1. Amsterdam
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 06:38
    Maybe it's possible to make Russ respond to all the rumours..
    Thread 88227, dealing with the same subject, is already counting 159 post today.. and no response from Russ..

It's a fact that there was found prove of using the engine Fritz by one individual back in January..

It's a fact that this prove has been shown to Russ..

It's a fact that so many people have sent feedback to Russ about it..

It's a fact that Russ has not replied to any of the feedback..

It's a fact that this person was not granted his win in a tournament after the evidence of engine-use was shown to Russ..

It's a fact that Russ has closed down the Game Moderation team after that (and with that the Forum used by the Game Mods where the evidence is posted)..

It's a huge possibility that people will leave RHP because it seems that bias is shown at banning people / not consistently applying a ban to proven cheating..

Why are you not acting Russ!?

Why are you not responding?
  2. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 06:44
    I don't know Russ, except as the RHP admin, but I think Russ might have been busy with the power outage and server crashes.
  3. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 06:50
    Originally posted by coquette
    I don't know Russ, except as the RHP admin, but I think Russ might have been busy with the power outage and server crashes.
    Apparently this has been going on for quite some time, at the very least since the 2007 Championship concluded. There's been analysis and feedback and PMs flying all over the place, but no replies whatsoever, which is odd, given the seriousness of the issue. I'm not really sure what's going on myself, but I sure am confused.
  4. Jerusalem
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 07:152 edits
    Originally posted by GalaxyShield
    . I'm not really sure what's going on myself, but I sure am confused.[/b]
    Me too. I'm sure that i play against cheater. Last time I had this kind of feeling was when i played against User 317387.
    This time my opponent even can't explain simple chess issues. His graph is too strange. He makes stupid mistakes and then becomes strong grandmaster.
    I asked him question about his moves, but his answers were really bad. I sent a feedback about a 2-3 weeks ago, but he is still "alive".
    Please don't write here his nickname
  5. Standard memberHomerJSimpson
    Renouned Grob Killer
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 07:20
    The problem is this guy was an authority here at RHP and banning him would post a dark cloud over the whole game moding.
  6. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 07:20
    Originally posted by elady
    Me too. I'm sure that i play against cheater. Last time I had this kind of feeling was when i played against [uid]Frederik69[uid].
    This time my opponent even can't explain simple chess issues. His graph is too strange. He makes stupid mistakes and then becomes strong grandmaster.
    I asked him question about his moves, but his answers were really bad. I sent a ...[text shortened]... dback about a 2-3 weeks ago, but he is still "alive".
    Please don't write here his nickname
    You just did write his nickname 😕
  7. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 07:27
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    He's talking about two different users. The guy he mentions by name (User 317387) has indeed been banned, but I think the other player is someone he is playing or has played recently.
  8. Jerusalem
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 07:27
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    No, Frederik69 banned long ago
  9. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 07:28
    Originally posted by HomerJSimpson
    The problem is this guy was an authority here at RHP and banning him would post a dark cloud over the whole game moding.
    I think the admins need to look at it this way: Would they rather lose 'him', or would they rather lose David Tebb, who in my opinion, has done just as much but probably more for this site than 'him'.
  10. Jerusalem
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 07:32
    Ironman also was a huge authority
  11. The sky
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 07:43
    The dark cloud is already there, and it won't go away by ignoring it.
  12. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 08:071 edit
    Originally posted by Amsterdamn
    Russ, do you protect people from banning? [/b]
    Only if they're (former) moderators!
    😉
  13. California
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 08:36
    Good post Amsterdam. I would like to hear a response from Russ or the mods about this issue. I'm a paid subscriber and play a clean game. I rely on the mods and admin's professionalism in monitoring and banning engine users, cheaters or however you want to call them.

I like this site but if what I hear is true and there's nothing being done about it, this site will eventually lose its credibility and lose its members. You must maintain honor and integrity to keep this site its value to its members. You owe us this service. We expect this service.
  14. Joined
    24 Jan '08
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 09:00
    I do not like to post in threads that deal with forum "negatives", (especially being new to this site), but I would like to see how this is handled and I'm curious if this has been a common problem in the past. I am planning on subscribing having been reintroduced to chess after not playing for almost 20 years.

I don't mind the occasional cheater surfacing. It goes hand in hand with competition regardless of the game/sport, but I would like to see that the site takes an equal approach to the level of punishment upon those caught.
  15. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 09:082 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree