1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 08:38
    Originally posted by sonship
    Some brief comment:

9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God?

The exhortation is about inheriting the kingdom of God. It means that as long as any Christian (written to the church in Corinth) is in such a condition he is not qualified to inherit the kingdom of God.

In other words [b]sanctifica ...[text shortened]... unately possible.
    Prevention of sanctification will never happen to anyone eternally redeemed.
    I disagree, there are more than one warnings about those over come by sin. We are to walk
    out of our lives following the Spirit of God, if you end up loving sin over God, you have been
    overcome by it.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 11:473 edits
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I disagree, there are more than one warnings about those over come by sin. We are to walk
    out of our lives following the Spirit of God, if you end up loving sin over God, you have been
    overcome by it.
    I am not sure exactly how your comment is related.
    Please read again exactly what I wrote.

I don't think I said that there are not more warnings.
    Far from it.

I don't think I said there are only two.
    And I don't think I said a Christian could not be overcome by the love of sin / self / world.

I think wrote exactly the opposite of that with my two passages from 1 Cor. 6, Gal. 5.
    Wish I had more time this morning.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 12:08

Far from it.

And I don't think I said a Christian could not be overcome by the love of sin / self / world.

I think wrote exactly the opposite of that with my two passages from [b]1 Cor. 6, Gal. 5
    Wish I had more time this morning.[/b]
    You are ignoring the warnings by Jesus and Paul, and others.

The Bible says that sinful Christians will
    be destroyed,
    be cast our,
    be burned as chaff,
    be treated worse than dung,
    face a fate worse than death,
    and it was better if they did not know Christ in the first place.

You now are saying that they
    are eternally redeemed [nonsense],
    they will be corrected [nonsense],
    they will live in the millennium [nonsense].

I wonder if there are any idiots out there who rather listen to you than believe what the bible says so clearly... sadly there are some.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 12:15

Far from it.

I think wrote exactly the opposite of that with my two passages from [b]1 Cor. 6, Gal. 5
    Wish I had more time this morning.[/b]
    Okay I will go over it again.
  5. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 13:39
    I guess that leaves me out ..lol
  6. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 13:41
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    You are ignoring the warnings by Jesus and Paul, and others.

The Bible says that sinful Christians will
    be destroyed,
    be cast our,
    be burned as chaff,
    be treated worse than dung,
    face a fate worse than death,
    and it was better if they did not know Christ in the first place.

You now are saying that they
    are eternally redeemed [nonsense], ...[text shortened]... re who rather listen to you than believe what the bible says so clearly... sadly there are some.
    Have you watched any Television lately, ? It's not only the "wasteland" but a sinful one, at that
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 13:54
    Originally posted by ogb
    I guess that leaves me out ..lol
    Jesus decides who gets left out.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 13:56
    Originally posted by ogb
    Have you watched any Television lately, ? It's not only the "wasteland" but a sinful one, at that
    Im not big on TV and movies. Whats your point?
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 15:31
    Some brief comment:

9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God?

The exhortation is about inheriting the kingdom of God. It means that as long as any Christian (written to the church in Corinth) is in such a condition he is not qualified to inherit the kingdom of God.

In other words [b]sanctifica ...[text shortened]... unately possible.
    Prevention of sanctification will never happen to anyone eternally redeemed.
    Is there anyway we can know here on earth individuals who are eternally redeemed and who are not?
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 15:521 edit
    Originally posted by Eladar
    [b]9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor [a]effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.

Obviously Paul is mistaking gaccording to some arou ...[text shortened]... those who practice lawlessness? I am sure some are thinking Jesus sounds a lot like a Pharasee.[/b]
    Regarding the word arsenokoites - the word translated as "homosexuals" in the translation you chose:
    The force of Paul’s warnings very likely were instrumental in helping eliminate temple prostitution. This left behind a word of uncertain meaning that Paul had sternly disapproved of … and audiences were left with filling in the blank. Child molestation, anal/oral intercourse with one’s wife, and masturbation were three topics that certainly,  at different times, became associated with the word; the latest simply is (male) homosexuality.
    The end result of a lot of research is simply that – in spite of a lot of claims – the meaning of arsenokoites is obscure. One prominent investigator of the meaning of arsenokoites, Dale Martin of Yale University comments, “I should be clear about my claims here. I am not claiming to know what arsenokoites meant, I am claiming that no one knows what it meant.”
    Not many others are so humble; most have their favorite candidates for its meaning and, in the case of anti-gays, the meaning is confidently given as something akin to ‘(practicing) homosexual’ (variations on this theme depend on the writer’s political leanings). All such translations betray a serious ignorance – often intentional – of both ancient Greek and the culture in which the word was used; and they also basically reveal an entrenched political position – nothing more.

Pasted from <https://www.stopbibleabuse.org/biblical-references/paul/arsenokoites.html>
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 15:54

[b] "Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor [a]effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God. "

Do not be deceived. No Christian who has not been sanctified will be rewarded to inherit the kingdom of God w ...[text shortened]... be over.

This is like having to attend summer school. You graduate. But you graduate late.[/b]
    So Jesus was actually saying...

"You still act evil so you don't get to experience the first round, but you get the second round where you will be able to work out your salvation after death".

Sounds more like jibberish added by man than what is actually in the Bible.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 17:30
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Regarding the word arsenokoites - the word translated as "homosexuals" in the translation you chose:
    The force of Paul’s warnings very likely were instrumental in helping eliminate temple prostitution. This left behind a word of uncertain meaning that Paul had sternly disapproved of … and audiences were left with filling in the blank. [b]Child mol ...[text shortened]... ted from <https://www.stopbibleabuse.org/biblical-references/paul/arsenokoites.html>
    If homosexuality is not a sin, the why does God instruct Israel to kill those who practiced it, both of them, not just one.

In any case, those who teach others to sin will reap their reward in the next life.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 17:47
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Jesus decides who gets left out.
    Jesus does his father's will. If you know Jesus, you know God the father.
  14. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 17:48
    Originally posted by Eladar
    If homosexuality is not a sin, the why does God instruct Israel to kill those who practiced it, both of them, not just one.

In any case, those who teach others to sin will reap their reward in the next life.
    Are you seriously going to bring up the OT? Do you believe similarly when it comes to "plant[ing] your field with two kinds of seed", "wear[ing] clothing woven of two kinds of material", "cut[ing] the hair at the sides of your head or clip[ing] off the edges of your beard", etc.?
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 17:53
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Are you seriously going to bring up the OT? Do you believe similarly when it comes to "plant[ing] your field with two kinds of seed", "wear[ing] clothing woven of two kinds of material", "cut[ing] the hair at the sides of your head or clip[ing] off the edges of your beard", etc.?
    The God of the New Testament is the God of the Old Testament. Jesus agreed with the punishment of death for homosexuals because it is sin.

When Jesus warned the crowd not to throw literal stones, what does he tell the woman at the end?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree