Attributes of God

Attributes of God

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
03 Jul 22
1 edit

@kellyjay said
No He did not the covenant changed not God.
The religion changed. So the God figure being worshipped changed. Christianity and Judaism are different religions.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Jul 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
a Christian who cherry-picks weakens the foundations of their own faith, dependent as it is on scripture.
I don’t feel my faith is weakened at all.

I’m not sure where you are getting all this opinion from; your own upbringing perhaps?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
03 Jul 22

@divegeester said
Maybe your saying “you” are defeated was just a Freudian slip then.
Either way you are defeated. (Whether you are Christian X or Christian Z). It was a generic statement.

Leave Freud out of this.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Jul 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Again, how have you come to compile that list? What is it based on? Just the nice bits of the Bible?!
It’s based on my personal opinion of and relationship with God, the “nice bits” of the bible, the “nice bits” of other books, my personal moral compass and spiritual perception.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Jul 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
These are your attributes of God:

Sovereign, responsible and accountable. Merciful, righteous and morally unimpeachable. Kind, gentle and understanding. Victorious, triumphant and inclusive.

These are mine:

Angry, Harsh, Vengeful, Needy, Petty, Genocidal, Cruel, Disproportionate, Jealous.

All of the above, your list and my list, are derived solely from scr ...[text shortened]... merciful, for example, when he ordered His believers to commit genocide and kill women and children?
You seem particularly piqued over all this ghost of a duke.

Why is your thinking on this so dogmatic and rigid ~ were you brought up in a strict Christian family environment?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Jul 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Either way you are defeated. (Whether you are Christian X or Christian Z). It was a generic statement.

Leave Freud out of this.
Why leave Freud out it.

Let’s discuss your need to “defeat” me; it’s as interesting as your own dogmatism on this topic.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
03 Jul 22

@divegeester said
I don’t feel my faith is weakened at all.

I’m not sure where you are getting all this opinion from; your own upbringing perhaps?
Once you accept the Bible contains erroneous data you undermine/weaken its relevance, as how can anything in scripture, therefore, be trusted?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
03 Jul 22

@kellyjay said
No He did not the covenant changed not God. We have gone through many changes with God, He has been consistently good and we have consistently come up short, without a law, with the Law, now grace where God received us.
Consistently good?! In 2 Samuel 24, King David decided to take a census. The prophet Gad was sent to David to announce God’s displeasure with the taking of the census. The punishment for David’s sin: “The Lord sent a pestilence on Israel from that morning until the appointed time; and seventy thousand of the people died”

So, in short, David makes a decision that does not please God, and God kills 70,000 Israelites. How could this action ever be reconciled with a God of mercy, compassion, justice, and love?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
03 Jul 22

@divegeester said
Why leave Freud out it.

Let’s discuss your need to “defeat” me; it’s as interesting as your own dogmatism on this topic.
Or we could discuss your inability to decipher a joke or understand something when it is explained to you.

On this occasion, 'you' means 'you.'

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
03 Jul 22

@divegeester said
You seem particularly piqued over all this ghost of a duke.

Why is your thinking on this so dogmatic and rigid ~ were you brought up in a strict Christian family environment?
You're like the RHP equivalent of Louis Armstrong's 'What a Wonderful World,' singing about all the lovely green trees and colours of the rainbow and ignoring all the really nasty stuff.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
03 Jul 22

@divegeester said
Sovereign, responsible and accountable.
Merciful, righteous and morally unimpeachable.
Kind, gentle and understanding.
Victorious, triumphant and inclusive.
This post of yours would only make sense if the question were, 'What attributes would you 'like' a God to have?

You have nothing tangible to evidence a God actually exists who has these attributes, and even scripture is inconsistent on the matter.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
03 Jul 22

@divegeester said
Why leave Freud out it.

This viewpoint of yours is clearly borne out of your own narcissistic personality disorder and nowhere else.

F

Moves
03 Jul 22

@suzianne said
This viewpoint of yours is clearly borne out of your own narcissistic personality disorder and nowhere else.
"Narcissistic personality disorder"?

Is that a mental health problem?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Jul 22

@fmf said
The Jesus cult-of-personality offshoot piggybacked ancient Hebrew mythology, and it was an awkward and contrived - albeit successful - thing that they carried off.
Ask about God you talk about man.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Jul 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Once you accept the Bible contains erroneous data you undermine/weaken its relevance, as how can anything in scripture, therefore, be trusted?
Do you believe or accept everything in every book you like?

You’re verging on allowing your axe-grinding to trigger your silliness.