Absurd REALLY stupid stories in the bible.

Absurd REALLY stupid stories in the bible.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Z

Moves
19 Jun 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
So this REALLY stupid god decides these few thousand humans who tick him off because they refuse to massage his flagging ego daily, it causes a flood and incidentally kills BILLIONS of animals just to get back at those nasty humans.

Sure, it could happen. NOT.

Then this god says humans are BORN into sin.

This is some god you have, Corky.

You a ...[text shortened]... beat your women, after all, they are only worth about 60 percent of a man, worthless bitches.
belittling one's position, even if you're right, accomplishes nothing. do you wish to change someone's view, or just to mock them in order to feel superior?

you are better than this. are you?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
19 Jun 13

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
belittling one's position, even if you're right, accomplishes nothing. do you wish to change someone's view, or just to mock them in order to feel superior?

you are better than this. are you?
I think the bible belittles people in general when it makes up stories that are patently BS. Think about it. Can you see some kind of thinking compassionate being killing most of the animals on the planet to get at a bunch of bad humans? It rankles me to the core that such BS would be spread out as if it were coming from a god. Those are just a few of the most obvious ones.

How can otherwise intelligent people fall for such crap? What happened to their own reasoning power that they would fall for such obvious fantasy tales hook line and sinker?

Do YOU actually believe these fairy tales? Why would a real god base a religion on such clear lies? The answer is, it would not, not now and not ever. Then the stock answer from the deluded billions is 'oh so now you know the mind of GOD?'.

Of course I don't know the mind of a real god but it would be safe to say the one in the bible is not one.

You give up the right to even question such things when you accept the faith as your religion. Why? Why accept things that are totally false?

Moves
19 Jun 13

So this REALLY stupid god decides these few thousand humans who tick him off because they refuse to massage his flagging ego daily, it causes a flood and incidentally kills BILLIONS of animals just to get back at those nasty humans.

You a ...[text shortened]... beat your women, after all, they are only worth about 60 percent of a man, worthless bitches.
sodom and gomorrah has to be one of the worst stories. its so far fetched and illogical it make the tooth fairy seem like a plausible concept.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
19 Jun 13

Originally posted by stellspalfie
sodom and gomorrah has to be one of the worst stories. its so far fetched and illogical it make the tooth fairy seem like a plausible concept.
But a GOD turned her into a pillar of salt. What, you don't believe? You are damned in hell forever and you will burn all over your whole body forever and ever. What Bullcrap.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
19 Jun 13

For me, Noah's Ark is king. Just the thought of a Penguin waddling to Iraq from Antarctica to get on a boat for a year cracks me up.

Moves
19 Jun 13

Originally posted by SwissGambit
For me, Noah's Ark is king. Just the thought of a Penguin waddling to Iraq from Antarctica to get on a boat for a year cracks me up.
a whole city going gay!!!!! and then taking up raping as a side interest and why didnt anybody want to rape the non gay dude that lived in the town? then god kills the town for................being gay, rather than the raping!!!! how does an entire town go gay and get into rape?!?!? obviously the bible skips that important bit and mumbles something about sin.

the penguin obviously hitched a lift on the back of a walrus doofus!!!!

Moves
19 Jun 13

a whole city going gay!!!!! and then taking up raping as a side interest and why didnt anybody want to rape the non gay dude that lived in the town? then god kills the town for................being gay, rather than the raping!!!! how does an entire town go gay and get into rape?!?!? obviously the bible skips that important bit and mumbles something about sin.

The Sodom and Gomorrah tale ends with Lots' daughters plying their father with booze before sleeping with him. Gen.19.32. 'Incestual date rape!'

Every debate about homosexuality in the church has zealots reaching for this same passage as proof that homosexuality is wrong - 'The bible says so' - but no one ever mentions the bit about having it away with your daughters!

Moves
19 Jun 13

Originally posted by neilarini
The Sodom and Gomorrah tale ends with Lots' daughters plying their father with booze before sleeping with him. Gen.19.32. 'Incestual date rape!'

Every debate about homosexuality in the church has zealots reaching for this same passage as proof that homosexuality is wrong - 'The bible says so' - but no one ever mentions the bit about having it away with your daughters!
to be fair poor old lot was out of his skull and respect is due that lots little fella was still up to the job despite him being in a drunken coma and he got them both pregnant in one night!!!!

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
19 Jun 13
2 edits

But today in prison there are many people who take up both raping and being 'gay'. That is not only plausible, but still happens. Whereas you will never see a penguin ride a walrus more than a few feet without falling off. 😀

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
19 Jun 13

It's not absurd that Mary would say that "god" made her preggers. It's weird that that the male-centric population of the time would believe her and put it into the bible 😀

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 Jun 13

Originally posted by karoly aczel
It's not absurd that Mary would say that "god" made her preggers. It's weird that that the male-centric population of the time would believe her and put it into the bible 😀
Most of them didn't mention it. Probably too unbelieveable. Being raised from the dead was probably more believeable than a virgin birth.

The Instructor

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
19 Jun 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
Most of them didn't mention it. Probably too unbelieveable. Being raised from the dead was probably more believeable than a virgin birth.

The Instructor
Is there not enough other threads for you?

I was really enjoying this one.

BTW johnlongwoody, Potato Salad was always going to be one of the first to get it.

For me JC being "the son of 'God' "is the most bizarre. Not the story so much but that so many Christians would believe it and that nearly all Christians believe it to be quite a plausible story.
Says a lot about the human condition 😞

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
19 Jun 13

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Is there not enough other threads for you?

I was really enjoying this one.

BTW johnlongwoody, Potato Salad was always going to be one of the first to get it.

For me JC being "the son of 'God' "is the most bizarre. Not the story so much but that so many Christians would believe it and that nearly all Christians believe it to be quite a plausible story.
Says a lot about the human condition 😞
I really should eat more potato salad.

My doctor says I could do with losing about 20 pounds.
What's that? About 8 kilos?

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
20 Jun 13

Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
I really should eat more potato salad.
My doctor says I could do with losing about 20 pounds.
What's that? About 8 kilos?
So many absurd stories to choose from. Samson, the mass murderer, who is a biblical hero. Job, tortured by god just to prove a point. Noah and the incredible walk by animals and the like. Ezekiel and the spaceship where god travels. First thing tomorrow I am going to get some potato salad (German style) and think about this

k

Moves
20 Jun 13

Why was Sodom destroyed?

As I live, saith the Lord God, Sodom thy sister hath not done, she nor her daughters, as thou hast done, thou and thy daughters. Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good. (Ezekiel 16:48-50 KJV)

As I live," declares the Lord God, "Sodom, your sister and her daughters have not done as you and your daughters have done. Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had arrogance, abundant food and careless ease, but she did not help the poor and needy. Thus they were haughty and committed abominations before Me. Therefore I removed them when I saw it. (Ezekiel 16:48-50 NASB)

The reasons for Sodom's demise are in the bible