1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 02:061 edit
    9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor [a]effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.

Obviously Paul is mistaking gaccording to some around here. We are all sinners and Jesus will cover all sins if you just believe in him.

Living an active homosexual lifestyle can't keep you out of heaven if you accept Jesus free gift.

Yet Paul says otherwise, actually even Jesus says otherwise.

Matthew 7:21-23New American Standard Bible (NASB)

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. 22 Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many [a]miracles?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.’

I wonder who Jesus means, those who practice lawlessness? I am sure some are thinking Jesus sounds a lot like a Pharasee.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 02:131 edit
    Originally posted by Eladar
    [b]9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor [a]effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.

Obviously Paul is mistaking gaccording to some arou ...[text shortened]... those who practice lawlessness? I am sure some are thinking Jesus sounds a lot like a Pharasee.[/b]
    Jesus does not make the final pronouncement. God the Father makes the final judgement.

You have a reference for that?

Here is one which says you are talking nonsense:

For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: (John 5:22 KJV)
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 02:33
    Guess things are slow if people need to copy and paste stuff from other threads.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 02:37
    Guess things are slow if people need to copy and paste stuff from other threads.
    So where did the bible say that God will do the final judgment and not Christ.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 02:55
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    So where did the bible say that God will do the final judgment and not Christ.
    Take it to the other thread. When you answer my question, I will answer yours.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 02:59
    Take it to the other thread. When you answer my question, I will answer yours.
    Jesus does not make the final pronouncement. God the Father makes the final judgement.

For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: (John 5:22 KJV)
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 03:06

I answered you in the apprpriate thread.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 03:09
    [b]9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor [a]effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.

Obviously Paul is mistaking gaccording to some arou ...[text shortened]... those who practice lawlessness? I am sure some are thinking Jesus sounds a lot like a Pharasee.[/b]
    ]9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor [a]effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.

Obviously Paul is mistaking gaccording to some around here. We are all sinners and Jesus will cover all sins if you just believe in him.

Living an active homosexual lifestyle can't keep you out of heaven if you accept Jesus free gift.

Yet Paul says otherwise, actually even Jesus says otherwise.

Matthew 7:21-23New American Standard Bible (NASB)

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. 22 Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many [a]miracles?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.’

I wonder who Jesus means, those who practice lawlessness? I am sure some are thinking Jesus sounds a lot like a Pharasee.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 03:17
    ][b]9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor [a]effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.

Obviously Paul is mistaking gaccording to some aro ...[text shortened]... those who practice lawlessness? I am sure some are thinking Jesus sounds a lot like a Pharasee.[/b]
    If this forum is a joke then you should mosey on down the road... donkey.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 03:20
    If this forum is a joke then you should mosey on down the road... donkey.
    I said for the most part, for the couple of non pathetic ones I post.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 03:22
    I said for the most part, for the couple of non pathetic ones I post.
    You are a fool. You corrupted my thread with your nonsense. I intend to spoil yours.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 07:1610 edits
    Some brief comment:

9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God?

The exhortation is about inheriting the kingdom of God. It means that as long as any Christian (written to the church in Corinth) is in such a condition he is not qualified to inherit the kingdom of God.

In other words sanctification qualifies them to inherit the kingdom of God.
    Sanctification can be postponed temporarily.
    Sanctification can not be stopped.

Procrastination in sanctification is unfortunately possible.
    Prevention of sanctification will never happen to anyone eternally redeemed.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 07:44

"Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor [a]effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God. "

Do not be deceived. No Christian who has not been sanctified will be rewarded to inherit the kingdom of God while in that lifestyle.

Being forgiven is one matter.
    Being sanctified to be prepared to reign with Christ in the millennial kingdom is another matter.

The passage is not about "going to heaven".
    The kingdom of God is the kingdom the origin of which is from God.

And in Matthew, the peculiar phrase "the kingdom of the heavens" is not Heaven.
    it is the kingdom, the government, the origin of which is from heaven.

Obviously Paul is mistaking gaccording [sic] to some around here. We are all sinners and Jesus will cover all sins if you just believe in him.

The warning is not about failing to be forgiven.
    It is about failing to submit to the process of sanctification and in a TIMELY manner.

The passage does not say such defeated Christians will not be forgiven.
    It says that such defeated Christians will not be qualified to participate in an important stage of the kingdom of God.

The cannot postpone being sanctified indefinitely.
    But they unfortunately may postpone the process so that by the time of the second coming and Christ establishing the kingdom for the millennial reign, they are not ready.

They're readiness will be late and they will miss the reward of the millennial kingdom of God. When they are made ready in their living, that period of dispensational reward will be over.

This is like having to attend summer school. You graduate. But you graduate late.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 07:44

You are inserting "keep you out of heaven" where it reads "not inherit the kingdom of God"
    The exhortation is not about going to a happy place to be blessed forever up in heaven.
    The passage is about inheriting as a reward that period of time in which Christ establishes a kingdom upon the earth for one thousand years.

Of course that kingdom is eventually an eternal kingdom. However, to be made ready for it LATE, ie. after the initial one thousand years, is considered to be tardy. It is like you lost the celebration at the proper time but had to get qualified anyway late.

While a particular sin may be emphasized by this or that commentator a sister passage shows that the list here is only representative and not exhaustive. That is because of the words added by Paul -

" which are such things as ...and things like these ... such things ..." (See Gal. 6:19-21)

"And the works of the flesh are manifest, which are such things as fornication, uncleaness, lasciviousness, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, factions, divisions, sects, envyings, bouts of drunkeness, and things like these,

of which I tell you beforehand, even as I have said before, that those who practices such things will not inherit the kingdom of God." ( Gal. 6:19-21)

The lists is representative of "such things". While an unrepentant homosexual believer may not inherit the kingdom of God so also a divisive or sectarian or strife filled Christian may also be not qualified to inherit the kingdom of God.

These failures with fornication, ... sorcery,... bouts of drunkeness, ... outbursts of anger" are also not worthy of a normal Christian. While homosexuality may cause the saved person to lose the reward of the kingdom so a sectarian and factious Christian may also be disqualified.

Paul says he is forewarning them before that they may not be shocked or surprised.
    Paul says he warned them previously.
    And he warns them yet again.

" ... of which I tell you beforehand, even as I have said before, that those who practice SUCH THINGS ... will not inherit the kingdom of God."

To be eternally redeemed is one matter.
    To be sanctified in a timely manner so as to inherit the reward of the kingdom is a distinct matter.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 07:53
    So Christ is well able to sanctify us from within. We have to open to Him and allow His Spirit to spread throughout our personality.

Christ can do it. Christ is powerful and faithful.
    He can get us ready to enter into the next age as overcoming and victorious believers.
    That is ready to inherit the kingdom of God as a reward.

But by the time the eternal age commences afterwards every born again person would have been fully sanctified.

But to be made ready during the time in which we were suppose to have been made ready, will have a different flavor to it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree