Man-made global warming

Man-made global warming

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
06 Sep 13

Originally posted by Eladar
Yeah, you're just as blinded by hate and social engineering as he is.
Hate? HATE? maybe extreme dislike but hate? I can't do anything about individual christians, heck, some of my best friends are christians😉 but I can extremely dislike christianity in general, especially the moronic war mongering anti women leaders, you know, the ones who start wars like the Crusades, or kill entire civilizations like they did in South America a few hundred years ago or the ones that kill abortion clinic doctors, you know, the part where they condemn abortion but when they convince a 14 yo girl who got pregnant from rape, to have the abortion, then when the baby is born, drop the new family like a rock and go on to the next case without a further word for the new mother or the fact that a few years down the line, the rapist gets out of jail and starts a lawsuit forcing the girl to allow visitation rights to the rapist. All that because of the misguided zeal to force births on girls not even CLOSE to being ready for motherhood. Oh yeah, there was that Nazi thing, nice christian folk. Then there are the asssholes attempting to force creationism to be taught in and evolution class as if creationism were a science. The US already lags behind all other developed countries and I wonder why. Hmmm. Could it be because of right wing christian nutters trying to control the intellectual life of the entire country like they try to control the internal lives of women? Just like the Taliban without the stonings.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Sep 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
Hate? HATE? maybe extreme dislike but hate? I can't do anything about individual christians, heck, some of my best friends are christians😉 but I can extremely dislike christianity in general, especially the moronic war mongering anti women leaders, you know, the ones who start wars like the Crusades, or kill entire civilizations like they did in South Amer ...[text shortened]... ke they try to control the internal lives of women? Just like the Taliban without the stonings.
Much of what you are referring to is not because of Christians, like me, who believe in defending life, liberty, and the persuit of happiness. It is a result of the distorted views of justice by liberal Democrats like you. Extreme reactions are sometimes provoked.

The Instructor

h

Moves
06 Sep 13
3 edits

Originally posted by RJHinds
Much of what you are referring to is not because of Christians, like me, who believe in defending life, liberty, and the persuit of happiness. It is a result of the distorted views of justice by liberal Democrats like you. Extreme reactions are sometimes provoked.

The Instructor
So the Christian Crusaders that waged war and the Christian Nazis in WW2 that committed atrocities and even those creationists that want creationism to be forcibly taught in the place of real science in schools -they were largely liberal Democrats? (and I suppose also all atheists and definitely none Christian as well, right? ) Really? Sorry, it is you that have “distorted views” although I would say “distorted" is too far a mild word for it and would say “COMPLETELY INSANE DELUSIONAL views” in your case.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Sep 13

Originally posted by humy
So the Christian Crusaders that waged war and the Christian Nazis in WW2 that committed atrocities and even those creationists that want creationism to be forcibly taught in the place of real science in schools -they were largely liberal Democrats? (and I suppose also all atheists and definitely none Christian as well, right? ) Really? Sorry, it is you that hav ...[text shortened]... “distorted" is too far a mild word for it and would say “INSANE DELUSIONAL views” in your case.
A straw man argument again. I was responding to something more specific and dealing with our time and not meant to include all history.

The Instrutor

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
06 Sep 13

A straw man argument again. I was responding to something more specific and dealing with our time and not meant to include all history.

The Instrutor
Exactly how do you think you got here? As a RESULT of that hated history.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Sep 13

Exactly how do you think you got here? As a RESULT of that hated history.
I suppose that my parents decided not to abort me. Aren't you lucky?

The Instructor

h

Moves
07 Sep 13

I suppose that my parents decided not to abort me. Aren't you lucky?

The Instructor
You've just confirmed my belief in the mother's right to abort.

E

Moves
07 Sep 13

Hate? HATE? maybe extreme dislike but hate? I can't do anything about individual christians, heck, some of my best friends are christians😉 but I can extremely dislike christianity in general, especially the moronic war mongering anti women leaders, you know, the ones who start wars like the Crusades, or kill entire civilizations like they did in South Amer ...[text shortened]... ke they try to control the internal lives of women? Just like the Taliban without the stonings.
Yes, you hate.

It is why you react so vehemently against Christians and feel the need to try to prove them wrong. You can't stand that some people view life from a different perspective. You feel the need to control how others think and hate it when people think differently.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
07 Sep 13

Yes, you hate.

It is why you react so vehemently against Christians and feel the need to try to prove them wrong. You can't stand that some people view life from a different perspective. You feel the need to control how others think and hate it when people think differently.
You have probably heard me talk about wanting freedom FROM religion. That means I don't want to see women controlled by demonic christian bastards who think its ok to kill abortion clinic docs. It's you who want control. I just want to be left alone to pursue my own version of happiness.

Christians, and Muslims, are into control, not me. If you saw how my wife and I live you would not be talking like that.

