1. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Jan '12 14:12
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I am equally sure of we don't know more about Christs promises than any other hearsay does. His words are written down some fifty years and more after by people not even seen Jesus, with a purpous.

I have nothing to fear after the death either. I am more afraid about the physical pain during and before the point of death. After that there is - nothing ...[text shortened]... Why should I be afraid? Only christians believing in eternal condamnation in hell should fear.
    This is why it is pointless for Christians to discuss these matters with non-believers. Christians start off believing that Christ did in fact exist and his words are recorded in the Bible.

Although you need proof of that, I dont care for proof. Neither do I care if it is irrational or stupid or illogical or whatever non-believers think.

As for eternal condemnation, Christians differ in their beliefs on that. My personal belief is that if someone does not believe in Christ then they would not be raised for punishment.

From what I read in the Bible, there are 4 classes of people :

- the righteous dead or alive who will form the saints
    - the evil dead or alive who will be raised and punished ie destroyed
    - the innocent dead who will not be raised
    - the innocent alive who will be given an opportunity to accept Christ when he returns
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Jan '12 18:17
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    This is why it is pointless for Christians to discuss these matters with non-believers. Christians start off believing that Christ did in fact exist and his words are recorded in the Bible.

Although you need proof of that, I dont care for proof. Neither do I care if it is irrational or stupid or illogical or whatever non-believers think.

As for etern ...[text shortened]... e raised
    - the innocent alive who will be given an opportunity to accept Christ when he returns
    So are you saying that the only people who will be denied a relationship with God and Christ in eternity are those who had the bad timing to live and die before judgement day? (the innocent ones I mean, as you say)

It seems that this category includes most humans. So you would deny most humans who have ever lived their chance to be with their Creator in the New Jerusalem? This makes no sense to me.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    05 Jan '12 18:261 edit

"... and his words are recorded in the Bible."
    Yes, so it can be read. But it's just hearsay.

You have the full right to believe this, I don't deny you that. It is your religion. As you don't deny me to have the opposite opinion. And that you don't.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Jan '12 19:50
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    So are you saying that the only people who will be denied a relationship with God and Christ in eternity are those who had the bad timing to live and die before judgement day? (the innocent ones I mean, as you say)

It seems that this category includes most humans. So you would deny most humans who have ever lived their chance to be with their Creator in the New Jerusalem? This makes no sense to me.
    So what would make sense to you?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Jan '12 20:40
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    "... and his words are recorded in the Bible."
    Yes, so it can be read. But it's just hearsay.

You have the full right to believe this, I don't deny you that. It is your religion. As you don't deny me to have the opposite opinion. And that you don't.
    I am sure we don't have it all right. I just believe Chritians have a
    viewpoint closer to the truth than any other group. 😏
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    06 Jan '12 07:36
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I am sure we don't have it all right. I just believe Chritians have a
    viewpoint closer to the truth than any other group. 😏
    In christian matters christian people are closer to the christian truth than others. Funny that there are so many different christian truths that contradict eachother.

Example - what is the christian truth about the trinity that every christian person agree to?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Jan '12 07:42
    - the righteous dead...
    - the evil dead...
    - the innocent dead...
    - the innocent alive...
    You are of course forgetting

"The Grateful Dead"
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Jan '12 07:54
    Originally posted by divegeester
    - the righteous dead...
    - the evil dead...
    - the innocent dead...
    - the innocent alive...
    - the Grateful Dead...
    - (just) "The Dead", post Garcia...
    - (nowadays, minus Kreutzman & Hart) Furthur...
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Jan '12 15:21

Two questions: Why do you continually attack JW's when you both believe in Christ and why do you also say only those who believe in Christ will be saved, etc., when there are people on earth who never have and never will even hear the name Christ so what do you think will happen to those people? They automatically go to your hell because they never got the word? They go to some purgatory because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time? They go to heaven because they didn't know about original sin?

Don't you see a problem with all this?
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Jan '12 15:50
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Two questions: Why do you continually attack JW's when you both believe in Christ and why do you also say only those who believe in Christ will be saved, etc., when there are people on earth who never have and never will even hear the name Christ so what do you think will happen to those people? They automatically go to your hell because they never got the ...[text shortened]... eaven because they didn't know about original sin?

Don't you see a problem with all this?
    I don't discuss Bible matters with atheists. Neither do I apologize to atheists for not discussing these things with them.

However I would be happy to discuss any of the following with you :

Chess,
    Accounting
    Economics
    Politics
    The weather
    Education
    Finance
    Marriage and Divorce
    Etc, etc
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Jan '12 16:04
    I don't discuss Bible matters with atheists. Neither do I apologize to atheists for not discussing these things with them.

However I would be happy to discuss any of the following with you :

Chess,
    Accounting
    Economics
    Politics
    The weather
    Education
    Finance
    Marriage and Divorce
    Etc, etc
    Where in this forum or anywhere else did I ever say I was an atheist?

whether I am or not, the idea that you would not talk to atheists shows just how constricted your mind is.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Jan '12 16:10
    Where in this forum or anywhere else did I ever say I was an atheist?

whether I am or not, the idea that you would not talk to atheists shows just how constricted your mind is.
    You have on dozens of occasions condemned and ridiculed religious people. But I forgive you for that and I understand your ignorance. Im still willing to disucss any of the following with you ..

Chess,
    Accounting
    Economics
    Politics
    The weather
    Education
    Finance
    Marriage and Divorce

So whats your pleasure ?
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Jan '12 16:28
    You have on dozens of occasions condemned and ridiculed religious people. But I forgive you for that and I understand your ignorance. Im still willing to disucss any of the following with you ..

Chess,
    Accounting
    Economics
    Politics
    The weather
    Education
    Finance
    Marriage and Divorce

So whats your pleasure ?
    I have not seen such a closed mind in a long time. Have a good life, and don't be surprised when you find out the hard way there is no heaven OR hell.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Jan '12 16:48
    I have not seen such a closed mind in a long time. Have a good life, and don't be surprised when you find out the hard way there is no heaven OR hell.
    I have not seen such a closed mind in a long time. Have a good life, and don't be surprised when you find out the hard way there is both heaven and hell.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Jan '12 19:55
    I have not seen such a closed mind in a long time. Have a good life, and don't be surprised when you find out the hard way there is both heaven and hell.
    And may the better philosophy winπŸ™‚

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree