* Game moderators - the cheat police

* Game moderators - the cheat police

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
21 Dec 04

Originally posted by Russ
And he is a multi account abuser too! (Incredible)

Stand up user [b]rvugts
! Well done for making yourself look very silly indeed.

-Russ
[/b]
As Emeril once said:

BAM!

N
Cannabist

's-Gravenhage

Moves
21 Dec 04

Isn't this hilarious ... rvugts ... who apparently is also fingolfin is a member of the Rotating Star clan ... the clan of which als Trackhead is a member ... nice to accuse one of your own clan mates and not use your own name ....

d

Moves
21 Dec 04

Busted indeed.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
21 Dec 04

Well, I guess I can cancel that appointment with my psychiatrist to treat my "paranoia"!!

The RudeĀ©

who knows?

Moves
21 Dec 04

Originally posted by fingolfin
I don't know much about trackhead at all, but you can derive quite a lot from that ONE particular post and his profile.

1) He can beat engines.
2) He can identify during a game whether someone is using an engine and whether the engine is strong or not.
3) He plays large number of games at the same time.
4) Looking at his recent games, he seem ...[text shortened]... ccount, which, of course, also violates the TOS

Maybe you need to be less paranoid....
[/b]
How idiot you are,at least if you cheat with multi accounts act low profile in forums..................

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
21 Dec 04

Originally posted by Russ

again and all site access will be lost.

-Russ
[/b]
May happen anyway.

Seems like this dude might be a prime candidate for investigation. Sneaky, not too bothered about blatant breaking of the TOS, against the cheat police, nice graph, some distinctly shoddy play in the last month since the introduction of the cheat police.

Should be interesting...

: D

TSP
HIT THE LIGHTS

Moves
21 Dec 04

Originally posted by TRACKHEAD21
and this guy is still allowed to play using an engine because????
You're still here

T
Total Domination

Wilmington, NC

Moves
21 Dec 04

Originally posted by fingolfin
Hmmm, how did you know for sure he was using one? I can see how you could find out after the game, when running the game through a chess computer, but during a game?!!

Also, how can you say that the first guy is using a not so strong engine?
How do you know he is using an engine then? Are you an expert? If yes, how come?

Could it just ...[text shortened]... this police is going to operate. Or are they going to write their own rules? Very scary indeed!
First I must say I am shocked that this was a second account of a fellow clan member even more shocked by who it is, as we just played a friendly game about a week ago which I won. As for engines during a game as said a good while ago I enjoy playing against engines. When I'm on the computer if I'm not moving on rhp I'm probably checking my email or playing against some engine. While I can beat some engines, though some new stronger ones have come out I can't seem to even draw against, I have simply played so many countless games against different ones that their moves are just, hmmm whats the word....new word here....enginesque...hehe. Plus obviously analyzing a game in progress would be a violation of he TOS but certainly nothing wrong, I don't think, with analyzing a players previous games against various people. The other person I simply suspected and admitted to it when I asked, guess cause we were in the same clan at the time. Said he uses it against stronger players usually over 1800. Know I am a strong player on here, so when I play someone and win in, lets say 25 moves in 2 games and then play them again in a week with them then playing on the level of a 2000+ player, of course I'm going to suspect something. Had a tourney once against a 1400 player, won in like 20 moves as black and was going stong as white and then his play level like doubles for the rest of the game and we draw, hmmmm, while I believe players can get better over time I think thats just a weee bit suspicious. I tell it like it is. Just like in my bridge play in chess my etiquette isnt always good. I have no problems saying during a game to an 1800 player with like a 40-0 record, "so what engine are you using, would like to get some practice in against it after I win this game." While I think there are alot of great players on the site with some beautiful records who have been members for a good while. I am highly suspicious of any new player who starts off with a 30-0 or better record, playing flawless chess and rolling over some good players. Is one thing to have a 70-0ish record over close to a year of membership on the site and being 70-0 in like one or 2 months of being a member of the site. Maybe I am paranoid too, I mean I have been playing on pogo since back when it first opened and was a part of excite games and the main reason I rarely play on there anymore is because the engines probably out number the real players. And the almost only way to get a real game there is to play a 1minute game which, though I had gotten pretty good at it, just isnt real chess. I doubt you can find any game of mine that goes past maybe 25 moves in which I havent made some type of bad move. I probably don't make any big blunders at all though in one of games with ironman I did shoot myself in the foot and he then stomped on that foot as hard as he could. Small blunder which he tore open into something that will probably cost me the game. When m full concentration is on chess, generally I won't blunder at all just maybe make some unwise positioning moves. And yes ver few of my 129 loses are real loses. I think I remember one where I was drunk and made a move with like 4 moves away from mate and actually got myself mated. Know I lost to diralsing or however you spell his name, lost a real one to weyestrass though he's admitted to using an engine to play most of his games and havent seen his name around lately. Cant remember any others, alot of draws though. oh and I has several games with feivel and one of them I would have probably lost though I won like two and the rest probably got timed out. Hey Russ do me do me, and then please post your results on me publically. If the tool works, I dare a bunch of players to ask the same thing of course I wont say who those bunch are but certainly am curious about different people.

T
Total Domination

Wilmington, NC

Moves
21 Dec 04

Originally posted by The Slow Pawn
You're still here
He all wise one. Heard you lost to chris hahahahha. And who were you saying isn't a good enough player to interpret analysis results? Would seem you were refering to yourself lol.

r

Moves
22 Dec 04

Originally posted by Ravello
How idiot you are,at least if you cheat with multi accounts act low profile in forums..................

1. Calling someone an idiot is in breach of the TOS as well .....
2. Having multiple accounts doesn't necessarily imply that someone is cheating....

r

Moves
22 Dec 04

Originally posted by Ragnorak
May happen anyway.

Seems like this dude might be a prime candidate for investigation. Sneaky, not too bothered about blatant breaking of the TOS, against the cheat police, nice graph, some distinctly shoddy play in the last month since the introduction of the cheat police.

Should be interesting...

: D
Dude,

If you are referring to me:

1. How does losing 2 games (one of which against trackhead21) and 1 draw in 1 month constitute distinctly shoddy play?

2. Have you looked at your own curve? Doesn't look too different from mine and it does hint at some distincly shoddy play in the last month, (since the introduction of the cheat police.)

3. I'm not against the cheat police in principle. I do however have similar issues as the ones posted by el bruto.

Looking back at all the stuff written in this 24 page thread it is obvious that RHP has started to self-destruct.....

F
9 Edits

London

Moves
22 Dec 04

Originally posted by rvugts
Dude,

1. How does losing 2 games (one of which against trackhead21) and 1 draw in 1 month constitute distinctly shoddy play?

2. Have you looked at your own curve? Doesn't look too different from mine and it does hint at some distincly shoddy play in the last month, (since the introduction of the cheat police.)

3. I' ...[text shortened]... stuff written in this 24 page thread it is obvious that RHP has started to self-destruct.....
how can you say ragnorak's curve looks anything like yours???...you went from being an average 1200 player to a 1900 player in no time at all. ragnoraks curve is a steady increase of around 300 points at most, which is perfectly achievable through practice and study. a 700 difference in a matter of months is practically impossible, so i am led to believe!

fred

G

Moves
22 Dec 04
1 edit

Originally posted by rvugts
Dude,

2. Have you looked at your own curve? Doesn't look too different from mine a ...[text shortened]... thread it is obvious that RHP has started to self-destruct.....
Game 512417

Game 525049

Game 510589

Stunning
:-)

F
9 Edits

London

Moves
22 Dec 04

Originally posted by Grayeyesofsorrow
Game 512417

Game 525049

Game 510589

Stunning
:-)
i dont get it greyeyes...can you explain the importance of those games?

fred

r

Moves
22 Dec 04

how can you say ragnorak's curve looks anything like yours???...you went from being an average 1200 player to a 1900 player in no time at all

Yeah, it only took me about 230 games and 8 months to go from 1200 to 1900.

It took ragnorak 9 months to go from 1200 to 1835, but he only needed 181 rated games. So what are you really saying?

I think you got misled by the shape of the curve. Mine looks steeper, but that is only because my curve is compressed in a smaller space. (I have played more games but for some reason my curve is less wide.) So what are you really saying?

ragnoraks curve is a steady increase of around 300 points at most

Rubbish!!! He went from 1200 to 1835.

a 700 difference in a matter of months is practically impossible, so i am led to believe

Rubbish once again! Look at people like Jean Hebert and trackhead21 and you will see that a 700 difference in a matter of months is very well possible.

Even though it is easy to get misled by the way the curves get steeper after you have played more games, I strongly suggest that you check the data more carefully next time, before you make unjust comments. As I said before, RHP is self-destructing....