1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Jul '17 22:573 edits
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    C'mon jaywill. How'd I know that you wouldn't actually address the content of my post?

Jesus clearly stated His purpose. The purpose for which He was anointed. Messiah means "anointed one":
    1) To preach His gospel - These are the words He spoke while He walked the Earth.
    2) To give sight to the blind - To open the eyes of those blind to the will of ...[text shortened]...
    The above is the gospel according to Jesus. The above is the purpose for which He was anointed.
    You are referring to the words of Jesus as He read from the book of Isaish in Luke chapter 4.

Very good. And you have another 18 chapters of Jesus' teaching just in Luke to go.

They also contain these words of Jesus.

" I have come to cast fire on the earth, and how I wish that it were already kindled.

But I have a baptism to be baptized with, and how I am pressed until it is accomplished!" (Luke 12:49,50)

He was saying that He was limited from accomplishing ALL that He came to accomplish until He could undergo His special baptism. That was the baptism of His redeeming death followed by His rising up in resurrection.

The fire He came to cast on the earth must be the Holy Spirit which He cast upon the earth into His disciples after His death and resurrection. Obviously He was not speaking of the baptism of John the Baptist which by this point was accomplished.

He was speaking of the baptism of His redemptive crucifixion and His rising up in resurrection.

C'mon ThinkOfOne. You know you are more sided with the chief priests and Pharisees and scribes who wished to put Jesus Christ to death rather than receive Him as Lord.
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    11 Jul '17 23:15
    Originally posted by sonship
    You are referring to the words of Jesus as He read from the book of [b]Isaish in Luke chapter 4.

Very good. And you have another 18 chapters of Jesus' teaching just in Luke to go.

They also contain these words of Jesus.

[quote] " I have come to cast fire on the earth, and how I wish that it were already kindled.

B ...[text shortened]... d Pharisees and scribes who wished to put Jesus Christ to death rather than receive Him as Lord.
    C'mon jaywill. How'd I know that you wouldn't actually address the content of my post?

Jesus clearly stated His purpose. The purpose for which He was anointed. Messiah means "anointed one":
    1) To preach His gospel - These are the words He spoke while He walked the Earth.
    2) To give sight to the blind - To open the eyes of those blind to the will of God which is contained in His gospel.
    3) To set free the captives - To FREE those who abide in His word from the slavery of committing sin. To FREE those who abide in His gospel.

The above is the gospel according to Jesus. The above is the purpose for which He was anointed.

You advocate the gospel according to those other than Jesus.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Jul '17 23:20

2) To give sight to the blind - To open the eyes of those blind to the will o ...[text shortened]... pose for which He was anointed.

1) Will everyone believe his gospel?

2)Will all the blind given sight?

3)Are all set free?
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    11 Jul '17 23:291 edit
    Originally posted by Eladar
    1) Will everyone believe his gospel?

2)Will all the blind given sight?

3)Are all set free?
    Why do you ask? If you have something to say, just plainly state it.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Jul '17 23:301 edit
    Why do you ask?
    Just trying to clarify what you mean.
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    11 Jul '17 23:31
    Just trying to clarify what you mran.
    If you have something to say regarding my earlier post, just plainly state it.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Jul '17 23:34
    I can't comment if your words mean nothing.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Jul '17 23:36

2) To give sight to the blind - To open the eyes of those blind to the will o ...[text shortened]... pose for which He was anointed.

Nope. It is not that I believe something extra.
    it is rather that you selectively do not believe it all.

What you do not believe you oppose.
    But being cowardly you oppose it in a deceitful way, like the betraying affectionate kiss of Judas.
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    11 Jul '17 23:38
    I can't comment if your words mean nothing.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Jul '17 23:41
    It's nebulous and needs clarifying.
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    11 Jul '17 23:45

Nope. It is not that I believe something extra.

What you do not believe you oppose.
    But being cowardly you oppose it in a deceitful way, like the betraying affectionate kiss of Judas.

Exactly. I am advocating the gospel according to Jesus. I'm not advocating the gospel according to those other than Jesus.

You on the other hand keep advocating the gospel according to those other than Jesus.
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    11 Jul '17 23:46
    It's nebulous and needs clarifying.
    If you don't want to plainly state it, then don't.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Jul '17 12:532 edits
    Exactly. I am advocating the gospel according to Jesus. I'm not advocating the gospel according to those other than Jesus.

You on the other hand keep advocating the gospel according to those other than Jesus.

I don't think you distinquished in the text of the NT the authentic teaching and the embellishment of myth wrapped around it. We just have to take your word for it that somehow you know this is so.

No textural analysis has been provided to demonstrate this.

So when you insist that you pass on only the authentic gospel of Jesus, it merely comes across as whatever you decide is authentic, rather arbitrarily.
  14. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    13 Jul '17 08:29

I don't think you distinquished in the text of the NT the authentic teaching and the embellishment of myth wrapped around it. ...[text shortened]... s, it merely comes across as whatever [b]you
    decide is authentic, rather arbitrarily.[/b]
    It's not at all "arbitrary". As I've repeatedly posted:
    2) To give sight to the blind - To open the eyes of those blind to the will of God which is contained in His gospel.
    3) To set free the captives - To FREE those who abide in His word from the slavery of committing sin. To FREE those who abide in His gospel.

15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '17 14:26
    It's not at all "arbitrary". As I've repeatedly posted:
    2) To give sight to the blind - To open the eyes of those blind to the will of God which is contained in ...[text shortened]... the gospel according to Jesus. The above is the purpose for which He was anointed.
    [/b]
    Funny how you are unable to use scripture for your definition of Jesus' purpose. You use your own nebulous words, I wonder why.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree