1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 Dec '17 19:53
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    I’ve told you several times openly and frankly what I think about you and why; you asking me to explain it to you again is an example of you being intellectually dishonest. Do you understand that?
    Now you sound like FMF. You seem to be thriving under his tutelage.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Dec '17 19:55
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Now you sound like FMF. You seem to be thriving under his tutelage.
    If you don’t like my replies to you then, why do you keep chasing me down with your silly little questions.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    05 Jan '18 10:38
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Who was kicked out of the Debate Forum?
    Yes. Who?
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Jan '18 10:54
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    I’ve told you several times openly and frankly what I think about you and why; you asking me to explain it to you again is an example of you being intellectually dishonest. Do you understand that?
    And here it is again. Anyone who disagrees with you is "intellectually dishonest". FMF used this description once and you've adopted it as your own. The way you two back each other up regardless of what daft notion you're promoting is what is "intellectually dishonest".
  5. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    07 Jan '18 00:13
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Accept it.
    I do recognize that you are honest.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Jan '18 00:47
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Anyone who disagrees with you is "intellectually dishonest".
    Disagreeing and being intellectually dishonest are absolutely not synonymous, which is what you seem to be suggesting.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Jan '18 00:51
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    The way you two back each other up regardless of what daft notion you're promoting is what is "intellectually dishonest".
    I'm not sure you understand what "intellectually dishonest" means. If you really think I have deliberately applied standards of rational evaluation - that I am aware of - and I've done so in a deceitful way, then tell me which post it was and I will address your accusation.
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    07 Jan '18 06:17
    I'm not sure you understand what "intellectually dishonest" means. If you really think I have deliberately applied standards of rational evaluation - that I am aware of - and I've done so in a deceitful way, then tell me which post it was and I will address your accusation.
    If your standards of rational evaluation are purely subjective why are you applying them to everyone else as if they are objective?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Jan '18 06:261 edit
    If your standards of rational evaluation are purely subjective why are you applying them to everyone else as if they are objective?
    In the matters we all discuss here, all the standards of evaluation we employ and scrutinize are subjective. As you well know, I don't make any claim that my opinions about spiritual and moral matters are objective. We are not discussing a subject like mathematics. We are discussing our conjecture about the possible existence of supernatural phenomena, the nature of the human condition and things like morality.
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    07 Jan '18 06:31
    In the matters we all discuss here, all the standards of evaluation we employ and scrutinize are subjective. As you well know, I don't make any claim that my opinions about spiritual and moral matters are objective. We are not discussing a subject like mathematics. We are discussing our conjecture about the possible existence of supernatural phenomena, the nature of the human condition and things like morality.
    Would you agree that your claim that someone is being intellectually dishonest is purely subjective?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Jan '18 06:34
    Would you agree that your claim that someone is being intellectually dishonest is purely subjective?
    What else would it be?

You accused me of being intellectually dishonest yesterday; did you really think you were being objective?
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    07 Jan '18 07:561 edit
    What else would it be?

You accused me of being intellectually dishonest yesterday; did you really think you were being objective?
    I think it is it true that someone who refuses to read something because they fear it could change their perspective is being intellectually dishonest.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Jan '18 08:05
    I think it is it true that someone who refuses to read something because they fear it could change their perspective is being intellectually dishonest.
    What "fear"?
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    07 Jan '18 08:08
    What "fear"?
    https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/fear
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Jan '18 08:19
    There is no "fear". Don't get yourself all puffed up. Did you not read any of my posts about your copy paste on the other thread?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree