1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 20:482 edits
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Verse 20 doesn't say " "all the exterior stuff ...is no longer sinful". Those are your words. Not His.

Since you still haven't answered the question, here it is again:
    Do you believe similarly when it comes to "plant[ing] your field with two kinds of seed", "wear[ing] clothing woven of two kinds of material", "cut[ing] the hair at the sides of your h ...[text shortened]... clip[ing] off the edges of your beard", etc.?

Any chance you'll actually answer the question?
    20 And He was saying, “That which proceeds out of the man, that is what defiles the man.

Sin comes from what proceeds out of the man.

This is the truth you can't stomach. It throws your heretical stance on its ear. You can either agree with God or receive your just reward.
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 20:52
    Originally posted by Eladar
    [b]20 And He was saying, “That which proceeds out of the man, that is what defiles the man.

Sin comes from what proceeds out of the man.

This is the truth you can't stomach. It throws your heretical stance on its ear. You can either confirm to God or receive your just reward.[/b]
    Well, it seems that you refuse to answer the question.

In lieu of that, you've decided to make unfounded assertions.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 20:53
    Well, it seems that you refuse to answer the question.

In lieu of that, you've decided to make unfounded assertions.
    That's how you rationalize your attempt to dodge the topic and close your eyes to the truth?

Pathetic
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 20:56
    That's how you rationalize your attempt to dodge the topic and close your eyes to the truth?

Pathetic
    Let's see.

You've repeatedly refused to answer the question. True or not true?
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 21:001 edit
    Let's see.

You've repeatedly refused to answer the question. True or not true?
    What question? The question of how a man sins?

You are correct, I didn't answer it, Jesus did. I simply quoted it.

A man sins by his actions that come from his heart. Jesus the goes on to a specific list of the types of things he was talking about.

I described the same idea, you are simply unable to admit error since this would force you to admit your heretical point of view is in error. You can't do that.
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 21:03
    What question? The question of how a man sins?

You are correct, I didn't answer it, Jesus did. I simply quoted it.

A man sins by his actions that come from his heart. Jesus the goes on to a specific list of the types of things he was talking about.

I described the same idea, you are simply unable to admit error since this would force you to admit your heretical point of view is in error. You can't do that.
    Do you believe similarly when it comes to "plant[ing] your field with two kinds of seed", "wear[ing] clothing woven of two kinds of material", "cut[ing] the hair at the sides of your head or clip[ing] off the edges of your beard", etc.?
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 21:06
    Do you believe similarly when it comes to "plant[ing] your field with two kinds of seed", "wear[ing] clothing woven of two kinds of material", "cut[ing] the hair at the sides of your head or clip[ing] off the edges of your beard", etc.?
    I agree with Jesus, those are not sins.
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 21:21
    I agree with Jesus, those are not sins.
    You seem to have conflated your beliefs about what Jesus was saying with what He actually said.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 21:34
    You seem to have conflated your beliefs about what Jesus was saying with what He actually said.
    What is it in verses 20 and 21 that you believe says what you listed are sinful?
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 23:453 edits
    Originally posted by sonship
    I am not sure exactly how your comment is related.
    Please read again exactly what I wrote.

I don't think I said that there are not more warnings.
    Far from it.

I don't think I said there are only two.
    And I don't think I said a Christian could not be overcome by the love of sin / self / world.

I think wrote exactly the opposite of that with my two passages from [b]1 Cor. 6, Gal. 5
    Wish I had more time this morning.[/b]
    It still seems like that was what you were saying. We can be overcome sin, but if we not
    following the Lord sin will over come us. The life style choice that Eladar brought up was
    a good description of the danger some face, it isn't that God cannot save us, but a sinner
    rejecting God is still a sinner rejecting God.
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 23:53
    What is it in verses 20 and 21 that you believe says what you listed are sinful?
    If you want to understand what Jesus says in 7:20-21, try reading the chapter in its entirety.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Jul '17 00:01
    If you want to understand what Jesus says in 7:20-21, try reading the chapter in its entirety.
    20 and 21 represents the generalization of the original statement.

Btw, I wasn't asking for you to explain 20 and 21, but for you to explain why your list should still be considered sinful.
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    11 Jul '17 00:14
    20 and 21 represents the generalization of the original statement.

Btw, I wasn't asking for you to explain 20 and 21, but for you to explain why your list should still be considered sinful.
    I know what you were asking. You don't seem to understand what Jesus was saying. So try reading the chapter in its entirety.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Jul '17 00:33
    20 And He was saying, “That which proceeds out of the man, that is what defiles the man. 21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed the evil thoughts, [h]fornications, thefts, murders, adulteries, 22 deeds of coveting and wickedness, as well as deceit, sensuality, [i]envy, slander, [j]pride and foolishness. 23 All these evil things proceed from within and defile the man.”

I guess Jesus can't actually mean what he is actually saying.

Of course that was sarcasm. Jesus' words are direct and clear.
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    11 Jul '17 01:19
    [b]20 And He was saying, “That which proceeds out of the man, that is what defiles the man. 21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed the evil thoughts, [h]fornications, thefts, murders, adulteries, 22 deeds of coveting and wickedness, as well as deceit, sensuality, [i]envy, slander, [j]pride and foolishness. 23 All these evil things proceed from w ...[text shortened]... n what he is actually saying.

Of course that was sarcasm. Jesus' words are direct and clear.
    You don't seem to have any idea what point he was making.

Not when you're saying things like, ""all the exterior stuff Jesus says is no longer sinful", "Jesus agreed with the punishment of death for homosexuals because it is sin" and so on.

You haven't a clue.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree