by Michael Caine and originally written by Dylan Thomas"

YouTube
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '16 01:40
    I'm sure we'd all be more entertained by your numbers. After all, that's what we were talking about. Shifting this to me is simple deflection.
    What you call "shifting this to [you]" is simply me pointing out your hypocrisy. My "numbers" will no doubt stand up to scrutiny in terms of variety of topics addressed, posters genuinely engaged, threads started, opinions shared, battles joined, responses carefully crafted, questions not dodged, criticisms not ignored, consistency maintained, principles applied, lack of anger, lack of insults and so on.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 Feb '16 01:50
    “No one is more insufferable than he who lacks basic courtesy.” ―Bryant McGill
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Feb '16 02:23
    Originally posted by FMF
    What you call "shifting this to [you]" is simply me pointing out your hypocrisy. My "numbers" will no doubt stand up to scrutiny in terms of variety of topics addressed, posters genuinely engaged, threads started, opinions shared, battles joined, responses carefully crafted, questions not dodged, criticisms not ignored, consistency maintained, principles applied, lack of anger, lack of insults and so on.
    You know, the only reason you can get away with this piffle is that you know I don't really care about you a) as much as you think, and b) nearly enough to keep detailed records about every letter you type.

You asked for numbers, so it seems only fair that you be prepared to defend yours, which is nigh on impossible, I would think. Just saying that you are the epitome of faultless forum posters frankly doesn't carry much weight. We can all see how you are relentless in your sneering attempts to elevate your own 'forum currency' while denigrating other forum posters. Data can be massaged. But people well remember nasty ways they have been brutally excoriated by you.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '16 02:251 edit
    You know, the only reason you can get away with this piffle is that you know I don't really care about you a) as much as you think, and b) nearly enough to keep detailed records about every letter you type.
    You address an awful lot of posts to me for someone who professes that they "don't really care" about what I think. πŸ˜‰
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '16 02:26
    Just saying that you are the epitome of faultless forum posters frankly doesn't carry much weight.
    I said no such thing, Suzianne. You are making stuff up. πŸ˜€
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '16 02:281 edit
    We can all see how you are relentless in your sneering attempts to elevate your own 'forum currency' while denigrating other forum posters. Data can be massaged. But people well remember nasty ways they have been brutally excoriated by you.
    Are you not, yourself, sneering at me now? πŸ™
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 Feb '16 04:51
    “Civility, it is said, means obeying the unenforceable.”
    ―Ellen Goodman
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Feb '16 09:44
    Originally posted by FMF
    You address an awful lot of posts to me for someone who professes that they "don't really care" about what I think. πŸ˜‰
    No, I said I don't really care about you. What you think is a concern of mine, especially when you use it to justify your attempted misrepresentation of other forum posters.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Feb '16 09:48
    Originally posted by FMF
    I said no such thing, Suzianne. You are making stuff up. πŸ˜€
    No, I'm not. Your trademark is your hyperinflation of your own worth to these forums, and the minimalization of others'.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '16 09:54
    No, I'm not. Your trademark is your hyperinflation of your own worth to these forums, and the minimalization of others'.
    You said: "Just saying that you are the epitome of faultless forum posters frankly doesn't carry much weight." This is simply not true. I never said anything remotely like it.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '16 09:56
    No, I said I don't really care about you. What you think is a concern of mine, especially when you use it to justify your attempted misrepresentation of other forum posters.
    I rather think you are misrepresenting yourself here. Why would you post angry stuff addressed to me so many hundreds and hundreds of times if you "don't really care"?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '16 10:19
    Granted, [Grampy Bobby] doesn't make it any easier on himself, but that's no reason to fall on him like a pack of dogs for every miss-step he makes.
    Do you have any examples of these missteps he makes or examples of where he "doesn't make it any easier on himself"?
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    08 Feb '16 10:43
    This thread is turning into a demonstration of "My enemies enemy is my friend"
    it's like pre-WW1 - whose side you gonna be on? I've respect for all sides on here
    even though most (perhaps all) have behaved like pratts (probably including myself)
    from time to time.

Don't run with the crowd. .
  15. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    08 Feb '16 13:44
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    [b]This thread is turning into a demonstration of "My enemies enemy is my friend"
    it's like pre-WW1 - whose side you gonna be on? I've respect for all sides on here
    even though most (perhaps all) have behaved like pratts (probably including myself)
    from time to time.

Don't run with the crowd. .
    [/b]
    My enemies enemy was my friend, until he pilfered my pocket watch. Now my enemies enemy is my enemy. His name is Douglas.

(I was of the opinion that a 'pratt' was a pregnant goldfish).

Wise man say, 'Don't run with the crowd, swim with the pratts.'

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree