Attributes of God

Attributes of God

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
10 Jul 22

Lol, dear me.

IP

Moves
10 Jul 22

@divegeester said
Lol, dear me.
About all one can do is laugh, I'm not even going to grace that with a response.

I trust and hope that you and yours are well. Mister Divegeester.

Moves
10 Jul 22

@kellyjay said
We can kill to save life, or to steal and destroy due to hate. God gives life and takes it away unlike us He sees the beginning and the end. As He works things together as He sees fit, taking even the evil things done in this life for evil intent and turns them into good for His purposes.

If this life was it, it would be easier to grasp what is really important as we coul ...[text shortened]... he importance of all things and what was and was not important here because of our blinders we have.
Even if there is an afterlife, a God who would put us through or allow us to go through such a variety of horrors before death seems like a cruel funhouse god, no matter how good the intentions.

Moves
10 Jul 22

As mentioned previously, maybe God needs our forgiveness, too.

God: "I'm just out here trying, man." 😥

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Jul 22

@kevin-eleven said
Even if there is an afterlife, a God who would put us through or allow us to go through such a variety of horrors before death seems like a cruel funhouse god, no matter how good the intentions.
Right before our eyes, we see what living a life of love is like, or selfishness, and
we do most of the evil we see to ourselves and others around us. The thing about
God is He entered into our lives by becoming one of us and taking all of the things
that separate us onto Himself, our guilt for the evil we have done so that we could
be saved and goes through life with us when we turn to Him, so we are never
alone. We are told in this life we will have tribulation, but we are promised He
would never leave us or forsake us here.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
11 Jul 22
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Right before our eyes, we see what living a life of love is like, or selfishness, and
we do most of the evil we see to ourselves and others around us. The thing about
God is He entered into our lives by becoming one of us and taking all of the things
that separate us onto Himself, our guilt for the evil we have done so that we could
be saved and goes through life with us ...[text shortened]... this life we will have tribulation, but we are promised He
would never leave us or forsake us here.
He sounds absolutely lovely.

Tell me, when a person meets this lovely version of Jesus in the afterlife and “bows their knee and acknowledges that Jesus is Lord” … as scripture says everyone will do … will Jesus reciprocate or will he pick them up off of the floor, endow them with supernatural eternal life and throw them into his specially constructed lake of lava?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Jul 22

@divegeester said
He sounds absolutely lovely.

Tell me, when a person meets this lovely version of Jesus in the afterlife and “bows their knee and acknowledges that Jesus is Lord” … as scripture says everyone will do … will Jesus reciprocate or will he pick them up off of the floor, endow them with supernatural eternal life and throw them into his specially constructed lake of lava?
What does the scripture say?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
11 Jul 22

@kellyjay said
What does the scripture say?
Don’t run away, I’m asking you!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Jul 22

@divegeester said
Don’t run away, I’m asking you!
If someone first meets Jesus in the after life on the day of judgment, Jesus will say, “Depart from me I never knew you.” You have some Biblical refutation with that?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
11 Jul 22

@kellyjay said
If someone first meets Jesus in the after life on the day of judgment, Jesus will say, “Depart from me I never knew you.” You have some Biblical refutation with that?
Sure.

Psalm 139:15-16
My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.

Romans 8:29
For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers

Let me know if you need any more.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
11 Jul 22

Kellyjay, before you launch into another block of text about what you believe please consider the implications of predestination in these (and other similar verses) and avoid diving into a speech about abortion as I am not pro-abortion.

Consider instead the link between predestination, jesus knowing the unborn, preformed from before time, and juxtaposition that with your belief that this same Jesus will burn them all alive for eternity.

F

Moves
11 Jul 22
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Why would someone who "first meets Jesus in the afterlife on the day of judgment"... why would Jesus torture them in burning flames for eternity?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Jul 22

@divegeester said
Sure.

Psalm 139:15-16
My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.

Romans 8:29
For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to ...[text shortened]... on, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers

Let me know if you need any more.
I am familiar with these verses, you are applying them to mean there is no personal responsibility on our part before God, because He is knows the beginning from the end?

Do you mean God knowing us means that we automatically know God? So first contact with God is done before we are made, all the good and bad things we have done are meaningless with no accountability on anyone’s part but God?

I am not clear as to what you mean.

IP

Moves
11 Jul 22

@kellyjay said
I am familiar with these verses, you are applying them to mean there is no personal responsibility on our part before God, because He is knows the beginning from the end?

Do you mean God knowing us means that we automatically know God? So first contact with God is done before we are made, all the good and bad things we have done are meaningless with no accountability on anyone’s part but God?

I am not clear as to what you mean.
'I am not clear as to what you mean' Welcome to the other side....As I've gleaned so far from our discussions, your god is only and always good, except when he's bad, he's in control of everything, all of the time, for eternity, but not really because since humanity has been in control (when did that happen?) we're making a right old mess of it, and sure, he makes people suffer horribly during life, but it's okay because these people aren't important to him. Oh yes, and once people are dead they don't have your god anyway, '...the god of the living, not the dead.' So much for a life of eternal bliss, then, and we also learn from you that a talking snake is the same as an airplane.

Seems to me like reading the bible just gets you confused, and unable to put together any kind of coherent, intellectually or morally sustainable position.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Jul 22

@indonesia-phil said
'I am not clear as to what you mean' Welcome to the other side....As I've gleaned so far from our discussions, your god is only and always good, except when he's bad, he's in control of everything, all of the time, for eternity, but not really because since humanity has been in control (when did that happen?) we're making a right old mess of it, and sure, he makes peop ...[text shortened]... ed, and unable to put together any kind of coherent, intellectually or morally sustainable position.
God is always good there are no exceptions to that. We where given the ability to walk as He directed us, and we choose not to and we are dealing with the results.