Tournament moderators

Tournament moderators

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
08 Dec 06

Originally posted by Marinkatomb
2. Corrections
it is still possible for a strong player to end up in a weak band, or a weak player to end up in a strong band. What happens if his rating calculation doesn't decide someone is too strong for a tournament till round 3?
If the player's sustained peak rating minus whatever factor is decided on is higher than the band, then yes, they should be removed at the start of the next round.

A simple "Your rating now exceeds the band" message should be sufficient. Of course bumping players up to the next band would be nice, but much more difficult to implement, I think.

With tournament mods, to prevent abuse here, you'd need to have multiple mods agree that a player should be removed. When you get "committees" on a correspondence chess site, I see things taking ages, and not being very feasible.

D

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
14 Dec 06

Right, the site has now changed to highest rating in the last 365 days! What the F*** is that about??? That is an even dumber solution than the previous system. No one has suggested this as a solution, why has it been changed to this??? Now if someone exceeds their band by one point they a screwed for a WHOLE YEAR!! How could anyone possibly see this as a better system? READ THIS THREAD, FOR F*** SAKE READ IT!!! I despair 😠😠😠

H
Finish Him!!!

Chess Club HQ

Moves
14 Dec 06

Right, the site has now changed to highest rating in the last 365 days! What the F*** is that about??? That is an even dumber solution than the previous system. No one has suggested this as a solution, why has it been changed to this??? Now if someone exceeds their band by one point they a screwed for a WHOLE YEAR!! How could anyone possibly see this as a better system? READ THIS THREAD, FOR F*** SAKE [b]READ IT!!! I despair 😠😠😠[/b]
I agre that this is no where near a decent solution to the banded tournament problem but it does seem to be a temporary solution - check out Chris' comments in this thread - Thread 57817

z

Moves
15 Dec 06

Right, the site has now changed to highest rating in the last 365 days! What the F*** is that about??? That is an even dumber solution than the previous system. No one has suggested this as a solution, why has it been changed to this??? Now if someone exceeds their band by one point they a screwed for a WHOLE YEAR!! How could anyone possibly see this as a better system? READ THIS THREAD, FOR F*** SAKE [b]READ IT!!! I despair 😠😠😠[/b]
You're already in the top tier, so it hardly matters now does it? That said, I don't think there is a silver bullet that will solver all our problems but 365 days is much better than the old 30 days as it prevents sandbaggers (but not new players) from playing below their skill level.

DS
I'm A Mighty Pirateβ„’

PaTROLLING the forum

Moves
16 May 07

Come on guys, let's set up tournament moderators. Pass the burden of setting up tournaments to people who want to set up exciting tournaments. ALL official tournaments have arbiters. Moderators could keep the banded tournaments banded, they could sort out the Tournaments overview, removing all the cheats. We would no longer have to complain about lack of ...[text shortened]... rnaments, or have to pester you to start this tournament or that. It's a win - win situation!!
The changes to the Tournament Entry Rating system has slightly improved the situation but there is still a large amount of sandbagging going on.

I still back this idea and would happily be a Tournament Moderator.

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
16 May 07

Originally posted by Daemon Sin
The changes to the Tournament Entry Rating system has slightly improved the situation but there is still a large amount of sandbagging going on.

I still back this idea and would happily be a Tournament Moderator.
I agree, this tournie being a case in point...Tournament 2056

User 40539 Sealion has entered this after a break, having lost his consistent 2200 rating! There needs to be someone to remove these people from banded tournies, this one is effectively over before it's even started (unless he decides to leave the site...)

c
Β―\_(^.^)_/Β―

Moves
16 May 07

I agree, this tournie being a case in point...Tournament 2056

User 40539 Sealion has entered this after a break, having lost his consistent 2200 rating! There needs to be someone to remove these people from banded tournies, this one is effectively over before it's even started (unless he decides to leave the site...)
Pot, kettle, black, calling. πŸ˜‰

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
16 May 07

Originally posted by cadwah
Pot, kettle, black, calling. πŸ˜‰
Ayy? What are you suggesting, that i'm too high rated for the tournie? I hit 1900 once, but generally speaking i'm sub 1800...

c
Β―\_(^.^)_/Β―

Moves
16 May 07

Ayy? What are you suggesting, that i'm too high rated for the tournie? I hit 1900 once, but generally speaking i'm sub 1800...
LOL, hence the winking smiley.

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
16 May 07

Originally posted by cadwah
LOL, hence the winking smiley.
I didn't break any rules, had i not dropped down to 1100 i probably wouldn't have been able to enter the tournie, fair enough, but i'm not exactly taking the pi$$ by entering this one, i've lost in the final of three or four of these bands in the past...(always to a 2000+ player i might add!!)

c
Β―\_(^.^)_/Β―

Moves
16 May 07

I didn't break any rules, had i not dropped down to 1100 i probably wouldn't have been able to enter the tournie, fair enough, but i'm not exactly taking the pi$$ by entering this one, i've lost in the final of three or four of these bands in the past...(always to a 2000+ player i might add!!)
Well it looks like history may be repeating with this one too.