23000 dead

23000 dead

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
17 Nov 05

Originally posted by blindfaith101
THE WORD OF GOD, will continue to prove you wrong. The grace of GOD, stills gives you the opportunity to come to your right mind, and accept the Salvation that is freely offered by JESUS CHRIST. Repent and come to JESUS CHRIST. Repent before it is too late.
Here's what a reasonable and humble man who believes in God says about what will happen to him after this life:

I consider myself in the hands of my Creator, and that he will dispose of me after this life consistently with His justice and goodness. I leave all these matters to Him, as my Creator and friend, and I hold it to be presumption in man to make an article of faith as to what the Creator will do with us hereafter."

Tom Paine

b

Moves
17 Nov 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
Here's what a reasonable and humble man who believes in God says about what will happen to him after this life:

I consider myself in the hands of my Creator, and that he will dispose of me after this life consistently with His justice and goodness. I leave all these matters to Him, as my Creator and friend, and I hold it to be presumption in man to make an article of faith as to what the Creator will do with us hereafter."

Tom Paine
he spoke truth. I hope he lived it as well. The information that gave on him earlier, showed that he was not saved. Also that he did not believe in THE WORD OF GOD.

b

Moves
17 Nov 05

Tom Paine
he spoke truth. I hope he lived it as well. The information that gave on him earlier, showed that he was not saved. Also that he did not believe in THE WORD OF GOD.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
17 Nov 05

You're an ignorant child not God. Stop pretending you know things you don't have the faintest clue about.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
17 Nov 05

You're an ignorant child not God. Stop pretending you know things you don't have the faintest clue about.
HOW CAN YOU TALK TO SOMEONE THAT YELLS " the word of god" ALL THE DAMN TIME ? IT'S FREAKING DISTRACTING.

BTW: WHO IS IT THAT HE'S TRYING TO CONVINCE ANYWAY??

l

London

Moves
17 Nov 05

I don't see how. He couldn't be irrational by definition, since His existence would be ascertained by reason and revealed by the workings of the universe. He couldn't be jealous since he wouldn't say nonsense like "I am a jealous God, thou shalt have no other Gods before me" since he would know there aren't any other gods. He wouldn't have been i ...[text shortened]... damn most of the human race to eternal suffering for the terrible crime of not worshipping him?
1. That his existence would be ascertained by reason etc. does not mean he cannot be irrational.

For instance, if the inmate of an asylum were to land at your doorstep, reason would be sufficient to ascertain his existence (and, perhaps, even his irrationality) - but the mere fact that you rationally ascertained his existence does not mean that he is rational - just that you are (at least in that instance).

2. If you don't know that the Deist God is rational, then you don't know that he cannot be jealous.

3. Same as (2) above with respect to his being murderous.

4. Nothing from reason and Nature tells us anything about what happens to people after they die - whether there is a damnation and whether people are damned. For all we know, every single person who dies could be damned. So, based on your example, we don't know that the Deist God is not unjust.

l

London

Moves
17 Nov 05

LH: After all, the usual arguments from suffering and evil (GAFE) would apply to a Deist God as well,

Actually they wouldn't since they rely on an omnipotent, omniscient and morally perfect god, all of which are claimed attributes of your OT God but none of which are claimed attributes of the Deist God.
no1: Actually they wouldn't since they rely on an omnipotent, omniscient and morally perfect god, all of which are claimed attributes of your OT God but none of which are claimed attributes of the Deist God.

Not really - Aquinas argues for the omnipotence, omniscience and omnibenevolence of God purely from philosophy in the Summa (Questions 25, 14 and 21 in Part I)*. Since he derives these based on pure reason, it follows that a Deist trying to determine essential attributes of the Deist God would also arrive at the same conclusions.

And so GAFE would apply to a Deist God as well as the OT God.

---
* http://www.newadvent.org/summa/1.htm

b

Moves
17 Nov 05

I know one for sure THE WORD OF GOD, teaches that CHRIST is soon to Return. The closer we get to that moment you unbelievers will mock, curse, blame, and etc. etc. etc. at GOD. That is all you can do. When the end does come, we will see who does ot have a clue.

b

Moves
17 Nov 05

Originally posted by frogstomp
HOW CAN YOU TALK TO SOMEONE THAT YELLS " the word of god" ALL THE DAMN TIME ? IT'S FREAKING DISTRACTING.

Don't Look

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
17 Nov 05

Don't Look
frigg you

l

Moves
17 Nov 05

The information that gave on him earlier, showed that he was not saved.
You are not God. Let him do his own job. He certainly doesn't need your help in determining whether Tom was saved or not. Only God knows what happened to Tom. Literally. So stop trying to get on God's level because that will only lead you to hell.

b

Moves
17 Nov 05

Originally posted by lioyank
You are not God. Let him do his own job. He certainly doesn't need your help in determining whether Tom was saved or not. Only God knows what happened to Tom. Literally. So stop trying to get on God's level because that will only lead you to hell.
The words that were given showed Tom was not saved. Maybe before he died he got saved. But at the time he wrote those statements he was not saved. if you also believe those words that he said, you are not saved either. I have not condemned him he condemned himself with his own words.

l

London

Moves
17 Nov 05

Tom Paine
But it wouldn't be "a presumption to make an article of faith as to what the Creator will do with us hereafter" if the Creator himself reveals part of that plan.

s
Don't Like It Leave

Walking the earth.

Moves
17 Nov 05

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
17 Nov 05

Originally posted by frogstomp
Only himself, frogman, only himself.