1. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 01:15
    I believe that this is the reason why JWs display such arrogance.

Jehovah's Witnesses believe that in 1918, Christ judged all world religions claiming to be Christian,[45] and that after a period of eighteen months, among all groups and religions claiming to represent Christ,[46] only the "Bible Students" (from which Jehovah's Witnesses developed) met God's approval.[47] Watch Tower Society publications claim that the world's other religions have misrepresented God, and filled the world with hatred.[48] They identify "Babylon The Great" and the "mother of the harlots" referred to in Revelation 17:3-6 as the "world empire of false religion"[48][49][50]

During the final great tribulation, all other religions will be destroyed by "crazed" member governments of the United Nations, acting under the direction of Jehovah.[51][52] Witness publications identify the United Nations as the "beast" to whom the "ten kings" of Revelation 17:12,13 give their "power and authority."[53]

Notes :
    45 Revelation—Its Grand Climax at Hand!, Watch Tower Bible & Tract Society, 1988, p. 56.
    46 Revelation—Its Grand Climax at Hand!, Watch Tower Bible & Tract Society, 1988, pp. 259-260.
    47 The Watchtower, January 15, 2008, p. 24.
    48 a b "Babylon the Great Indicted", The Watchtower, April 15, 1989, page 23.
    49 What Does The Bible Really Teach?, Watch Tower Bible & Tract Society, 2005, page 220.
    50 "Babylon the Great—Fallen and Judged", The Watchtower, May 1, 1989, pages 3-7.
    51 Revelation—Its Grand Climax at Hand!, Watch Tower Bible & Tract Society, 1988, page 256 par. 52 "No Peace for the False Messengers!" The Watchtower, May 1, 1997, pp. 17-18 par. 17: "Shortly, 'crazed' members of the UN will be maneuvered by Jehovah to turn on false religion, as described at Revelation 17:16 ... This will mark the start of the great tribulation"
    53 "Deliverance at the Revelation of Jesus Christ", The Watchtower, May 1, 1993, p. 24.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eschatology_of_Jehovah%27s_Witnesses
  2. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 05:441 edit
    Crazy what they believe. use their own writings against them. pyramidology? Sounds kinda heathen like if you ask me

Manny
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 13:18
    Originally posted by menace71
    Crazy what they believe. use their own writings against them. pyramidology? Sounds kinda heathen like if you ask me

Manny
    Only the Watch Tower was approved by God. Interesting claim. Now if they really believe that then you can understand why they wont listen to anyone on this site.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 18:59
    Some interesting ideas there on what exactly will bring on the great Tribulation.

I wonder how they can claim all that about Christ "choosing" them is true. I mean, "it's not in the Bible", which is their standard disclaimer for everything. Everything except their own claims, I mean.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 19:07
    Question: Are the JWers christians?

I think there are three answers to that question:
    (A1) Yes, according to themselves.
    (A2) No, according to other denominations.
    (A3) As long they believe in Christ the answer will be yes.

Another question: Are other christian denominations proper christians?

I think there are three answers to this question too:
    (B1) No, according to the JWers.
    (B2) Yes, according to all other denomination.
    (B3) Everyone beliving in Christ is christians, so yes.

Ideas to this analysis?
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 20:20
    Originally posted by FabianFnas

I think there are three answers to this question t ...[text shortened]... enomination.

Ideas to this analysis?
    What does FabianFnas believe the answers are to the questions?
    You already know my answers.
  7. England
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 20:54
    in america back then, did not they predict twice the day christ would return. after that they changed the name and declared they would never repeat nameing the date but from then on say it would happen in the next 20years or so. back in the 50s some would go around with sandwich boards declareing repent.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 21:592 edits
    Originally posted by stoker
    in america back then, did not they predict twice the day christ would return. after that they changed the name and declared they would never repeat nameing the date but from then on say it would happen in the next 20years or so. back in the 50s some would go around with sandwich boards declareing repent.
    We need to repent before we die; but that day and hour no man knows.
    So there is no need for us to know what exact day this world system
    will come to an end and Christ returns, for even if we did that would
    not prevent us from dying before then. We should plan our lives as if
    we have many years left, but with the awareness that it could end at
    any time. Make sure you do not put off your decision to accept Christ
    as your Lord and Savior until you suddenly die and can not make that
    decision.

P.S. It is somewhat the way many people put off making a will.
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 22:05
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    What does FabianFnas believe the answers are to the questions?
    You already know my answers.
    Yes, I think I know your answers. Let's hear if others has other answers. Because I don't think everyone agrees to the same answers. Do you?.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 22:11
    Yes, I think I know your answers. Let's hear if others has other answers. Because I don't think everyone agrees to the same answers. Do you?.
    I know that there are many who don't agree with me on practically
    anything I have discussed on this forum.
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    05 Jan '12 06:00
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I know that there are many who don't agree with me on practically
    anything I have discussed on this forum.
    That's something to use at your next meditation..
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Jan '12 11:16

I think there are three answers to this question t ...[text shortened]... enomination.

Ideas to this analysis?
    I think there is only one correct answer to all your questions ..

Christ will decide and judge
    Christ will know who are worthy of his salvation
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    05 Jan '12 11:41
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I think there is only one correct answer to all your questions ..

Christ will decide and judge
    Christ will know who are worthy of his salvation
    So you don't know then? You don't even have an opinion in the matter?

But you're right. Noone of us know what happens when we die. Doesn't matter if we are religious or not. We just don't know anything.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Jan '12 13:02
    So you don't know then? You don't even have an opinion in the matter?

But you're right. Noone of us know what happens when we die. Doesn't matter if we are religious or not. We just don't know anything.
    What Im sure of is that Christ promised to grant salvation to all who believe in him and follow his commandments.

A Christian really should not fear death neither be concerned about what happens when they die. Christ will look after such things. What we should be concerned about is being true to the commandments of Christ while we live.
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    05 Jan '12 13:31
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    What Im sure of is that Christ promised to grant salvation to all who believe in him and follow his commandments.

A Christian really should not fear death neither be concerned about what happens when they die. Christ will look after such things. What we should be concerned about is being true to the commandments of Christ while we live.
    I am equally sure of we don't know more about Christs promises than any other hearsay does. His words are written down some fifty years and more after by people not even seen Jesus, with a purpous.

I have nothing to fear after the death either. I am more afraid about the physical pain during and before the point of death. After that there is - nothing. Why should I be afraid? Only christians believing in eternal condamnation in hell should fear.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree