1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Nov '11 08:55
    This lady comes up to me while I was busking ,(I figured her for a JW), and she pulls out this songbook and starts to explain how I should be able to learn these chords with no problems. ( The "songbook" is actually just songs made out of bits and pieces of scripture set to fairly simple guitar chords and sheet music. Lol.)

So after she gives me her spiel and I listen attentively she says would I like this songbook. I tell her I cant pay for it and she says she will give it to me for free.
    I say "no" but she does not listen. She just acts as if I had said "yes" and proceeds to point out the songs that she thinks I should practice.
    Incredible!
    Nice lady n' all, but really...where are her communication skills? The thing is I was smiling and all my body language was positive as if I were going to say "yes
    " , but I said "No" . It was an awkward situation.
    She proceeded to show me the songs she thought I should learn,making out like she had done me a huge favour. The thing is she was just racking up JW brownie points, and false ones at that too! After all I didn't want to play those songs neither did I want her songbook. I didn't mind talking with her,but when someone just refuses to hear what you've just told them means that any conversation from that point on is mute.

This is not the first time I've had JW's barge into my house or hassle me when I'm busking or just sitting on the street. And it's not only the JW's. I've had other christians come and "comfort me" and pray for me because they thought I was homeless and starving.
    Talk about a warped view of the world. Just because someone is on the street doesn't mean they are homeless and need praying for. Derrr!!!
  2. Joined
    05 Feb '11
    Moves
    10 Nov '11 09:02
    That was a hilarious read 😀
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Nov '11 09:353 edits
    Originally posted by shahenshah
    That was a hilarious read 😀
    yeah shes probably heard REMs losing my religion too many times and wanted
    something edifying! Karoly Poly got pawned by a lady with a wooly hat and a
    handbag, that is hilarious. I dont believe ive ever barged into anyone's house and
    there have not been a few that i have refused to enter on account of cleanliness.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Nov '11 09:571 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yeah shes probably heard REMs losing my religion too many times and wanted
    something edifying! Karoly Poly got pawned by a lady with a wooly hat and a
    handbag, that is hilarious. I dont believe ive ever barged into anyone's house and
    there have not been a few that i have refused to enter on account of cleanliness.
    How did I know that you would defend this insane lady no matter what. This sort of thing will get you into trouble-remember the JW's take on some real "lost causes" who sometimes revert back to their "wicked ways" and bring shame to the organization.
    It is folly to defend each and every JW no matter what, but hey, do what you want.
  5. England
    Moves
    10 Nov '11 10:41
    you could be more polite and take the song and tell her you will be richer for knowing it, then do with it as you please, she would have been happy you would have been happy and i would be happy not haveing to read this post
  6. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    10 Nov '11 10:45
    Or you could have said -

'Listen you crazy old bint, i ain't got time for your religious BS. On ya bike!!'
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Nov '11 11:121 edit
    Originally posted by stoker
    you could be more polite and take the song and tell her you will be richer for knowing it, then do with it as you please, she would have been happy you would have been happy and i would be happy not haveing to read this post
    Ar,no ones making you read this post. The point here is-and it's a recurring one with JWs and other christians- that they just dont LISTEN

edit-"do with it as I please" , what? like changing the lyrics of "knockin' on heavens door" to "Knockin' on the devils door" ?
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Nov '11 11:141 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Or you could have said -

'Listen you crazy old bint, i ain't got time for your religious BS. On ya bike!!'
    Well, thats not for me to say, but there is a possibility that she may not even have heard that!! Seriously!! 😕
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Nov '11 12:121 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    How did I know that you would defend this insane lady no matter what. This sort of thing will get you into trouble-remember the JW's take on some real "lost causes" who sometimes revert back to their "wicked ways" and bring shame to the organization.
    It is folly to defend each and every JW no matter what, but hey, do what you want.
    id have been much happier if she had taken your guitar from you, slapped you on the
    side of the head and said, 'move over rover let the lady take over ' and ripped out
    some toe tappin riff that rocked the whole street and left your guitar smokin, but one
    cannot have everything.
  10. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    10 Nov '11 12:29
    This lady comes up to me while I was busking ,(I figured her for a JW), and she pulls out this songbook and starts to explain how I should be able to learn these chords with no problems. ( The "songbook" is actually just songs made out of bits and pieces of scripture set to fairly simple guitar chords and sheet music. Lol.)

So after she gives me h ...[text shortened]... the street doesn't mean they are homeless and need praying for. Derrr!!!
    I have only knowingly met JW's once and a Mormon once.
    I met the JW's when two turned up at my door, and who then spent 20 minutes trying desperately to cope with someone
    trying to de-convert them (which was only fair I thought as they were actively trying to convert me)
    And
    Once in the middle of a town where I was walking around trying to do my shopping and a Mormon (you could tell from the
    bible in one hand, the cross on the lapel, the slightly embarrassed forced jolly expression, and the name card saying
    "I'm a Mormon, ask me how"...) walked up to me and opened with "have you heard of the Osmonds..."
    I took pity on him and just walked away.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Nov '11 12:29
    id have been much happier if she had taken your guitar from you, slapped you on the
    side of the head and said, 'move over rover let the lady take over ' and ripped out
    some toe tappin riff that rocked the whole street and left your guitar smokin, but one
    cannot have everything.
    Who's to say I wasn't slammin out some toe tappin riffs myself?
  12. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    10 Nov '11 12:30
    cannot have everything.
    So you condone assault and battery, very Christian of you.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Nov '11 12:32
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Like I said, they defend their own no matter how twisted they are. Sad,really.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Nov '11 12:33
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    have you been watching too much Italian soccer, pony up and stop being hysterical,
    you pansy!
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Nov '11 12:341 edit
    Who's to say I wasn't slammin out some toe tappin riffs myself?
    then perhaps you should have asked for head cuttin competition with the lady, made a
    deal at the crossroads with the Devil and you'd have been sorted.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree