* Game moderators - the cheat police

* Game moderators - the cheat police

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S
Bah Humbug!

C:\Drive

Moves
18 Dec 04
1 edit

S
Bah Humbug!

C:\Drive

Moves
18 Dec 04
1 edit

Got completely carried away with clicking on POST - so have edited out repeated postings 🙂

s

Moves
18 Dec 04

d
Elder Statesman

Moves
18 Dec 04
1 edit

Originally posted by forevergreenwithenvy
And do you know what i find even more staggering, some people on this site still persist in the belief that engine use, or cheating as its called cant be proven, good god wake up, it CAN be proven, and its not even that hard t ...[text shortened]... s that they use and turn those tools against them.

egards FGWE
Well I'm getting to the point where I don't give a rats arse, if I'm not allowed to open my mouth then boot me too.

I agree with you FGWE, spotting engine use is very easy, espescially when the tw@t you're playing uses it in both his games for ALL his moves. But just in case he is a brilliant player, I looked at another two of his games currently in progress - yep EVERY move matches up. Could go on looking, but I'll let someone else have a look.

Shouldn't be too hard to spot, I'm only playing a couple of clan challenges and it's one (2 games) of those.

d
Elder Statesman

Moves
18 Dec 04
1 edit

:-)

f

Moves
19 Dec 04

Originally posted by darvlay
if you don't play anymore then what the hell are you still doing here? you honestly think people want to hear your drivel? this matter does not concern you and your input is not needed. so how's about you pack up your x and get outta here, engine boy. if we want the opinion of a useless cheat, we'll come lookin' for ya. don't call us, we'll call you.
What the hell am i still doing here ?, im waiting to get booted you fool, if they boot me for engine use, then they have to boot all the others, and theres plenty more.

On the subject of drivel, well i dont see you making any intelligent contributions to this subject darvlay, if i want the opinion of a dumb ass FW boy, i'll give you a call ok

FGWE

EB

Moves
19 Dec 04

A little information for the policemem.....
I make a test with two different computer
1) - Pentium 1400 256 ram
2) - Pentum 2800 512 ram
same engine (Fritz8) 10 minutes every move .
Result : 2) computer gives more deep analysis and I got a different result.... of course 2) computer is strongest. (deep 19/20 in complex position )
The first computer stop analysis on deep 14/15 no more.
So I believe that a policeman MUST know these thinks about a "CHEATER":
Name of Engine or Engines because there are great difference between Fritz 8 and Deep Junior 8......Hiarcs 9 is more positional than other .... Chess Tiger 15 is very agressive.... and........go to the infinite
and someone can use more engines.
Processor of "cheater" computer
Ram 256, 512, 1giga or more
and if the cheater has a multiprocessor computer can see moves so deep that a normal machine cann't see so He don't result cheater....!!!
Reverse problem: the policeman use a multiprocessor computer:
he found so good move that the cheater don't can see so he is like an onest player...............STRANGE BUT TRUE.
I believe that this site is beatuful .... you are working against him.
A lot of onest player leave it in the next year.....I believe that this will be my choise ......I 'll return to play on GameKnot where the WEBMASTER IS AN OTHER THINK .... RUSS.....SORRY FOR YOU.
A little exemple.....when a player accuse an other of cheating.....the webmaster ask him the sure proufs.
Of course it's impossible give 100% prouf and THE ACCUSER WAS OUT
of Gameknot.
Little annotation.... in GAMEKNOT Chess Level is higher than here.
ICCF (International Correspondence Chess Federation) don't forbid engine use.
Bye

TSD
The 3rd Coming

London

Moves
19 Dec 04

I'd like to add my name to the list, not as a chess player but a statistician.

Which begs the question (to GreyEyesWithSorrow or anyone else), what are the engine matching rates for genuine players with ratings plus 2000/2100/2200?

What sort of percentage of players do you think could be cheating? Given that I can't beat a simple chess engine (Chess genius immediate setting), and yet sneak into the top 10%, those regularly cheating must be below 3%-5%. What do you think?

Also if any players are proved cheater and (C) applied I think we should allow them to register with a new clean user name but repay the subs.

Starman
Lucifershammer
Paultopia
Nicolai's
ouroboros
David Tebb
Grayeyesofsorrow
Trekkie
Mephisto2
mrmist
Marinakatomb
Timmy Toilet
TRACKHEAD 21
Crowley
Chess Kid1
Ragnorak
cbd
The Master 37
SirUlrich
SteveC
Arrakis
Phlabibit
Rapalla7
Gatecrasher
Cheshire Cat
SirLoseAlot
Zumdahl
Forevergreenwithenvy (C)
The Swine Down Hope

C

Argentina

Moves
20 Dec 04

Originally posted by The Swine Down Hope
I'd like to add my name to the list, not as a chess player but a statistician.

Which begs the question (to GreyEyesWithSorrow or anyone else), what are the engine matching rates for genuine players with ratings plus 2000/2100/2200?

What sort of percentage of players do you think could be cheating? Given that I can't beat a simple chess en ...[text shortened]... tecrasher
Cheshire Cat
SirLoseAlot
Zumdahl
Forevergreenwithenvy (C)
The Swine Down Hope

up today, after the poll was open, I think it defeats the very one and only motive to open it. Its a pity that, after 72+ hours only 100+ people have voted. That, statiscally speaking, does mean absolutely nothing. (I have no permision to vote, since im not a pawn star.)

But the poll is ill designed from start.
IMHO you must to take into account the lacking votes from active star pawns players in the third option (No opinion).

As the player's table tell us, there are app 4900 active players. So, 100+ or so votes in the poll arent significative.... only polarized crap.

BTW...
I see a GESTAPO here gowing up....
While they be honest people, I'd like to see the HUMAN counter part of the machine advocate furious and in some cases, stupid advocates of machine playing.
That is, there is a board of self proclaimed experts on "machine moves". All of them claim that are "forced moves" that can not be taken into account within a "machine analysis"...
But what about a HUMAN board, that can judge when a move is the best for a HUMAN player to take on?
IMHO, there should be 2 boards of police... the devil advocate. and the human one.
As things are going on, you are throwing the babe with the bath water.

-J

T
Total Domination

Wilmington, NC

Moves
20 Dec 04

Originally posted by derek9037
Well I'm getting to the point where I don't give a rats arse, if I'm not allowed to open my mouth then boot me too.

I agree with you FGWE, spotting engine use is very easy, espescially when the tw@t you're playing uses it in both his games for ALL his moves. But just in case he is a brilliant player, I looked at another two of his games currently in ...[text shortened]... rd to spot, I'm only playing a couple of clan challenges and it's one (2 games) of those.

feel sorry for you man I took a look, and you are playing against two guys who i've seen admission from that they use engines. THe one who's name begins with a b is beatable at the time when I played him he wasnt using that strong of an engine and once down pawn in both games he resigned. The other, K, stopped using when I told him I knew he was using one during our games, he resigned all his games and appeared to be going legit but more recently started again which you can see from his rating shooting straight up. Good luck against them.

m
Look, it's a title!

Run, it's offensive!

Moves
20 Dec 04

Ok, this is nice, but who's going to monitor the cheat police so they don't cheat themselves?

T
Total Domination

Wilmington, NC

Moves
20 Dec 04

Originally posted by CrazyLilTing

up today, after the poll was open, I think it defeats the very one and only motive to open it. Its a pity that, after 72+ hours only 100+ people have voted. That, statiscally speaking, does mean absolutely nothing. (I have no permision to vote, since im not a pawn star.)

But the poll is ill designed from start.
IMHO you must to take into account t ...[text shortened]... d the human one.
As things are going on, you are throwing the babe with the bath water.

-J
so you think 4900+ active chess players come to the forums? lol. The reason there are so few votes is because so few players come here. Most players simply joined thte site to play chess and nothing more. Plus how many of that amount have stars? And how many of those names ae double accounts or people who are gone from the site now? You can only count the numbers out of the ones who actually vote plus Russ never even told anyone about it. I was only able to find it from a link a mod posted. It should be on the mail page or at the top in big letters on the My Games screen, then everyone would vote. We all know this is only there and happening because of pressure from members lately but cheating has been a big problem for a long while on the site which has never been dealt with. My guess for the voting thing being where it is is to simply keep it out of the public view of all the members of the site. Nice for Russ to finally be doing something but think it could use some more effort.

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
20 Dec 04

Originally posted by CrazyLilTing
...the player's table tell us, there are app 4900 active players. So, 100+ or so votes in the poll arent significative.... only polarized crap.
Apples and oranges. Not all or even many of those 4900 active
players frequent the forums, fewer still the 'site ideas' and
'annoucements' forum, fewer still read the thread about
votes.

Your data comparison is not valid.

Nemesio

C

Argentina

Moves
20 Dec 04

Originally posted by nemesio
Apples and oranges. Not all or even many of those 4900 active
players frequent the forums, fewer still the 'site ideas' and
'annoucements' forum, fewer still read the thread about
votes.

Your data comparison is not valid.

Nemesio

oh well, I'm aware of that... what if I tell 1000 subscribers? That will ok 4 u?
BTW, if they doesnt visit the forums, more in favour of my argument, 'cos they doesnt care!

-J

C

Argentina

Moves
20 Dec 04

Originally posted by TRACKHEAD21
so you think 4900+ active chess players come to the forums? lol. The reason there are so few votes is because so few players come here. Most players simply joined thte site to play chess and nothing more. Plus how many of that amount have stars? And how many of those names ae double accounts or people who are gone from the site now? You can only count th ...[text shortened]... f the site. Nice for Russ to finally be doing something but think it could use some more effort.

Nope. Are u taking me by an idiot?

U dont take the point. Being a so much important decision. im specting a LOT of ps comming to vote....

And statiscally, forums or not in the way. the results of the poll up tosay hasnt any significance. And point.

Let us see what happen in a month or 2...

But I want to see this crap affair solved before that term.

-J