1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    13 Jul '17 15:222 edits
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Funny how you are unable to use scripture for your definition of Jesus' purpose. You use your own nebulous words, I wonder why.
    Eladar is once again deceitful. No surprise there. He has nothing else but that and his bigotry.

As I posted earlier, Jesus clearly stated His purpose.

When Jesus began His ministry he quoted from the Book of Isaiah:
    Luke 4
    16And He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up; and as was His custom, He entered the synagogue on the Sabbath, and stood up to read. 17And the book of the prophet Isaiah was handed to Him. And He opened the book and found the place where it was written,

18“THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD IS UPON ME,
    BECAUSE HE ANOINTED ME TO PREACH THE GOSPEL TO THE POOR.
    HE HAS SENT ME TO PROCLAIM RELEASE TO THE CAPTIVES,
    AND RECOVERY OF SIGHT TO THE BLIND,
    TO SET FREE THOSE WHO ARE OPPRESSED,

19TO PROCLAIM THE FAVORABLE YEAR OF THE LORD.”
    20And He closed the book, gave it back to the attendant and sat down; and the eyes of all in the synagogue were fixed on Him. 21And He began to say to them, “Today this Scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing.”

Jesus clearly stated His purpose. The purpose for which He was anointed. Messiah means "anointed one":
    1) To preach His gospel - These are the words He spoke while He walked the Earth.
    2) To give sight to the blind - To open the eyes of those blind to the will of God which is contained in His gospel.
    3) To set free the captives - To FREE those who abide in His word from the slavery of committing sin. To FREE those who abide in His gospel.

The above is the gospel according to Jesus. The above is the purpose for which He was anointed.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '17 16:17
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Eladar is once again deceitful. No surprise there. He has nothing else but that and his bigotry.

[quote]Luke 4
    16And He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up; and as was His custom, He entered the synagogue on the Sabba ...[text shortened]...
    The above is the gospel according to Jesus. The above is the purpose for which He was anointed.
    Book and verse please instead of the gospels in accordance to a man's belief.
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    13 Jul '17 19:12
    Book and verse please instead of the gospels in accordance to a man's belief.
    No idea what this is supposed to mean.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '17 21:07
    No idea what this is supposed to mean.
    That's your problem. Ask for a biblical support for your position and you have no clue what that means.
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    13 Jul '17 23:29
    That's your problem. Ask for a biblical support for your position and you have no clue what that means.
    That's kind of what your awkwardly worded post seemed to be asking, but that didn't make any sense since my post included text from Luke 4.

You really need to take a writing class.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '17 23:33
    That's kind of what your awkwardly worded post seemed to be asking, but that didn't make any sense since my post included text from Luke 4.

You really need to take a writing class.
    For an internet forum?

Why bother? General jist works.

Now how about the scripture?
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 00:37
    For an internet forum?

Why bother? General jist works.

Now how about the scripture?
    Once again:
    "That's kind of what your awkwardly worded post seemed to be asking, but that didn't make any sense since my post included text from Luke 4."

Maybe you should see if you can find someone with a bit of education to explain the above sentence to you. Pay particular attention to the part in bold.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 01:28
    Once again:
    "That's kind of what your awkwardly worded post seemed to be asking, but that didn't make any sense since [b]my post included text from Luke 4.
    "

Maybe you should see if you can find someone with a bit of education to explain the above sentence to you. Pay particular attention to the part in bold.[/b]
    Exactly what I thought. You only have your false beliefs grounded in what's in your heart.
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 01:41
    Exactly what I thought. You only have your false beliefs grounded in what's in your heart.
    You can continue to pretend that I didn't post text from Luke 4, but anyone who has been following along will be well aware that you are once again being deceitful. That's the way of bigots like you.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 01:55
    You can continue to pretend that I didn't post text from Luke 4, but anyone who has been following along will be well aware that you are once again being deceitful. That's the way of bigots like you.
    About every reason why Jesus came to earth?

The reason is simlpe, to die for the sins of all who would believe in him, the Word of God.

The ones with the Holy Spirit within their hearts will be saved. Those who do not, will not.

The ones with the Holy Spirit will understand the word of God, those like you attempt to do so in vain.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 11:532 edits

[quote]Luke 4
    16And He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up; and as was His custom, He entered the synagogue on the Sabba ...[text shortened]...
    Your passage from Luke is noted.

Do you have yet some experience of Jesus setting you free?
    I have known Jesus as One setting free from captivity and releasing being oppressed.
    I have known Him as giving sight to the blind spiritually.

I know of Jesus giving hearing to the deaf physically.

Do you want to partake of this salvation work of Jesus?
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 14:15

[quote]Luke 4
    The above gospel is meaningless to the blind like yourself. All you can do is look at the scripture and never understand.
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 19:56
    Originally posted by sonship
    Your passage from [b]Luke is noted.

Do you have yet some experience of Jesus setting you free?
    I have known Jesus as One setting free from captivity and releasing being oppressed.

I know of Jesus giving hearing to the deaf physically.

Do you want to partake of this salvation work of Jesus?[/b]

You should let everyone know of this. There are many who believe it impossible for anyone to be freed from committing sin. This despite what Jesus preached in His gospel which you can read below:
    John 8
    34Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin."
    --Those who commit sin are slaves.

" 31 ...If you abide in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; 32and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”
    --Those who are true disciples of Jesus are freed from the slavery of committing sin and are no longer slaves.

"36 So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed. "
    --Jesus reemphasizes that his true disciples are indeed made free from committing sin.

" 35 The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son does remain forever.
    51Truly, truly, I say to you, if anyone keeps My word he will never see death.”
    --Those who continue to commit sin will not have eternal life. Those who no longer commit sin will have eternal life.

Many are still blind to the above.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 20:091 edit
    [b]I have known Jesus as One setting free from captivity and releasing being oppressed.

You should let everyone know of this. There are many who believe it impossible for anyone to be freed from committing sin. This despite what Jesus preached in His gospel which you can read below:
    [quote]John 8
    34Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you ...[text shortened]... ve known Him as giving sight to the blind spiritually.[/b]

Many are still blind to the above.[/b]
    There are many who believe it impossible for anyone to be freed from committing sin.

I haven't met them if there are "many".

35 The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son does remain forever.

So you believe that the son abides in the house forever ?
    So you believe that Jesus Christ is alive and that FOREVER ?
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 20:18
    Originally posted by sonship
    There are many who believe it impossible for anyone to be freed from committing sin.

So you believe that the son abides in the house [b]forever
    ?
    So you believe that Jesus Christ is alive and that FOREVER ?[/b]

Ask the posters on this forum. From what I've seen, most don't believe it possible for anyone to be freed from committing sin. Even though Jesus explicitly states that those who abide in His word would be made free. They are His true disciples.

So you believe that the son abides in the house forever?

Not sure, but do you understand that when Jesus says "son" there, he is referring to those who have been made free from committing sin?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree