* New beta test sign up

* New beta test sign up

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
22 Nov 05
1 edit

A little different this time.

We are currently undertaking a relatively big back end change from PHP 4 to PHP 5. If you don't know what that means, it doesn't matter, you can still help.

I need a small number of people to play their games from another server. Someone who would like to help will need to :

-Use the site in RHP colours. The other branded versions will not be available.
-Remember to enter a different URL every time they wish to use the site.
-Report any problems, and stop using the site right away if they suspect the problem is serious.

It will probably be best if your game loads are not high with very tight timebanks. (Just so I can respond to any problems.) Everything has been tested by me, and should be fine, but there is a slight chance of the odd glitch.

The test will run for about a week, if all goes well, at which point we will have a short outage and then the change will be made to the production system.

It is important to stress that there is nothing new to look at by joining this test, the version tested should behave identically to the current production version.

If you still want to help, please post here, and I will contact you with a new URL and necessary passwords. Please do not pass these around, as this test does need to be controlled.

Thanks in advance,

-Russ

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
22 Nov 05

I don't mind being a tester.
I take it if big problems occur, still moves can be made via the 'normal' url? Or am I mistaken?

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
22 Nov 05
1 edit

Yes you can, but I would ask you not to go anywhere near the problem. (Be it a clan challenge, game, or whatever) until I have inspected what happened.

But, serious problems are unlikely anyway. (He says now...😉 )

-Russ

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
22 Nov 05

Just wanted to know, don't like to get timed out out of a tournament because not being able to make a move anymore if something dramatically happens.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
22 Nov 05

Sign me up.

I have lots of games but they are all long enough timeouts that I could not move for a week or more and still be fine if I had to.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
22 Nov 05

Brilliant, thanks guys.

I'll message you both later today.

-Russ

W
Angler

River City

Moves
22 Nov 05

I'll help if you need more.

y

Mumbai, India

Moves
22 Nov 05

I am ready and want to test as well. I play 1 day timeout but also have 7 day timebank for each of my games. So I should not have any problems as well if I am not able to play for a week!

You can PM me Russ!

W
Instant Buzz

C#minor

Moves
22 Nov 05

If you need more help, I can contribute. I have, perhaps, a different set up than most here which may be useful.

Regards

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
22 Nov 05

Thanks all.

-Russ

Force of Nature

The Bathroom

Moves
22 Nov 05

I'll help out as well. Sign me up, please!

a
Enola Straight

mouse mouse mouse

Moves
22 Nov 05

I'd love to help. Sign me up.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
22 Nov 05

A little delayed on this, so rather than send messages out before I sleep, I'll wait until tomorrow AM GMT.

-Russ

K
Happier Now!!

Home!!

Moves
23 Nov 05
1 edit

If its not to late, I am willing. My game load is very high, but most are 3/7 games so i should be able to help.

LS
THA LARGE

mackay QLD

Moves
23 Nov 05

looks like ya wont need me ,but if i can help,i,m ere