Attributes of God

Attributes of God

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
23 Jul 22

@kellyjay said
Neither can you fixate on something temporary and glean from
the importance of things eternal; there is no baseline.
You touting the permanence and baseline-ness of your moral compass is all well and good, but some of the things you believe are nevertheless incoherent.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
23 Jul 22

@kellyjay said
You are floating the notion that you can make judgment calls that take the simple
reading of scripture as it is and altering it so that you can make it fit with what you
think it should say, not what it does say.
I’m not “altering” anything KellyJay.

You have your opinion of how to interpret scripture, and I have mine.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
23 Jul 22

@kellyjay said
You are saying that God must accept the
evil in man as is and without repentance then reconcile them into Him past, present,
and future, and you do this not because of what is written, but because you think
that needs to be done to suit you.
No, that’s you putting words into my mouth.

Remember how much you complaint about people doing that to you?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
23 Jul 22

@kellyjay said
So what you are doing is not offering what the
scriptures say, but what you think, nothing more than that.
No, I am providing my opinion on the interpretation of scripture.

Exactly as you do.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Jul 22

@fmf said
You touting the permanence and baseline-ness of your moral compass is all well and good, but some of the things you believe are nevertheless incoherent.
You prove my point; for us to be coherent with one another, there must be some
agreement, all communication is going to be off if we don't see things the same
way when we communicate. If we were talking about giving directions and our
compass, all pointed in different directions, then none of us could talk to another
with clear precision saying, go west, east, north, or south when all our personal
north all pointed in different directions. In addition to that, there would not be a
true anything if the only directions could come from the eyes of all of the
beholders, they all are pointing in different directions; the only way that could be
said, anyone was wrong as if there is true north, there has to be a right answer
before anyone could say that another is wrong, as you constantly do to others,
acknowledging others are wrong is acknowledging there is the right way, even if
you don't know what it is.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
23 Jul 22

@kellyjay said
agreement, all communication is going to be off if we don't see things the same
way when we communicate. If we were talking about giving directions and our
compass, all pointed in different directions, then none of us could talk to another
with clear precision saying, go west, east, north, or ...[text shortened]... edging others are wrong is acknowledging there is the right way, even if
you don't know what it is.
What nonsense is this you are writing?

F

Moves
23 Jul 22

@kellyjay said
agreement
No, not really. We each have our moral compass. As free moral agents with free will, we use them to evaluate things and to govern our actions. You and I don't have to agree on things.

F

Moves
23 Jul 22

@kellyjay said
If we were talking about giving directions and our
with clear precision saying, go west, east, north, or south when all our personal
north all pointed in different directions. In addition to that, there would not be a
true anything if the only directions could come from the eyes of all of ...[text shortened]... there is true north, there has to be a right answer
before anyone could say that another is wrong,
Wait a minute. Let me guess. Your moral compass indicates an "objective" "true north"?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Jul 22

@fmf said
No, not really. We each have our moral compass. As free moral agents with free will, we use them to evaluate things and to govern our actions. You and I don't have to agree on things.
Us agreeing!? Realities truth, the Meta-Narrative discussed elsewhere; is the only
truth of consequence; we either agree with what that is, or we run afoul of it,
which would mean our agreeing with one another isn't worth discussing. We can
both be wrong about what we are talking about. We can acknowledge the truth
found in reality on each topic or come up with our own, which is confined to just
us, opinions, and nothing more. If our reality views are based on personal
preferences, we alone are the standard of judgment; we have taken on the role of
defining good and evil according to us. If our personal views of good calls real
evil good that is on us, if our personal views call real good evil, that too will be on
us.

F

Moves
23 Jul 22

@kellyjay said
Us agreeing!? Realities truth, the Meta-Narrative discussed elsewhere; is the only
truth of consequence; we either agree with what that is, or we run afoul of it,
which would mean our agreeing with one another isn't worth discussing.
I don't care what the outcomes of your speculations about supernatural things are, and I don't care how many times you refer to your superstitious beliefs as "the truth"; you can use your moral compass to evaluate what I believe and make your way in the world, and I will do the same with mine.

F

Moves
23 Jul 22

@kellyjay said
We can acknowledge the truth
found in reality on each topic or come up with our own, which is confined to just
us, opinions, and nothing more.
Are you asking me to "acknowledge" "the truth" of your purported immortality and "acknowledge" "the truth" about how I will be tortured for eternity by your God figure after I die? You are asking me to "acknowledge" "the truth" of these kinds of personal opinions you just so happen to have?

F

Moves
23 Jul 22

@kellyjay said
If our reality views are based on personal
preferences, we alone are the standard of judgment; we have taken on the role of
defining good and evil according to us.
I "acknowledge" that your personal preference is for one of the three versions of the Abrahamic God. You define good and evil according to your moral compass, and I will define good and evil according to mine. If ever our divergent beliefs cause you harm, you can ask law enforcement and the courts to intervene.

F

Moves
23 Jul 22

KellyJay, you are channelling Dasa.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Jul 22

@fmf said
KellyJay, you are channelling Dasa.
No, I'm simply saying we have opinions, if they do not reflect reality as it is, it does
not matter if the whole of the world agrees if we are wrong we are wrong, or if
only one is getting it right, all the rest are wrong.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
23 Jul 22

@kellyjay said
No, I'm simply saying we have opinions, if they do not reflect reality as it is, it does
not matter if the whole of the world agrees if we are wrong we are wrong, or if
only one is getting it right, all the rest are wrong.
It’s quite a conundrum, isn’t it.