Arrogance can be wounded...

Arrogance can be wounded...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
06 Oct 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
My yougest son is homosexually orientated and I consider him the least
sinful of all my four sons. I love him probably most of my sons and
not sexually if you think that is what I mean by love. But I believe the
Holy Bible teaches that a certain act of homosexuality is an abomination
to God. I therefore believe that certain act must be a sin to God. ...[text shortened]... ot know for sure and don't want
to know, if God hates it enough to consider it an abomination.
Romans Chapter One, RJ. Appreciate your intellectual honesty and the anchor point

of your soul too much to believe "I do not know for sure and don't want to know".

gb

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
06 Oct 11
3 edits

Originally posted by RJHinds
Would you favor some sort of defect or purely lifestyle choice for the
tendency or supposed tendency toward homosexuality?
I honestly have no idea. There was a time when I was completely convinced of a genetic cause. But over time I've come to realize that genetic-caused homosexuality is not as solid a case as I thought it was.

Still, if I was forced into stating a belief one way or the other, I'd go with genetics.

A lot... and I mean a LOT... of Christians don't want to believe that homosexuality is genetically caused because they see it as an unfair act by God and how could God do such a thing. I beg to differ. I don't see anyone condemning God for allowing someone to be born with the tendency toward gluttony or drinking. I don't see anyone condemning God for allowing someone to grow up a compulsive liar, a cleptomaniac, or a sex addict.

Now, this is not to say a homosexual is the same as an alcoholic, however I draw a comparison between the two. Alcoholism is often passed down genetically. The alcoholic has a tendency to drink alcohol. The homosexual has a tendency to have romantic relationships with the same sex. Both tendencies, if taken too far, are sinful according to the bible. But having the tendency is not the sin.

We all have tendencies to do things God says not to do. I consider homosexual sex one of those tendencies that about 10-15% of the population has. The rest of us have other tendencies, equally bad if not worse.

It's not like a Christian can condemn a homosexual for living the homosexual lifestyle, and then turn around and gossip about others and bear false witness about others, and feel like they've acted more appropriately. In fact, in that scenario I'd say the Christian acted even less appropirately.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
06 Oct 11

Originally posted by sumydid
I honestly have no idea. There was a time when I was completely convinced of a genetic cause. But over time I've come to realize that genetic-caused homosexuality is not as solid a case as I thought it was.

Still, if I was forced into stating a belief one way or the other, I'd go with genetics.

A lot... and I mean a LOT... of Christians don't want to ...[text shortened]... . In fact, in that scenario I'd say the Christian acted even less appropirately.
"It's not like a Christian can condemn a homosexual for living the homosexual lifestyle, and then turn around and gossip about others and bear false witness about others, and feel like they've acted more appropriately. In fact, in that scenario I'd say the Christian acted even less appropirately."

Of the Seven Worst Sins, only one is overt... murder. Other six are an ugly mix of mental attitude sins and sins of the tongue.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
06 Oct 11

A lot... and I mean a LOT... of Christians don't want to ...[text shortened]... . In fact, in that scenario I'd say the Christian acted even less appropirately.
Since christians believe tha "God" will do the judging, and a homosexual act is bewtween 2 consenting adults, I dont think anyone should worry about what homosexuals do. If they are indeed sinning , then "God" will sort them out.
It's only when "crimes/sins" have actual victims that we should make laws/intervene in their actions.
Planty of other nasty things out there that we can focus our energy on instead.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
06 Oct 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Since christians believe tha "God" will do the judging, and a homosexual act is bewtween 2 consenting adults, I dont think anyone should worry about what homosexuals do. If they are indeed sinning , then "God" will sort them out.
It's only when "crimes/sins" have actual victims that we should make laws/intervene in their actions.
Planty of other nasty things out there that we can focus our energy on instead.
"It's only when "crimes/sins" have actual victims...

On what basis of authority do you draw this conclusion?

Moves
06 Oct 11

The books aren't closed on being born into homosexuality, i.e. genetically. A study was recently discussed on the radio, part of which looked at identical twins. Only 1 in 7 identical twin pairs are both homosexual. Of identical twin pairs, at least one of which is homosexual, in 6 out of 7 pairs, the other one is heterosexual; even though genetically, pa ...[text shortened]... is a far greater amount of stuff we don't know, compared to what we do know.
I said that their was an increased probability of being homosexual for males born who have elder
brothers, typically due to reduced levels of particular hormones after each male birth.

In the case of twins it is entirely possible for each twin to receive different amounts of hormones in
the womb.

And as I said, either way. There is nothing wrong with it.
If it is a choice (and all evidence to the contrary) then it is a choice they are [should be] free to make
without fear of sanction or prejudice.

Moves
06 Oct 11

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
[b]"It's only when "crimes/sins" have actual victims...

On what basis of authority do you draw this conclusion?

.[/b]
Yeah, on second thoughts I don't want to know you, and I reject your offer of a friendly chess game.
Bigot.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Oct 11

Originally posted by googlefudge
I said that their was an increased probability of being homosexual for males born who have elder
brothers, typically due to reduced levels of particular hormones after each male birth.

In the case of twins it is entirely possible for each twin to receive different amounts of hormones in
the womb.

And as I said, either way. There is nothing wron ...[text shortened]... ) then it is a choice they are [should be] free to make
without fear of sanction or prejudice.
I did not realize that. But it makes sense. I agree that a person should
have a choice of lifestyles; but I would hope that person would choose one
that would not lead him into sin or to do any act that is abominable to God.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
06 Oct 11

Yeah, on second thoughts I don't want to know you, and I reject your offer of a friendly chess game.
Bigot.
"The truth will set you free but first it will piss you off." -M. Pancoast

😉

Moves
06 Oct 11

"The truth will set you free but first it will piss you off." -M. Pancoast

😉
"Truth may piss you off....

Lies and bigotry always will." Googlefudge

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
06 Oct 11

"Truth may piss you off....

Lies and bigotry always will." Googlefudge
... but will leave you in bondage to the twin jailers, ignorance and arrogance, and never set you free.

😉

Moves
06 Oct 11

... but will leave you in bondage to the twin jailers, ignorance and arrogance, and never set you free.

😉
I don't know why your winking at me. I think you and your opinions are vile and despicable.

And In this instance, you are certainly ignorant, and very probably arrogant.
So you are the one in chains.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
06 Oct 11

I don't know why your winking at me. I think you and your opinions are vile and despicable.

And In this instance, you are certainly ignorant, and very probably arrogant.
So you are the one in chains.
In time we see in part, darkly as if peering into a cloudy mirror, but will see clearly in eternity.

Pocket this single sentence, goog, or better yet take it to the nearest bank. It's solid gold.

😀

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
06 Oct 11
1 edit

[b]Arrogance can be wounded...

Arrogance can be wounded, virtue can't.

Your thoughts?

.[/b]
Seems that so far posts are running about 40% 'thought', 55% raw feeling and 4% away from our conversational

topic. Other 1% of the posts are illegible and/or unreadable. Thread and I thank all of you for an enjoyable ride.

gb

Moves
06 Oct 11

In time we see in part, darkly as if peering into a cloudy mirror, but will see clearly in eternity.

Pocket this single sentence, goog, or better yet take it to the nearest bank. It's solid gold.

😀
Said the homophobic bigot.

Religion is full of wise sounding poetry, designed to make the person saying it seem wise and all knowing.

It is however a façade overlying empty house.

There is nothing there behind it to back it up.

You are a bigot, trying to cover up and justify your bigotry in fancy words and a cloak of religious respectability.

Guess what, it doesn't work.

Your bigotry is still plain for all to see.

You smile and speak calm words in an attempt to appear reasonable and on the moral high ground, as a parent
talking to a child throwing a tantrum.

However, I am an adult, you are backed by no reason, and you are on no moral high ground.
My reasoned morality means I can't abide your unreasoning immorality, and bigotry.

If you have nothing to say other than pithy meaningless trivialities masquerading as wisdom.
Save it for someone who cares.