1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Jul '16 17:55
    Or so "they" would have you think...

The forums are the best they've ever been and the site itself is way ahead of its competitors in terms of chess interface and supporting protocols.

I would gladly sell my house and all its contents to continue being a subscriber here and enjoy the smorgasbord of benefits and privileges my meagre stipend to Russ the Great entitles me to.

Long live RHP!
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    30 Jul '16 17:572 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester

The forums are the best they've ever been and the site itself is way ahead of its competitors in terms of chess interface and supporting protocols.

I would gladly sell my house and all its contents to continue being a subscriber here and enjoy the smorgasbord of benefits and privileges my meagre stipend to Russ the Great entitles me to.

Long live RHP!
    Sir,
    ROFLMAO....Sell your house! Is it only worth the price of a subscription. Hell, I'll buy one for you if it comes to that!!! That is one of the funniest remarks I've heard in these forums. Hey, where you going to live on the street, with a lap top?

Kind Regards,
    Sincerely,
    -VR
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    30 Jul '16 18:04

Long live RHP!
    Your cheek is bulging and your tongue is likely to break through at any moment. πŸ˜›
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    30 Jul '16 18:55

Long live RHP!
    Let me guess, your 'house' is a cardboard box under a bridge and the 'contents' are whatever leftover McDonalds wrappings you found in a litter bin in the park.

"Oh, we used to dream of living' in a cardboard box ... Nudge nudge, know what I mean ...? "
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Jul '16 23:19
    Originally posted by Very Rusty to divegeester
    That is one of the funniest remarks I've heard in these forums.
    More prima facie evidence that the OP is correct, then.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Jul '16 23:49
    Originally posted by FMF
    More prima facie evidence that the OP is correct, then.
    So your 'prima facie' ("at first sight" ) evidence that the OP is correct is "because it's funny"?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Jul '16 23:55
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    So your 'prima facie' ("at first sight" ) evidence that the OP is correct is "because it's funny"?
    So was Very Rusty's comment about it. All is good.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    31 Jul '16 02:201 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    So was Very Rusty's comment about it. All is good.
    Sir,
    Since you love asking questions so much. Would you sell your house and all its contents as Dive suggested he would to buy a Subscription? You don't see the humor in that?

Kind Regards,
    Respectfully,
    As Always,
    Sincerely,
    -VR
  9. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    31 Jul '16 02:29

Long live RHP!
    you are obviously homeless and probably jobless
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Jul '16 02:39
    Originally posted by lemondrop
    you are obviously homeless and probably jobless
    Actually he came across in his OP as a man with several houses - and one to 'waste' for the purposes of teeing up an excellent RHP thread like this - and the "jobless" vibe you get would be that many people who have several houses, with some to spare, often haven't done a day's work in their lives.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    31 Jul '16 02:48
    Originally posted by FMF
    [b]Actually he came across in his OP as a man with several houses - and one to 'waste' /b]
    Sir,
    Are you telling us that dive has several houses? Do you know this for a fact? The question actually was would sell your house and contents for a subscription. You have no sense of humor if you don't think that was a funny statement for him to make.

Kindest Regards,
    Have a nice evening,
    Sincerely,
    -VR
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Jul '16 02:51
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Are you telling us that dive has several houses? Do you know this for a fact? The question actually was would sell your house and contents for a subscription. You have no sense of humor if you don't think that was a funny statement for him to make.
    You have no sense of humor if you don't think that was a funny statement for him to make.

And yet you yourself said: "That is one of the funniest remarks I've heard in these forums."
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    31 Jul '16 02:533 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    [b]You have no sense of humor if you don't think that was a funny statement for him to make.
    And yet you yourself said: "That is one of the funniest remarks I've heard in these forums."[/b]
    Sir,
    And as usual you dodge around the questions asked you directly. πŸ˜‰ Are you telling us that dive has several houses? Do you know this for a fact? Would you sell your house and all its contents as Dive suggested he would to buy a Subscription?

Kindest Regards,
    Have a wonderful evening,
    Sincerely,
    -VR
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Jul '16 03:06
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    And as usual you dodge around the questions asked you directly. πŸ˜‰ Are you telling us that dive has several houses? Do you know this for a fact? Would you sell your house and all its contents as Dive suggested he would to buy a Subscription?
    Good grief, you have some gall lecturing others on their sense of humour! πŸ™„
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Jul '16 03:311 edit
    The most strident critics of the forum - as it currently is - seem to me to be as happy pigs in mud at the moment. With their post volume they are absolutely dominating the forum. And they are free to post what they want and to address whom they want. It's not clear what they are moaning about. They appear to me to be in their element.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree