1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Jul '22 13:391 edit
    @josephw said
    Accountable? To who?
    To his own judgment and moral code.

What would you like to contribute to the question in the OP?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Jul '22 14:22
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    The best post in the thread?
    The best post in the thread imo so far was me alerting you to the fact that you were approaching your trigger point where you will start to make yourself look silly. You should perhaps reread it and reflect.
  3. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    05 Jul '22 00:43
    @kellyjay said
    When you describe God how do you do it, and why do you believe what you say!?
    Doesn't the Bible of the Christians of Earth say that God is indescribable and incomprehensible?

Careful with that false idol in your mind!
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Jul '22 09:001 edit
    @kevin-eleven said
    Doesn't the Bible of the Christians of Earth say that God is indescribable and incomprehensible?

Careful with that false idol in your mind!
    He became a man so we could understand Him in terms we could relate to, and
    when you see many of the names of God they are descriptions of something that
    someone realized about God. Here are some examples pulled from the web:

So, here are some of the names for God in the Bible.

Jehovah Elohim – The eternal creator ( Genesis 2:4-5)
    Jehovah Adonai – The Lord our sovereign; Master Jehovah ( Genesis 15:2, 8)
    Jehovah Jireh – The Lord will see or provide ( Genesis 22:8-14)
    Jehovah Nissi – The Lord our banner ( Exodus 17:15)
    Jehovah Rapha – The Lord our healer ( Exodus 15:26)
    Almighty – ( Genesis 17:1)
    God – ( Genesis 1:1)
    JAH – ( Psalms 68:4)
    Door – ( John 10:7)
    Hope – ( Titus 2:13)
    Life – ( John 14:6)
    Lord – ( John 13:13)
    Love – ( 1 John 4:8)
    Master – ( Luke 5:5)
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jul '22 09:09
    @kellyjay said
    I agree that He can get angry. He is also vengeful and Jealous. The rest I would
    lump into our perspectives, not the nature of God. Disproportionate assumes you
    know the full extent of what He does and why He does it. Unlike us, He grasps
    the eternal consequence of everything He judges as evil and, being righteous, sees
    the just recompense for said evil. That said, petty ...[text shortened]... e happy to have us in His kingdom; we are the delusional arrogant ones if
    any of us think that way.
    @kellyjay said
    I agree that He can get angry. He is also vengeful and Jealous. The rest I would lump into our perspectives, not the nature of God. Disproportionate assumes you know the full extent of what He does and why He does it. Unlike us, He grasps the eternal consequence of everything He judges as evil and, being righteous, sees the just recompense for said evil. That said, petty, cruel, and needy are not things I would apply to someone good, righteous, and who sees the beginning from the end, unlike us who cannot even grasp what is going on right in front of us many times. Being eternal and unchanging every moment for us in time, He has an infinite
    amount of time to dwell on all consequences; also, unlike us, He isn't limited to just this lifetime but also what is to come, so those things He finds important may be meaningless to us, and many things we find and believe are important are nothing to Him. Being the eternal, self-existent One, there is nothing needy about Him; we are the ones dependent upon Him for everything! I doubt very much how thankful
    we should be to Him in all the things He does for us, and if we think He would or should be happy to have us in His kingdom; we are the delusional arrogant ones if any of us think that way.

Is all this stuff about the attributes of the Christian version of the Abrahamic God figure also true for the Jewish and Islamic versions too?
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Jul '22 10:07
    @fmf said
    @kellyjay said
    [b]I agree that He can get angry. He is also vengeful and Jealous. The rest I would lump into our perspectives, not the nature of God. Disproportionate assumes you know the full extent of what He does and why He does it. Unlike us, He grasps the eternal consequence of everything He judges as evil and, being righteous, sees the just recompense for said evil. ...[text shortened]... the Christian version of the Abrahamic God figure also true for the Jewish and Islamic versions too?
    Jewish OT is part of the scripture with the NT so same God, Christ is the difference.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Jul '22 10:24
    @kellyjay said
    Jewish OT is part of the scripture with the NT so same God, Christ is the difference.
    But don’t you believe that Christ in the “son” and that the son is eternal and always with God and co-equal etc?

Didn’t you say in the other thread “Jesus Christ is the SAME yesterday today and forever”?

Than how can Christ be “the difference”…what difference are you referring to?

Sounds like you’ve found a contradiction in your own thinking there Kellyjay.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Jul '22 10:32
    @divegeester said
    But don’t you believe that Christ in the “son” and that the son is eternal and always with God and co-equal etc?

Didn’t you say in the other thread “Jesus Christ is the SAME yesterday today and forever”?

Than how can Christ be “the difference”…what difference are you referring to?

Sounds like you’ve found a contradiction in your own thinking there Kellyjay.
    Jesus became a man the Word of God into humanity. What do those other beliefs say about Jesus? One he died and stayed dead, one he only appeared to die but didn’t. Are there similarities yes, but the differences are irreconcilable.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Jul '22 12:08
    @kellyjay said
    Jesus became a man the Word of God into humanity. What do those other beliefs say about Jesus? One he died and stayed dead, one he only appeared to die but didn’t. Are there similarities yes, but the differences are irreconcilable.
    How can your version of God be the same yesterday today and forever in the OT p, and yet be “different” because of Jesus Christ in the NT?
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Jul '22 15:01
    @divegeester said
    How can your version of God be the same yesterday today and forever in the OT p, and yet be “different” because of Jesus Christ in the NT?
    You should not worry about my God, but God. When we are standing in front of Him, KellyJay said will not be an excuse for anything.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Jul '22 15:29
    @divegeester said
    I am telling you Jesus is the Word of God, always was. He became a man His personhood in humanity, who He was, did not start at that moment, only His being a man.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Jul '22 20:56
    @kellyjay said
    I am telling you Jesus is the Word of God, always was. He became a man His personhood in humanity, who He was, did not start at that moment, only His being a man.
    Ok, yet another dodge.

Disappointing but not really surprising given your propensity for prideful politician style of responding.
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    05 Jul '22 23:24
    @divegeester said
    To his own judgment and moral code.
    Can you at least provide one verse to support that assertion?

I can't find a single verse that says or even infers that God is accountable to anyone or anything.

Once again you blurt out some idea you dreamed up in your head.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Jul '22 00:23
    @kellyjay said
    And what about the Islamic version of the Abrahamic God which shares much of the OT and which has Jesus as a key figure? Do your supposed "attributes" apply to that God figure in the same way as they apply to yours?
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Jul '22 01:14
    @fmf said
    And what about the Islamic version of the Abrahamic God which shares much of the OT and which has Jesus as a key figure? Do your supposed "attributes" apply to that God figure in the same way as they apply to yours?
    If you want to be a Islamic apologist you can answer any questions about it you like. Jesus rose from the dead, Jesus is the Son of God if you want to bring your Anti-Christ view into the discussion you can say what you will.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree