1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 Feb '16 07:19
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Originally posted by @Grampy-Bobby
    [b]"On Sunday, February 21, 2016, Red Hot Pawn will celebrate its fifteenth birthday:"

"July 2007-2016

Thanks, Russ...."

~GB[/b]
    Thanks so much for making us all aware of this! I've resisted joining in all the early celebrations, but today is the day!

Well, we've got here, anyway, here in the UK. Hawaii will take a few hours longer! 🙂
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    22 Feb '16 04:52
    Originally posted by Startreader
    Thanks so much for making us all aware of this! I've resisted joining in all the early celebrations, but today is the day!

Well, we've got here, anyway, here in the UK. Hawaii will take a few hours longer! 🙂
    You're quite welcome. And thank you for your timely General Forum thread: Thread 167620
  3. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    22 Feb '16 12:26
    You're quite welcome. And thank you for your timely General Forum thread: Thread 167620
    And thank you for thanking her for thanking you. 😴
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '16 14:171 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie on page 271
    Look guys this is getting sinister. I don't mind a little forum banter but this has clearly gone beyond that. Fmf I am truly sorry if this has caused you distress. You are absolutely correct it is not a subject for forum banter. I do not suspect for one moment that you represent a danger to anyone although you can be infuriating at times. As to why you were pretending to be a woman from what I recall you were merely having some fun with the guys in the debates who could not work you out. It was entirely innocuous.

I really think that these forums are nothing but a propaganda war. Yet even in war there are rules of engagement. I was of the opinion that it was Realpolitik and as Prussian chancellor Bismark stated going to war with principles is like walking through a forest with an oar between ones teeth. I have no stomach for this.

I just want to make fun of people and have people make fun of me and to talk copious amounts of dwool. This is way beyond that and I am out. Sorry once again for any distress that has been caused.

Was this apology ever actually intended to be sincere? It seems not. One week has passed, that's all.

And now you've got bent out of shape here on Thread 167492 and on pages 36-37 you are raising, yet again, the question of whether I can be trusted with children who are members of this web site.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Feb '16 14:24
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Thank you for being here and supporting Russ Andy.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Feb '16 14:25
    Originally posted by FMF
    [b]Look guys this is getting sinister. I don't mind a little forum banter but this has clearly gone beyond that. Fmf I am truly sorry if this has caused you distress. You are absolutely correct it is not a subject for forum banter. I do not suspect for one moment that you represent a danger to anyone although you can be infuriating at times. As to why you w ...[text shortened]... again, the question of whether I can be trusted with children who are members of this web site.
    I'm surprised it only took a week.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    22 Feb '16 14:50
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    "And thank you for thanking her for thanking you" as well as you thanking me for thanking
    her on the same day which is the first day of the rest of our temporal lives...
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    22 Feb '16 14:52
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Thank you for being here and supporting Russ Andy.
    And thank you for supporting "Memo" through thick and thin since December 17, 2015.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Feb '16 14:551 edit
    And thank you for supporting "Memo" through thick and thin since December 17, 2015.
    What was the purpose of your OP in this thread?
    To solicit a free subscription?
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    22 Feb '16 15:01
    Originally posted by divegeester
    What was the purpose of your OP in this thread?
    Memo (OP)

"To my friends, for personal reasons I've decided not to renew my subscription which expires on January 6, 2016. To my almost friends, this will be my final thread on this forum for the foreseeable future. To Russ and his Admin Staff, thank you for an enjoyable experience since July, 2007. Kind Regards, GB"

To make a brief public statement about my decision within the context of a life threatening medical condition
    which now appears to have been resolved: nothing less nor more (recent Blood Work results later today).
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '16 15:04
    To make a brief public statement about my decision within the context of a life threatening medical condition which now appears to have been resolved: nothing less nor more (recent Blood Work results later today).
    Why didn't you just tell Russ to refund the anonymously donated subscription seeing as you didn't want to have one? 🙂
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Feb '16 15:072 edits
    [b]Memo (OP)

"To my friends, for personal reasons I've decided not to renew my subscription which expires on January 6, 2016. To my almost friends, this will be my final thread on this forum for the foreseeable future. To Russ and his Admin Staff, thank you for an enjoyable experience since July, 2007. Kind Regards, GB"

To ma ...[text shortened]... ow appears to have been resolved: nothing less nor more (recent Blood Work results later today).[/b]
    I'm not sure I understand the correlation between having a life-threatening (but now passed) condition, dramatically and publicly letting your sub lapse, appealing for and accepting a freebie and posting here every day from then until now?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '16 15:192 edits
    "To my friends, for personal reasons I've decided not to renew my subscription which expires on January 6, 2016. To my almost friends, this will be my final thread on this forum for the foreseeable future.
    What was the "...this will be my final thread on this forum for the foreseeable future" thing all about?

In the two months after you said that - and up until you started a new thread again on 19th February ~ during which time you weren't posting any OPs ~ you posted about 1,300 times.

And yet in the two months before your sudden announcement about some kind of semi-retirement, you only posted about 900 or so times.

So what was the not-posting-new-threads thing all about when your number of posts actually increased?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Feb '16 17:11
    ~ ZING ~
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    22 Feb '16 17:20
    Originally posted by FMF
    Why didn't you just tell Russ to refund the anonymously donated subscription seeing as you didn't want to have one? 🙂
    Because it was apparently a gift and I wasn't about to insult the giver who choose
    to believe I'd recover and resume posting in this forum during 2016. //

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree