Attributes of God

Attributes of God

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
22 Jul 22
1 edit

@kellyjay said
When you describe God how do you do it, and why do you believe what you say!?
Yes, I have posted a list of possible attributes of God.
However, here's another approach to this question:

These three assumptions should be questioned before we proceed:

1) The assumption that each person who might read the OP ever describes God.
2) The assumption that each describer of God believes what they say.
3) The assumption that God has attributes.

Moves
22 Jul 22

@fmf said
I think you are an angry man with nothing to add to the conversation now hiding behind sanctimonious religious platitudes.
I don’t hide and I’m not angry at all?

F

Moves
22 Jul 22
1 edit

@mike69 said
I don’t hide and I’m not angry at all?
You aren't engaging in the debate about morality and a possible creator entity at all. Instead, you are erecting a shield of pompous piety comprising personalised religionist duckspeak and feeble Dr Phil-esque twaddle.

Page 21 of a thread with specific interesting topics that are being contested by people who disagree with each other, and you aren't addressing anything relevant; no, you are just playing the man instead of the ball.

Your first few posts on this particular swing-by were clearly angry and now you've changed tack and you are coughing up "Jesus loves you" furballs.

You swing by this forum about once every 6 months and do exactly the same thing.

You may not agree, but I hope you appreciate my candour.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Jul 22

@fmf said
Your moral compass seems completely broken.
Your opinion

Moves
22 Jul 22

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Jul 22

@kevin-eleven said
Yes, I have posted a list of possible attributes of God.
However, here's another approach to this question:

These three assumptions should be questioned before we proceed:

1) The assumption that each person who might read the OP ever describes God.
2) The assumption that each describer of God believes what they say.
3) The assumption that God has attributes.
I have no problem saying everyone believes what they say or enough to make a
claim anyway. It isn't that we say things that we claim to believe; are they consistent,
and do they make sense with everything we see? I think God and evil is a tough
question, but without God, there isn't any evil, so that puts everything in a different
light.

F

Moves
22 Jul 22

@kellyjay said
Your opinion
My opinion based on how you describe what you believe is good.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Jul 22

@fmf said
My opinion based on how you describe what you believe is good.
I know, It is not like you talk to me about much else.

F

Moves
22 Jul 22

@kellyjay said
I think God and evil is a tough
question, but without God, there isn't any evil, so that puts everything in a different
light.
Who has claimed that "without God, there isn't any evil"? I have never seen anyone make that claim on this forum nor seen you tackling anyone for claiming it. Name names, otherwise, this is just a gimmick that is somewhere between a disingenuous strawman and a deliberate 'poisoning the well' logical fallacy.

F

Moves
22 Jul 22
1 edit

@kellyjay said
I know, It is not like you talk to me about much else.
Morality [and moral compasses] is one of the main things discussed on this forum and all we can do is share our personal opinions.

Moves
22 Jul 22

@kellyjay said
I think God and evil is a tough
light.
If God created evil along with everything else, then why should God be trusted?

Moves
22 Jul 22

@fmf said
You aren't engaging in the debate about morality and a possible creator entity at all. Instead, you are erecting a shield of pompous piety comprising personalised religionist duckspeak and feeble Dr Phil-esque twaddle.

Page 21 of a thread with specific interesting topics that are being contested by people who disagree with each other, and you aren't addressing anything releva ...[text shortened]... 6 months and do exactly the same thing.

You may not agree, but I hope you appreciate my candour.
It’s the same in all your threads people answer you and you put them down over and over. You care nothing about the content or answers or you would make more of an effort at actual conversations. Also you sure don’t like to answer questions do you, and that attack ???

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Jul 22

@kevin-eleven said
If God created evil along with everything else, then why should God be trusted?
The thing about truth is it has very exclusive properties, it is or not. As soon as God
draws a line or a way to walk, anything else misses the mark. God is good and has
made us in His image; that is quite the statement if you think about it, we have
attributes of God, but we can either love or hate. His nature is love, and he always
acts out of that; he is also good, righteous, and holy and always acts out of them
without exception, without every diminishing one trait to satisfy another everything
He does is always keeping His nature intact. He is good, He keeps His promises,
and if you read the prayers of Jesus, the Father loves us as much as He does His
Son. He can do no less, but in keeping with love and righteousness, we are free to
act as we will and not according to His nature; we act according to ours, which is
a fallen one. His ever-lasting love for us made a way to Him through Christ that
satisfies all of the payment of the sins we owed. He can be trusted; we are the problem.

F

Moves
22 Jul 22

@mike69 said
It’s the same in all your threads people answer you and you put them down over and over. You care nothing about the content or answers or you would make more of an effort at actual conversations.
I am not interested in how unimpressed you are.

F

Moves
22 Jul 22

@mike69 said
Also you sure don’t like to answer questions do you, and that attack ???
Nonsense.