Christ returned & selected the JWs .. it is alleged :)

Christ returned & selected the JWs .. it is alleged :)

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
08 Jan 12

Originally posted by FMF
Your definition of "religion" leads you to believe there are 7,000,000,000 "religions"?

Originally posted by josephw
Minus the number of those who are Christs.
So Christianity is a religion, then. And then what? All non-Christians have one religion each? You sound like you are just making this up as you go along.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
08 Jan 12

Originally posted by FMF
So this "judgement" you are talking about has nothing to do with "salvation"? What does this "judgement" for non-Christians entail and how is it connected to their "conscience"?
You're not gettin' it John. God will judge everyone according to His righteousness.

The one who trusted in God's provision for salvation will be judged on that basis. The one who rejected Christ will be judged according to his own actions. The one who had never heard of Christ will be judged by God according to his conscience.

God is righteous and just. His judgements are pure. There will be no mistakes. No one will be able to say God is unjust.

F

Moves
08 Jan 12

God will judge everyone according to His righteousness.

The one who trusted in God's provision for salvation will be judged on that basis. The one who rejected Christ will be judged according to his own actions. The one who had never heard of Christ will be judged by God according to his conscience.
What does this "judgement" and "righteousness" actually entail for non-Christians and how is it connected to their "conscience" and "actions"? I don't quite get why you refuse to answer this direct question about what you are claiming.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
08 Jan 12

Originally posted by FMF
So Christianity is a religion, then. And then what? All non-Christians have one religion each? You sound like you are just making this up as you go along.
Pure Christianity is not a religion. As difficult as that is for you to accept. We can debate all day long about definitions of words, but when all is said and done Christianity is about a relationship with God based on what God does to establish that relationship.

Certainly there are those who call themselves Christian, and may in fact be Christian, that "do" religious things, but that doesn't negate what God is doing.

You don't know what God is doing and are reluctant to say what God is doing based on your idea about God. But it's your idea, not God's.

You can argue with me all day long about whether or not it's possible to know what God is doing. I take one side, you take the other. In the end we'll both know for sure won't we? But you can know for sure NOW!

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
08 Jan 12

Originally posted by FMF
What does this "judgement" and "righteousness" actually entail for non-Christians and how is it connected to their "conscience" and "actions"? I don't quite get why you refuse to answer this direct question about what you are claiming.
God has a standard. That standard is His perfect righteousness.

If one falls short of that righteousness, what is God to do?

Please get it out of your mind that I don't want to answer your question(s). Let's be honest at least and recognise the position we each hold. You don't believe it's possible to know the will of God concerning this life. I say you can. But since we are at fundamental variances this debate takes twists and turns as you attempt to debunk my arguments, and I attempt to persuade you of the error in your thinking.

Everything is an illusion until one knows the truth.

rc

Moves
08 Jan 12
1 edit

God has a standard. That standard is His perfect righteousness.

If one falls short of that righteousness, what is God to do?

Please get it out of your mind that I don't want to answer your question(s). Let's be honest at least and recognise the position we each hold. You don't believe it's possible to know the will of God concerning this life. I say y ...[text shortened]... e you of the error in your thinking.

Everything is an illusion until one knows the truth.
Everything is an illusion until one knows the truth?

what kind of insipid platitudes are you offering up, how is this going to help anyone?
Knowing something and actually doing something about it are two entirely different
things, are you also harbouring illusions that they are one and the same? It seems so,
yet here you are, intending to instruct others, so lets be honest and ask you, what is
the will of God so that you may be doing it yourself and instructing others to do
likewise.

F

Moves
08 Jan 12

Please get it out of your mind that I don't want to answer your question(s). Let's be honest at least and recognise the position we each hold. You don't believe it's possible to know the will of God concerning this life. I say you can.
The reason that you are utterly unconvincing in your claims to know "God's instructions" and know the way to attain "eternal life" is the incoherent hodgepodge of non-sequiturs, contradictions, moved goalposts, dodged questions, and illogical or fatuous platitudes you offer. The issue isn't whether or not you have the right to believe want you want about yourself - I support you in that. The issue is the make-it-up-as-you-go-along-esque feel of so many of the things you say.

F

Moves
08 Jan 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
what kind of insipid platitudes are you offering up [josephw], how is this going to help anyone?
I think he just makes stuff up as he goes along.

F

Moves
08 Jan 12

Please get it out of your mind that I don't want to answer your question(s).
OK, then. Here it is once again [apologies to other posters for the repetition]: "What does God's "judgement" and "righteousness" - which you claim has nothing to do with "salvation" - actually entail for non-Christians and how is it connected to their "conscience" and "actions"?

You can dispel the distinct impression that you don't want to answer this question by simply answering it.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
08 Jan 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Everything is an illusion until one knows the truth?

what kind of insipid platitudes are you offering up, how is this going to help anyone?
Knowing something and actually doing something about it are two entirely different
things, are you also harbouring illusions that they are one and the same? It seems so,
yet here you are, intending to i ...[text shortened]...
the will of God so that you may be doing it yourself and instructing others to do
likewise.
"..,so lets be honest and ask you, what is
likewise."

To believe in His son.

"what kind of insipid platitudes are you offering up, how is this going to help anyone?"

Help us, oh Jehovah's witness, to know the truth will you? Who is Jesus?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
08 Jan 12

Originally posted by FMF
The reason that you are utterly unconvincing in your claims to know "God's instructions" and know the way to attain "eternal life" is the incoherent hodgepodge of non-sequiturs, contradictions, moved goalposts, dodged questions, and illogical or fatuous platitudes you offer. The issue isn't whether or not you have the right to believe want you want about yoursel ...[text shortened]... . The issue is the make-it-up-as-you-go-along-esque feel of so many of the things you say.
Your posts are a masquerade. You make a perfect hypocrite of yourself.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
08 Jan 12

Originally posted by FMF
OK, then. Here it is once again [apologies to other posters for the repetition]: [b]"What does God's "judgement" and "righteousness" - which you claim has nothing to do with "salvation" - actually entail for non-Christians and how is it connected to their "conscience" and "actions"?

You can dispel the distinct impression that you don't want to answer this question by simply answering it.[/b]
If self righteousness was a requirement for having a relationship with God, you'd be His right hand man.

rc

Moves
08 Jan 12

[b]"..,so lets be honest and ask you, what is
likewise."

To believe in His son.

"what kind of insipid platitudes are you offering up, how is this going to help anyone?"

Help us, oh Jehovah's witness, to know the truth will you? Who is Jesus?[/b]
belief in his son is not actually doing anything, do you think that Satan believes in
the Son of God? what about the daemonic hordes?

(James 2:19) . . .You believe there is one God, do you? You are doing quite well.
And yet the demons believe and shudder.

now you will answer the question, what is the will of God so that you may be doing it
and instructing others to do likewise. If you cannot say, just say so, i dont care
whether you know or do not know, but you cannot go around pretending that you do
and offer up platitudes as if they are some kind of deep rooted spiritual truths. As
for knowing Jesus Christ, i cannot think of one instance where he offered up a
platitude in request to a spiritual enquiry, can you?

rc

Moves
08 Jan 12

Your posts are a masquerade. You make a perfect hypocrite of yourself.
not helping.

rc

Moves
08 Jan 12

If self righteousness was a requirement for having a relationship with God, you'd be His right hand man.
not helping