E

Moves
09 Sep 13

You have probably heard me talk about wanting freedom FROM religion. That means I don't want to see women controlled by demonic christian bastards who think its ok to kill abortion clinic docs. It's you who want control. I just want to be left alone to pursue my own version of happiness.

Christians, and Muslims, are into control, not me. If you saw how my wife and I live you would not be talking like that.
It's me that wants control? I'm the one saying that we should allow freedom. You are the one saying everyone must bow down to your beliefs. You are such a hypocrite. The sad part is that you are so controlling that you can't even see what you are doing.

You are a pathetic old man who has control issues. I'm certainly glad that I only know you through a web site. I'd hate to be actually related to you and have to see you at holidays and such.

h

Moves
09 Sep 13
5 edits

It's me that wants control? I'm the one saying that we should allow freedom. You are the one saying everyone must bow down to your beliefs. You are such a hypocrite. The sad part is that you are so controlling that you can't even see what you are doing.

You are a pathetic old man who has control issues. I'm certainly glad that I only know you through ...[text shortened]... web site. I'd hate to be actually related to you and have to see you at holidays and such.
Religion insults the human intellect by us what we should believe regardless of what evidence or logic may tell us (What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence ) while science and flawless logic tells us we should base our beliefs on reason and evidence alone and not on what we would like to be true nor on the bases of what some book says or what some religious preacher says (Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices ) what we should believe.
We understand this and this is why we want freedom from religion.

Religion, and other very similar irrational dogmatic beliefs most notably the quasi-religious dogma of hard-line communism, have caused wars and atrocities throughout history. Without a single exception, every leader in history known to have commit mass murders and started wars has been a believer either of some religion or quasi-religion (typically quasi-religious hard-line communism ). Without a single exception, there hasn't been a single mass murderer that was a rational atheist i.e. with no religion (Note that all the leading Nazis in WW3 where Christian without a single exception ) nor quasi-religion (note had-line communism is a quasi-religion ) -THAT is one main reason why we are so against religion! (plus we don't want to believe absurdities but would prefer to know the truth ) .

We want freedom from religion but, to put an end to such atrocities, we also would want other people to exercise their freedom to base their beliefs solely on the evidence and logic alone and not choose to allow their beliefs be blindly dictated by others nor blindly dictated by some book (whether so-called 'holly' book or not ) because, allowing either is very dangerous and leads to not only delusional beliefs but atrocities and wars. Exercising their freedom to base their beliefs solely on the evidence and logic alone will lead to greater freedom while allowing religion to dictate their beliefs will lead to wars, murders and political oppression which can only serve to take away our freedoms. If you are so really concerned about other peoples freedom and even your freedom, you should exercise your freedom to base their beliefs solely on the evidence and logic thus you should reject all religious beliefs.
Faith consists in believing when it is beyond the power of reason to believe.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Sep 13

Originally posted by humy
Religion insults the human intellect by us what we should believe regardless of what evidence or logic may tell us (What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence ) while science and flawless logic tells us we should base our beliefs on reason and evidence alone and not on what we would like to be true nor on the bases of what some book ...[text shortened]... ious beliefs.
Faith consists in believing when it is beyond the power of reason to believe.
From May 30th, 2013

A recent meta-analysis of 90 studies on religious private schools, traditional public schools, and charter schools shows that students perform best academically and behaviorally when they attend religious private schools.

http://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2013/05/10218/

The Instructor

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
10 Sep 13

You are a pathetic old man who has control issues. I'm certainly glad that I only know you through ...[text shortened]... web site. I'd hate to be actually related to you and have to see you at holidays and such.
Based on your posts elsewhere, the freedoms you want are things like gun ownership and tax avoidance. You still can't get your head around that you live in a country where you aren't allowed to cross the road.

I think sonhouse has had his head done in by too much posting by young earth creationists writing spherical objects in the science forum every time someone wants to talk about evolution or cosmology. The same argument again and again gets a little dull. You seem to like provoking people so you can accuse them of narrow mindedness, which strikes me as a somewhat unchristian attitude.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Sep 13

Originally posted by DeepThought
Based on your posts elsewhere, the freedoms you want are things like gun ownership and tax avoidance. You still can't get your head around that you live in a country where you aren't allowed to cross the road.

I think sonhouse has had his head done in by too much posting by young earth creationists writing spherical objects in the science forum every ...[text shortened]... you can accuse them of narrow mindedness, which strikes me as a somewhat unchristian attitude.
Please keep your religious criticisms out of the Science Forum. The Science Forum is to criticize Science. Take your religious criticisms to the Spirituality Forum so that it can be discussed properly.

The Instructor

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
10 Sep 13

Please keep your religious criticisms out of the Science Forum. The Science Forum is to criticize Science. Take your religious criticisms to the Spirituality Forum so that it can be discussed properly.

The Instructor

Ah, you mean where if we bring up the idea that religion is anti science you would say take it to the science forum?