1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 18:06
    Originally posted by Eladar
    The God of the New Testament is the God of the Old Testament. Jesus agreed with the punishment of death for homosexuals because it is sin.

When Jesus warned the crowd not to throw literal stones, what does he tell the woman at the end?
    Was that you do believe similarly or you don't believe similarly?
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 18:181 edit
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Was that you do believe similarly or you don't believe similarly?
    These people were carrying out the OT punishment for her action. Jesus said the one without sin at all carry out the execution. When no one killed her he told the woman to go and stop committing the sin.

The NT does not declare sin no longer sin, with the exception of the food laws. What is eaten is not a sin, actions can be sin. No where does Jesus say that sexual immorality identified in the OT is no longer sinful.

So I can see the argument that homosexuals should not be executed for their sin, I do not see how one can claim the NT says homosexuality is not sinful.

I answered your question, now answer mine. What does Jesus say to the woman after he saves her from her execution?
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 18:26
    These people were varrying out the OT punishment for her action. Jesus said the one without sin at all carry out the execution. When no one killed her he told the woman to go and stop committing the sin.

The NT does not declare sin no longer sin, with the exception of the food laws. What is eaten is not a sin, actions can be sin. No where does Jesus say th ...[text shortened]... estion, now answer mine. What does Jesus say to the woman after he saves her from her execution?
    Actually, you kind of danced around the question.

To make it easy on you, I'll repost it here:
    "Do you believe similarly when it comes to "plant[ing] your field with two kinds of seed", "wear[ing] clothing woven of two kinds of material", "cut[ing] the hair at the sides of your head or clip[ing] off the edges of your beard", etc.?"
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 18:30
    Actually, you kind of danced around the question.

To make it easy on you, I'll repost it here:
    "Do you believe similarly when it comes to "plant[ing] your field with two kinds of seed", "wear[ing] clothing woven of two kinds of material", "cut[ing] the hair at the sides of your head or clip[ing] off the edges of your beard", etc.?"
    Jesus says that what comes from a man's heart is sin, not outside.

All the exterior stuff Jesus says is no longer sinful. Jesus also says that sexual immorality comes from the heart and is sin.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 18:571 edit
    Guess things are slow if people need to copy and paste stuff from other threads.
    Lol, it's your thread mate!
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 19:09
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Lol, it's your thread mate!
    Ignorance is bliss. What I posted was accurate, you are evidently too ignorant to see the truth.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 19:15

Ignorance is bliss.
    Then sir you must be truly blissful.
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 19:161 edit
    Jesus says that what comes from a man's heart is sin, not outside.

All the exterior stuff Jesus says is no longer sinful. Jesus also says that sexual immorality comes from the heart and is sin.
    All the exterior stuff Jesus says is no longer sinful.

Actually what Jesus says is that a man eats does not defile the man since it passes through him and is eliminated.

Since you still haven't answered the question, here it is again:
    Do you believe similarly when it comes to "plant[ing] your field with two kinds of seed", "wear[ing] clothing woven of two kinds of material", "cut[ing] the hair at the sides of your head or clip[ing] off the edges of your beard", etc.?
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 19:362 edits
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    From Mark 7

14 After He called the crowd to Him again, He began saying to them, “Listen to Me, all of you, and understand: 15 there is nothing outside the man which can defile him if it goes into him; but the things which proceed out of the man are what defile the man. 16 [[f]If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear.”]

17 When he had left the crowd and entered the house, His disciples questioned Him about the parable. 18 And He *said to them, “Are you so lacking in understanding also? Do you not understand that whatever goes into the man from outside cannot defile him, 19 because it does not go into his heart, but into his stomach, and [g]is eliminated?” (Thus He declared all foods clean.) 20 And He was saying, “That which proceeds out of the man, that is what defiles the man. 21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed the evil thoughts, [h]fornications, thefts, murders, adulteries, 22 deeds of coveting and wickedness, as well as deceit, sensuality, [i]envy, slander, [j]pride and foolishness. 23 All these evil things proceed from within and defile the man.”

From what proceeds from within a man is what is sinful, not exterior stuff. Fornication which means sexual immorality is in the list of what Jesus calls sin.

You might want to memorize verse 20.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 19:39
    So in the question of which man the woman is married to in the afterlife, which man is it?
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 19:58
    Fro Mark 7

[b]14 After He called the crowd to Him again, He began saying to them, “Listen to Me, all of you, and understand: 15 there is nothing outside the man which can defile him if it goes into him; but the things which proceed out of the man are what defile the man. 16 [[f]If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear.”]

17 When he had left the crowd an ...[text shortened]... exual immorality is in the list of what Jesus calls sin.

You might want to memorize verse 20.
    Pay attention to what He actually says.

He doesn't say that "all the exterior stuff ...is no longer sinful". What he says is "Do you not understand that whatever goes into the man from outside cannot defile him, because it does not go into his heart, but into his stomach, and is eliminated?”
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 20:01
    Pay attention to what He actually says.

He doesn't say that "all the exterior stuff ...is no longer sinful". What he says is "Do you not understand that whatever goes into the man from outside cannot defile him, because it does not go into his heart, but into his stomach, and is eliminated?”
    Verse 20
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 20:40
    So in the question of which man the woman is married to in the afterlife, which man is it?
    Ask God.
  14. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 20:411 edit
    Verse 20
    Verse 20 doesn't say " "all the exterior stuff ...is no longer sinful". Those are your words. Not His.

Since you still haven't answered the question, here it is again:
    Do you believe similarly when it comes to "plant[ing] your field with two kinds of seed", "wear[ing] clothing woven of two kinds of material", "cut[ing] the hair at the sides of your head or clip[ing] off the edges of your beard", etc.?

Any chance you'll actually answer the question?
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 20:44
    Ask God.
    Jesus answered the question.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree