1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    02 Aug '16 02:13
    Originally posted by FMF
    Oh look. You're talking about "the other mod" again.
    Sir,
    Correct! He would do the same thing you are doing. Cut part of what the poster said, and just put down what he wanted to answer. Just like you did? coincidence? How many times is that now, I know you love keeping track of what others say and how many times.

Kind Regards,
    Pleasure as Always,
    Sincerely,
    -VR
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Aug '16 05:23
    Originally posted by Ravello
    I really have not all the elemnets to judge the current situation, but i can surely say that even in Phlabibit times (someone remembers him?), users where lamenting the lack of interesting arguments in the GF, hence suggesting that sooner or later it was going to die. But the GF is still here today, so i guess history goes in cycles repeating itself.
    As the cliche goes, nostalgia ain't what it used to be. 😉
  3. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    02 Aug '16 05:31
    Originally posted by FMF
    As the cliche goes, nostalgia ain't what it used to be. 😉
    What did it used to be?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Aug '16 05:59
    Originally posted by Ravello
    ...the clans left are plagued with the same problems: unfair challenges often issued with the only purpose to ammass points to pass this or that clan in the scoring system. A great member of RHP (he was once even my clan leader, damn me i don't remember his name) used to banter about the ridiculousness of the clan scoring system but was not listened to, now i see that he was right and the clan scores had become pretty meaningless, hence taking away the fun and the competition amongst clans.

From what I gather, robbie carrobie is one of the big culprits behind this abuse of the Clans system - I imagine there are others - but I'm sure that robbie would argue that rendering "the clan scores had become pretty meaningless, hence taking away the fun and the competition" is a small price (for him) to pay for the attention it draws to him. Quite a lot of his posting offers to the forums something that is akin to what he offers to the Clan system. 🙂
  5. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    02 Aug '16 11:121 edit
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Sir,
    Correct! He would do the same thing you are doing. Cut part of what the poster said, and just put down what he wanted to answer. Just like you did? coincidence? How many times is that now, I know you love keeping track of what others say and how many times.

Kind Regards,
    Pleasure as Always,
    Sincerely,
    -VR
    I know this wasn't addressed to me, but FMF won't know who you were talking about. I think it was Phlabibit's Irish sidekick catfoodtim. They were both members of the cosy little Private Forum Clan.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Aug '16 11:36
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I know this wasn't addressed to me, but FMF won't know who you were talking about. I think it was Phlabibit's Irish sidekick catfoodtim. They were both members of the cosy little Private Forum Clan.
    Public Forum Contributors - aka PFC Clan 24350

Arch enemies of The Silent Majority - aka TSM Clan 24578 also the Club 225175
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    02 Aug '16 18:413 edits
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Kewpie,
    Thank You Kindly!
    Then you do remember the Mod he reminds me of and why. How do you know they aren't one in the same, for certain? Yes, I Called them part of the "INNER CIRCLE"! I knew someone would remember it. Besides you know how the general forum works,
    anyone can jump in no matter who the post was directed to. 😉

They would change their names to but it always had a "P" "F" "C" involved in the name. That was the wit of old Phlabs. 😉 "Pablum for Canada" was their last one. I just saw Dive's post on it.

Regards,
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    02 Aug '16 18:453 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Public Forum Contributors - aka PFC Clan 24350

Arch enemies of The Silent Majority - aka TSM Clan 24578 also the Club 225175
    Dive,
    Personally I found Phlabs to be quite comical at times. He wasn't a bad guy really. I talked to him a lot in P.M. We just didn't agree on certain things is all. Kind of like you and I.

He was probably the Mod who banned me the least amount of times, of them all. I deserved some, but there were others that were very questionable. I think the Moderation situation has improved considerably since back in those days, to be honest. Still room for improvement of course.

Kind Regards,
    -VR
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Aug '16 19:04
    Dive,
    Personally I found Phlabs to be quite comical at times. He wasn't a bad guy really. I talked to him a lot in P.M. We just didn't agree on certain things is all. Kind of like you and I.

He was probably the Mod who banned me the least amount of times, of them all. I deserved some, but there were others that were very questionable. I th ...[text shortened]... ce back in those days, to be honest. Still room for improvement of course.

Kind Regards,
    -VR
    I'll tell him you said hi...
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    02 Aug '16 19:121 edit
    I'll tell him you said hi...
    Dive,
    Don't tell me he is your next door neighbour also! I know you couldn't tell me if he is still on here under a different name, but if he is tell him to feel free to P.M. me. Thank you.

Regards,
    -VR
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Aug '16 19:13
    Dive,
    Don't tell me he is your next door neighbour also! I know you couldn't tell me if he is still on here under a different name, but if he is tell him to feel free to P.M. me. Thank you.

Regards,
    -VR
    He's not on here under a different name that I know of.
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    02 Aug '16 19:19
    He's not on here under a different name that I know of.
    Dive,
    So, you chat by e-mail or on facebook, twitter, etc., etc.,? Please, Don't tell him I said anything nice about him just that he was comical. 😉

Kind Regards,
    -VR
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Aug '16 20:55
    Dive,
    So, you chat by e-mail or on facebook, twitter, etc., etc.,? Please, Don't tell him I said anything nice about him just that he was comical. 😉

Kind Regards,
    -VR
    Facebook.
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    02 Aug '16 21:072 edits
    Facebook.
    Dive,
    I see, if he had wanted me to have it he would have gave it to me. Good that you keep in contact with him. I believe I told him at one time, I didn't bother much with facebook, only people I knew in person. I've kept it that way over the years. If memory serves me correct you were on his side in most discussions shall we say at that time.
    Regards,
    -VR
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Aug '16 03:24
    Dive,
    I see, if he had wanted me to have it he would have gave it to me. Good that you keep in contact with him. I believe I told him at one time, I didn't bother much with facebook, only people I knew in person. I've kept it that way over the years. If memory serves me correct you were on his side in most discussions shall we say at that time.
    Regards,
    -VR
    Why does everything have to always come down to "sides"?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree