1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jan '12 04:29
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So you are ok with the killing of homosexuals simply because they are gay?
    I think what he is saying is that the killing of homosexuals simply because they were gay, historically, was "ok" because it was "obeying God" - even though some Christians acknowledge that Mosaic Law was the law of Moses and not the law of God.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Jan '12 04:35
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So you are ok with the killing of homosexuals simply because they are gay?
    BTW, the act of clitoris removal is practiced today and has been in the past and if that tribe never saw, heard of, or read about Jesus, they are all insane and therefore bound for hell?
    "So you are ok with the killing of homosexuals simply because they are gay"?

No. I think we should kill them for being left handed.

The "act" of mutilating a girl's body is barbaric. Or don't you know that?
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Jan '12 04:36
    Originally posted by FMF
    I think what he is saying is that the killing of homosexuals simply because they were gay, historically, was "ok" because it was "obeying God" - even though some Christians acknowledge that Mosaic Law was the law of Moses and not the law of God.
    That's not what I was saying.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jan '12 04:38
    Originally posted by josephw
    The "act" of mutilating a girl's body is barbaric. Or don't you know that?
    Executing a homosexual for being a homosexual is barbaric too, surely?
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Jan '12 04:39
    Originally posted by FMF
    Executing a homosexual for being a homosexual is barbaric too, surely?
    Surely.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jan '12 04:41
    That's not what I was saying.
    I thought I was offering a fair paraphrase actually. You say then: So "the killing of homosexuals simply because they were gay" is/was right/wrong, sane/insane, obeying God/not obeying God, Mosaic Law/God's Law, historically/nowadays? Which is it to be?
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Jan '12 04:42
    Originally posted by FMF
    So what do you mean by "justice" when you say that God will judge non-Christians on the basis of their conscience?
    What do you think I mean by "justice"?

Do you think God is a fool?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jan '12 04:43
    Surely.
    Well then, we all seem to agree that both 'executing homosexuals' and 'female genital mutilation' are both barbaric and insane. We have reached a degree of understanding.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jan '12 04:45
    What do you think I mean by "justice"?
    Well you said that God will judge non-Christians on the basis of their conscience. The "justice" you speak of, then, would be the outcome of this judgement you mention.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Jan '12 04:47
    Originally posted by FMF
    I thought I was offering a fair paraphrase actually. You say then: So "the killing of homosexuals simply because they were gay" is/was right/wrong, sane/insane, obeying God/not obeying God, Mosaic Law/God's Law, historically/nowadays? Which is it to be?
    Do you think killing homosexuals is just? Why should I?

Do you think crime of any kind should go unpunished?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jan '12 04:48
    There's only one way to "heaven". Eternal life is the gift of God. It isn't earned by "doing" or "being" good. No matter how "virtuous" one is, without Christ they are lost.
    I'll leave the judging to God.
    'God is only for me and my religion: not for people who have other religions.' This is a textbook religionist assertion. There is scarcely a more prominent religionist on this web site than you. It's interesting that you deny it, although I understand why.
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Jan '12 04:48
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well you said that God will judge non-Christians on the basis of their conscience. The "justice" you speak of, then, would be the outcome of this judgement you mention.
    Okay?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jan '12 04:50
    Do you think killing homosexuals is just? Why should I?

Do you think crime of any kind should go unpunished?
    Well you have conceded that executing a homosexual for being a homosexual is barbaric and insane. So if you have a further clear point with regard to this, please go ahead.

What does "crime of any kind" going "unpunished" have to do with what we are discussing?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jan '12 04:52
    Okay?
    Well if you can't - or don't want to - explain what you meant then I'm willing drop it. I asked you 'So what do you mean by "justice" when you say that God will judge non-Christians on the basis of their conscience?" and now you don't seem able to answer.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Jan '12 04:561 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    'God is only for me and my religion: not for people who have other religions.' This is a textbook religionist assertion. There is scarcely a more prominent religionist on this web site than you. It's interesting that you deny it, although I understand why.
    Religion is the practice of rites, rituals, and ceremonies by man in an effort to establish a relationship with God.

I do none of that. If you want to label me a "religionists" because of what I "believe", then have at it.

",..although I understand why."

You haven't a clue.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree