Any update on conditional moves

Any update on conditional moves

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DS

Moves
03 Jul 07

Would a two minute delay before a conditional move kicks in work? Just time enough for a message to be read?

DS
I'm A Mighty Pirateā„¢

PaTROLLING the forum

Moves
03 Jul 07

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
Would a two minute delay before a conditional move kicks in work? Just time enough for a message to be read?
Why not just display the message on the next non-conditional move?

DS

Moves
03 Jul 07

Originally posted by Daemon Sin
Why not just display the message on the next non-conditional move?
There were reasons suggested, among them was; eg. if a draw was offered on the first move their opponent wouldn't see it if they had set a conditional move.

b
perpetualEditMonkey

Nova Scotia

Moves
03 Jul 07
2 edits

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
There were reasons suggested, among them was; eg. if a draw was offered on the first move their opponent wouldn't see it if they had set a conditional move.
I think in the case of a draw offer is either to handle it as a conditional move choice (accept-draw), or if not handled, break the conditional move string. The most important thing is that the draw offer is not ignored.

I think for in-game messages, an idea could be to have a user set an option to break the conditional move string if there's a message or have messages displayed on the next non-conditional move.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
04 Jul 07

I have fallen behind on this already, but it is happening, so hang on in there. It is happening within a couple of weeks, not months.

-Russ

F

Moves
04 Jul 07

Originally posted by Russ
I have fallen behind on this already, but it is happening, so hang on in there. It is happening within a couple of weeks, not months.

-Russ
Even bad news is good news.
Now we know that it will happen, unconditionally but eventually.
Eagerly waiting / Fabian

b
perpetualEditMonkey

Nova Scotia

Moves
05 Jul 07

Originally posted by bosintang

I think for in-game messages, an idea could be to have a user set an option to break the conditional move string if there's a message or have messages displayed on the next non-conditional move.
Another option:

When a message is sent during a conditional move string, send a message to the user that there are new messages in the message log.

k

washington

Moves
05 Jul 07

i'm excited for conditional moves because of long endgames. how awesome it will be to not even have to look at the endgame a million times!

b
perpetualEditMonkey

Nova Scotia

Moves
04 Aug 07

*bump*

Any updates?

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
06 Aug 07

Not right now. I know this is a very anticipated feature, but I am not able to release anything right now. Please be patient, this is getting finished, but it is not a trivial feature and it is proving difficult to find the time to get it completed.

I will be making further posts here with regard to a beta period when it is done.

-Russ

b
perpetualEditMonkey

Nova Scotia

Moves
06 Aug 07

Not right now. I know this is a very anticipated feature, but I am not able to release anything right now. Please be patient, this is getting finished, but it is not a trivial feature and it is proving difficult to find the time to get it completed.

I will be making further posts here with regard to a beta period when it is done.

-Russ
Thanks. I was just wondering.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
14 Aug 07

The core of this is all working now, so with a few more evenings on it, I should be ready to set up a few beta testers.

-Russ

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
14 Aug 07

If you want to help beta this, sign up below. I will only need a few people initially, with priority given to contributors to this thread. I will then add further people over time until a full release.

-Russ

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
14 Aug 07

If you want to help beta this, sign up below. I will only need a few people initially, with priority given to contributors to this thread. I will then add further people over time until a full release.

-Russ
I'll sign up if you don't mind a non-sub-masta-rasta-beta-testa.

D

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
14 Aug 07

Not at all.

-Russ