Attributes of God

Attributes of God

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
20 Jul 22

@kellyjay said
I did according to the things I have been saying. A specific hypothetical child is not what I have been addressing, the hypothetical question pre-assumes she has been judged and given a tumor by God so at the heart of that question assumes God has done something unjust.
the hypothetical question pre-assumes she has been judged and given a tumor by God so at the heart of that question assumes God has done something unjust

You said your God figure created the brain tumour in the baby and you also claimed that everything your God figure does is good.

F

Moves
20 Jul 22

@mike69 said
My youngest son Nathan passed in my arms almost nine hours after birth from a brain defect. The whole time all the doctors were worried about was getting rid of him even after our feelings were known. The time he had in the womb and after as a family were a blessing from God. This is time I would have never had and we have no regrets of not aborting or blame in the direction you seek to twist.
This is time I would have never had and we have no regrets of not aborting or blame in the direction you seek to twist.

I am very sorry to hear about the experience you had. I don't understand how you can claim that I am somehow "twisting" a story like yours in order to make a point about abortion. You don't even know what my belief is regarding abortion. You and I have never discussed it.

I am truly sorry that you had such a tragedy in your life. It's a pity you are trying to use it here as a tawdry [and totally off-target] smackdown debating point on a message board.

F

Moves
20 Jul 22

@mike69 said
So since bad things happen in the world God isn’t real or he is twisted?
Whoosh

The conversation here is about KellyJay's moral compass and the morally incoherent things he believes. KellyJay's religious beliefs, in and of themselves, do not amount to evidence that a creator does or doesn't exist.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Jul 22

@fmf said
the hypothetical question pre-assumes she has been judged and given a tumor by God so at the heart of that question assumes God has done something unjust

You said your God figure created the brain tumour in the baby and you also claimed that everything your God figure does is good.
If you are going to criticize my answers you should at least use what I say instead of simply repeating your points ignoring mine.

F

Moves
21 Jul 22

@kellyjay said
If you are going to criticize my answers you should at least use what I say instead of simply repeating your points ignoring mine.
I am referring to exactly what you said. Indonesia Phil has been doing the same. If your pride is such that you cannot own what you have said because you are inarticulate and a lot of what you type is half-baked waffle, then the things you say are going to be taken at face value.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Jul 22

@fmf said
I am referring to exactly what you said. Indonesia Phil has been doing the same. If your pride is such that you cannot own what you have said because you are inarticulate and a lot of what you type is half-baked waffle, then the things you say are going to be taken at face value.
Well, opinions-opinions can’t change those I can only speak to things as I believe they are as you two do.

Moves
21 Jul 22

@fmf said
This is time I would have never had and we have no regrets of not aborting or blame in the direction you seek to twist.

I am very sorry to hear about the experience you had. I don't understand how you can claim that I am somehow "twisting" a story like yours in order to make a point about abortion. You don't even know what my belief is regarding abortion. You and I have ...[text shortened]... ing to use it here as a tawdry [and totally off-target] smackdown debating point on a message board.
Whoosh
I don’t read all of your threads. I may read the second to the last page, mostly the last page. I don’t hold the content in high regard for the reason that I feel most of what you write is from a hurt place in your heart from whatever happened in your Christian walk with God or other people, both. I’m sorry for whatever happened and God loves and holds you dear (always four footprints in the sand). The point I was making was that their was another side to the example you were using, (also hurtful) and the message you were sending out beyond your thread was wrong of God debate or not with KJ. The world is filled with enough of that right now in my opinion and people maybe going through things like this might need to see another side. My response wasn’t only to you if this helps to understand about my reason for posting all, it wasn’t for the reason you wrote. I’m sorry to get in the middle of your debate, and to be more mindful of the things you hold dear like the rules of the thread and the things that keep it going correctly.

F

Moves
21 Jul 22

@mike69 said
Whoosh
I don’t read all of your threads. I may read the second to the last page, mostly the last page. I don’t hold the content in high regard for the reason that I feel most of what you write is from a hurt place in your heart from whatever happened in your Christian walk with God or other people, both. I’m sorry for whatever happened and God loves and holds you dear (al ...[text shortened]... f the things you hold dear like the rules of the thread and the things that keep it going correctly.
Sorry. This is really boring. I'm not the slightest bit interested in this kind of navel-gazing drivel. Chat with someone else.

Moves
21 Jul 22

@fmf said
Sorry. This is really boring. I'm not the slightest bit interested in this kind of navel-gazing drivel. Chat with someone else.
Because your faith was weak for whatever earthly reason and you abandoned God does that mean he abandoned you? God will use this time your away for his glory and your strength in him when he chooses to bring you home in the right settings and time so carry on. May the peace of the Lord Jesus be upon you always my brother and his wisdom light your path.

IP

Moves
21 Jul 22

@kellyjay said
Well work this out if sex was saved for marriage only, would we see STD as the problem we see today and all that follows from infidelity, disease, and everything else?
Yes. A couple that I'm very close to are married, faithful to one another and all of the things that you hold so dear, and their first child has been recently born with a genetic defect which will make its' life difficult and painful for its' entire life, and other symptoms/problems of the particular defect may not yet have manifested themselves. So why did your god do that, then?

IP

Moves
21 Jul 22

@indonesia-phil said
The point is that for me and others, genetic inheritance is nothing but a natural process, during which 'mistakes' (and I don't mean conscious mistakes) occur, which often result in a negative outcome such as a brain tumour, bone deformation, cerebral palsy, and countless other problems which can result in horrible lives for those affected and those around them. Nature ...[text shortened]... osition, and to tell us what moral and ethical justification there is for you to worship such a god.
Anyone....?

IP

Moves
21 Jul 22

@kellyjay said
I did according to the things I have been saying. A specific hypothetical child is not what I have been addressing, the hypothetical question pre-assumes she has been judged and given a tumor by God so at the heart of that question assumes God has done something unjust.
The things you have been saying are completely without substance unless you respond to and address questions being asked and discussed. Our specific hypothetical child with a brain tumour is but an example of the kind of thing that happens in the real world, and such things happen, according to you, (since according to you your god controls all things genetic) because your god wishes them to happen. It is you who is saying that the child has a tumour because the child has been judged by your god, nobody else is saying that.

What we are asking you to do is to explain what you think is 'just' about a completely innocent child being given (in our example) a brain tumour, or any other defect at the point of conception. Unless you can explain that, there is no point in your taking any further part in the discussion.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Jul 22

@indonesia-phil said
Yes. A couple that I'm very close to are married, faithful to one another and all of the things that you hold so dear, and their first child has been recently born with a genetic defect which will make its' life difficult and painful for its' entire life, and other symptoms/problems of the particular defect may not yet have manifested themselves. So why did your god do that, then?
I am sorry that is a horrific thing having a child with health issues. As I told you we are living with the results of what we do the good and bad, from the very good and the very bad.

You realize it is not just biological issues raging through our race, you could have complained about murders, thieves, liars, and a host of other things.

We are a broken race living in a broken world. God is not unaware, indifferent, He has entered into our life to save and redeem turning us to life from death.

F

Moves
21 Jul 22

@mike69 said
Because your faith was weak for whatever earthly reason and you abandoned God does that mean he abandoned you? God will use this time your away for his glory and your strength in him when he chooses to bring you home in the right settings and time so carry on. May the peace of the Lord Jesus be upon you always my brother and his wisdom light your path.
I think you are an angry man with nothing to add to the conversation now hiding behind sanctimonious religious platitudes.

F

Moves
21 Jul 22
1 edit

@kellyjay said
I am sorry that is a horrific thing having a child with health issues. As I told you we are living with the results of what we do the good and bad, from the very good and the very bad.

You realize it is not just biological issues raging through our race, you could have complained about murders, thieves, liars, and a host of other things.

We are a broken race living in ...[text shortened]... unaware, indifferent, He has entered into our life to save and redeem turning us to life from death.
Your moral compass seems completely broken.