since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    06 Jan '21 00:282 edits
    @very-rusty said
    A cheque, or check, can be spelled two ways! 😉

My Evidence:

Cheque
    A cheque, or check, is a document that orders a bank to pay a specific amount of money from a person's account to the person in whose name the cheque has been issued. The person writing the cheque, known as the drawer, has a transaction banking account where their money is held

-VR
    Cheque is a very specific word in English, but check has many other different options. In US it seems to mean a whole lot of other things, like a receipt (claim check, hat check) or bill (the list of restaurant charges) as well as the ordinary bank-paper (cheque) meaning. Just thought I'd stick in a bit of clarification here.

It's all academic now, cheques have gone the way of the dinosaurs. It's 2 years since I received one and 5 years since I wrote one. Cash is heading that way now too.
    (edited for typo)
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Jan '21 00:38
    @kewpie said
    Cheque is a very specific word in English, but check has many other different options. In US it seems to mean a whole lot of other things, like a receipt (claim check, hat check) or bill (the list of restaurant charges) as well as the ordinary bank-paper (cheque) meaning. Just thought I'd stick in a bit of clarification here.

It's all academic now, cheques have gone the w ...[text shortened]... I received one and 5 years since I wrote one. Cash is heading that way now too.
    (edited for typo)
    Yes Kewpie,
    I'll stick to the old cheque, if it is ok with you? 😉

-VR
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    06 Jan '21 13:03
    @very-rusty said
    Yes Kewpie,
    I'll stick to the old cheque, if it is ok with you? 😉

-VR
    Today we are getting a new furnace (The old one is 45 years old and has started "nickel-and-diming" us) and when it's installed and I get the bill I will stick a cheque, yes I still use them, in the mail.
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    10 Jan '21 10:38
    @great-big-stees said
    Today we are getting a new furnace (The old one is 45 years old and has started "nickel-and-diming" us) and when it's installed and I get the bill I will stick a cheque, yes I still use them, in the mail.
    If it can't be stuck to the top of page 1, could we pin it?
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 Jan '21 13:04
    @kewpie said
    If it can't be stuck to the top of page 1, could we pin it?
    Well, I might just go back to writing out checks....LOL...I just had to stick that in!

-VR
  6. Gothenburg
    Moves
    10 Jan '21 19:13
    @very-rusty said
    Well, I might just go back to writing out checks....LOL...I just had to stick that in!

-VR
    I haven't seen a cheque for decades. It's cash, cards or internet now. Swish too for those who use it.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 Jan '21 20:091 edit
    @torunn said
    I haven't seen a cheque for decades. It's cash, cards or internet now. Swish too for those who use it.
    I stick to checks or cash, debit cards, never buy things off of the internet except to pay my yearly subscription here. One of the other two sites I am a lifetime member and the other is a free one. This one is the best of the 3 in my opinion.

We are given much more freedom to say things than we are on other sites. We you and I for example wouldn't be allowed to disagree with each other, very strict rules.

-VR
  8. Gothenburg
    Moves
    10 Jan '21 20:39
    @very-rusty said
    I stick to checks or cash, debit cards, never buy things off of the internet except to pay my yearly subscription here. One of the other two sites I am a lifetime member and the other is a free one. This one is the best of the 3 in my opinion.

We are given much more freedom to say things than we are on other sites. We you and I for example wouldn't be allowed to disagree with each other, very strict rules.

-VR
    I appreciate the possibility we have to speak our minds but once we have done that, we can leave the subject. I show you my respect by letting you speak your mind also. When we have expressed our views, we can leave it. That is my opinion. 🙂
    And I don't seek conflicts for conflict's on sake, but I will take it when necessary.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 Jan '21 20:52
    @torunn said
    I appreciate the possibility we have to speak our minds but once we have done that, we can leave the subject. I show you my respect by letting you speak your mind also. When we have expressed our views, we can leave it. That is my opinion. 🙂
    And I don't seek conflicts for conflict's on sake, but I will take it when necessary.
    I pretty much stick to doing unto others as they do unto me. Sometimes I do unto others before they do unto me. I am never afraid of a conflict.

-VR
  10. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    16 Jan '21 22:18
    Oops! Found this stuck at the top of page 2.
  11. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    18 Jan '21 12:45
    @kewpie said
    Oops! Found this stuck at the top of page 2.
    Good to see it stuck at the top of one of the pages.
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 Jan '21 13:501 edit
    @great-big-stees said
    Good to see it stuck at the top of one of the pages.
    I got stuck with a lot of Clan Games which I love and will give me less time in the Forums which others will love, everyone wins! 😉

-VR
  13. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    18 Jan '21 14:27
    @very-rusty said
    I got stuck with a lot of Clan Games which I love and will give me less time in the Forums which others will love, everyone wins! 😉

-VR
    "Variety is the spice of life", so try not to get stuck in just, Clan Games.
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 Jan '21 18:40
    @great-big-stees said
    "Variety is the spice of life", so try not to get stuck in just, Clan Games.
    I didn't say I would stick to just the Clan Challenges but they do come before anything else. They have always been a priority to me, not to mention I have others depending on how well I do. The forums are just something I play in waiting for my clan moves. My Clan Leader has really loaded me up so will have less time for the General Forum and the few occasions I go into Debates Forum. I would think most people would be happy about that! 😉 It appears it is going to be a very challenging year for us, more Clans looking to beat us which is great to see.

-VR
  15. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    19 Jan '21 12:34
    @very-rusty said
    I didn't say I would stick to just the Clan Challenges but they do come before anything else. They have always been a priority to me, not to mention I have others depending on how well I do. The forums are just something I play in waiting for my clan moves. My Clan Leader has really loaded me up so will have less time for the General Forum and the few occasions I go into D ...[text shortened]... ng to be a very challenging year for us, more Clans looking to beat us which is great to see.

-VR
    I stick with my "Chess is a means to an end" for me...it's the bante...oooops, I mean... "chit-chat". 😲

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree