Attributes of God

Attributes of God

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
19 Jul 22

@kellyjay said
I'm not callingsickness, disease, or even accidents on their face punishments.
You absolutely are.

IP

Moves
19 Jul 22

@kellyjay said
I don't believe I have ever used to words people being punished by God with
illness if I'm not mistaken, and you can, by all means, correct me; if I did, I have
been saying that consequences for our actions have brought about many of
our illnesses and are self-inflicted. I do believe God does punish, but so do
earthly parents to help their children learn, so it isn't som ...[text shortened]... as unworthy of eternity? It will be plain, and we will
be witnesses of this as life is played out.
Well then consider yourself corrected; how can you write things which are so fundamental to your beliefs and then not realize or forget that you have written them? You in any case reiterate your belief at the end of your first paragraph.

I see nothing 'self - inflicted' about a child having a brain tumour, do you? And you find 'nothing offensive' about an innocent child being given a brain tumour?

And yes, I absolutely think that it is 'not right' that someone suffers as a consequence of the actions of others. 'Those that come afterwards' include our kid with a brain tumour, being given the tumour, remember, because their parents did bad things according to your 'only good' god. Not only is it 'not right', it's morally abhorrent. Imagine yourself turning up at your pearly gates, with the angels plucking away on their harps, and being refused entry and sent instead to a life of eternal torment because your next door neighbour was a pedophile, or your Auntie Milly stole from the church fund.

We should and can only be judged for our own actions, and should not and cannot be judged or punished for the actions of others, anything else is ridiculous, and morally repulsive, and this is the god that you worship and give thanks to.

From any decent, moral perspective you've lost the argument, and the imaginary god that you present to us is the very embodiment of evil, but it's good sport watching you try to justify or deny your revolting beliefs. Praise the Lord and pass me the sick - bucket.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Jul 22

@fmf said
You absolutely are.
No, you are taking what I say and putting your spin on it.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Jul 22
1 edit

@indonesia-phil said
Well then consider yourself corrected; how can you write things which are so fundamental to your beliefs and then not realize or forget that you have written them? You in any case reiterate your belief at the end of your first paragraph.

I see nothing 'self - inflicted' about a child having a brain tumour, do you? And you find 'nothing offensive' about an innocent ...[text shortened]... ng you try to justify or deny your revolting beliefs. Praise the Lord and pass me the sick - bucket.
Self inflected is for man not to a specific person. We do things and others are affected this is true from generation to generation.

F

Moves
19 Jul 22

@kellyjay said
You have explained very explicitly how a brain tumour in a baby is a punishment created and administered by your God figure.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 Jul 22

@fmf said
You have explained very explicitly how a brain tumour in a baby is a punishment created and administered by your God figure.
Your words not mine

F

Moves
20 Jul 22

@kellyjay said
Your words not mine
Everything your God figure does is good. Your God figure created brain tumours. You God figure's brain tumours afflict babies because you say people have chosen not to "walk as God directed" them. Got it? It's as if you don't understand what you post. The way you try to distance yourself from what you say, pridefully, instead of either owning it or correcting yourself, makes you seem very low-integrity sometimes.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
20 Jul 22

@kellyjay said
😆 Pot, meet kettle.

Moves
20 Jul 22

@fmf said
Everything your God figure does is good. Your God figure created brain tumours. You God figure's brain tumours afflict babies because you say people have chosen not to "walk as God directed" them. Got it? It's as if you don't understand what you post. The way you try to distance yourself from what you say, pridefully, instead of either owning it or correcting yourself, makes you seem very low-integrity sometimes.
Your such a one trick pony along with all of your alter ego’s. Same stuff everyday just different format don’t you get bored?

F

Moves
20 Jul 22

@mike69 said
Your such a one trick pony along with all of your alter ego’s. Same stuff everyday just different format don’t you get bored?
Something about the grave issues being discussed would be more interesting than your usual feeble drive-by banter.

F

Moves
20 Jul 22
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Your words not mine
When you've got a nothing-to-say poster like mike69 trying to run a play-the-man-not-the-ball defence for you instead of trying to defend what it is you are actually saying, then it doesn't look good.

Moves
20 Jul 22

@fmf said
When you've got a nothing-to-say poster like mike69 trying to run a play-the-man-not-the-ball defence for you instead of trying to defend what it is you are actually saying, then it doesn't look good.
It’s always the same with you, it’s pointless. You ask questions, discredit them in your own eyes only-not the Christian’s, with words from your bitter unbending spirit. Words on deaf ears!

Moves
20 Jul 22

@fmf said
Something about the grave issues being discussed would be more interesting than your usual feeble drive-by banter.
Here’s your grave issue, you don’t care about the point you raise. It’s only a stupid ploy to trip up, confuse and discredit Christian’s/Christianity in your foolish eyes. Your bitterness and hate shines bright!

F

Moves
20 Jul 22

@mike69 said
Your bitterness and hate shines bright!
Oh, the irony.

Moves
20 Jul 22

@fmf said
Oh, the irony.
Actually it was correct. How many foolishly attack something with ignorance daily so important to you? DEAF EARS!