1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Jul '22 05:55
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Or we could discuss your inability to decipher a joke or understand something when it is explained to you.
    If this is part of your need to “defeat” me then so be it.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Jul '22 05:56
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    You're like the RHP equivalent of Louis Armstrong's 'What a Wonderful World,' singing about all the lovely green trees and colours of the rainbow and ignoring all the really nasty stuff.
    Thank you!
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Jul '22 05:57
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    This post of yours would only make sense if the question were, 'What attributes would you 'like' a God to have?

You have nothing tangible to evidence a God actually exists who has these attributes, and even scripture is inconsistent on the matter.
    They are the attributes of my God, if they make no sense to you then maybe meditate on them for a while. Not sure what to suggest.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Jul '22 05:591 edit
    @suzianne said
    This viewpoint of yours is clearly borne out of your own narcissistic personality disorder and nowhere else.
    What “viewpoint”? Ghost of a Duke wants to “defeat” me, I’m curious about this.

Do you have anything to say on the “attributes of God” or are you just here to smear your faeces on the walls again?
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 Jul '22 06:38
    @divegeester said
    What would you agree to being “evidence”?
    When you describe God as merciful, what is that based on? What has led you to that conclusion?

The Bible shows Him to be merciful at times and at other times a million miles from merciful.
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 Jul '22 06:41
    @divegeester said
    If this is part of your need to “defeat” me then so be it.
    Have you simply forgotten my explanation for this?

You were defeated (like any other Christian) if you were Christian X or Christian Z in the scenario I provided. It was a no win situation.

Your fixation on being personally defeated hints perhaps on some insecurity in your beliefs.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 Jul '22 06:44
    @divegeester said
    They are the attributes of my God, if they make no sense to you then maybe meditate on them for a while. Not sure what to suggest.
    You have fashioned your own God. I get that. All warm and cuddly.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jul '22 09:12
    @fmf said
    You seem to have missed the point completely.
    Man did not create God, fashioning Him after our image. We have made up gods,
    and we do our harm, fail to grasp who God is, and by doing that, we can miss Him
    completely. We make up many things and hold conflicting views about many
    things, while God is not a God of confusion and doesn't change.

We don't see things the way He does, and our limitations when we make things
    up, we build into what it is we create our own flaws. The gods that sprang up in
    the universe, according to our stories, had beginnings; they had fathers, starts,
    and stops; the universe contains the whole story within the universe; it all begins
    and ends in ever-changing while God is not part like that. He created everything,
    and everything is here because of Him, not the other way around.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '22 09:25
    @kellyjay said
    Man did not create God, fashioning Him after our image. We have made up gods,
    and we do our harm, fail to grasp who God is, and by doing that, we can miss Him
    completely. We make up many things and hold conflicting views about many
    things, while God is not a God of confusion and doesn't change.

We don't see things the way He does, and our limitations when we make thing ...[text shortened]... like that. He created everything,
    and everything is here because of Him, not the other way around.
    You seem to have missed the point completely, as well.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jul '22 11:18
    @fmf said
    You seem to have missed the point completely, as well.
    Yawn.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '22 11:24
    @kellyjay said
    Yawn.
    Well exactly. It appears, once again, that you have started a thread which is not an in-good-faith attempt to start a conversation.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Jul '22 12:001 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    When you describe God as merciful, what is that based on? What has led you to that conclusion?
    “ Have you simply forgotten my explanation for this?”

It’s based on my personal opinion of and relationship with God, the “nice bits” of the bible, the “nice bits” of other books, my personal moral compass and spiritual perception.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Jul '22 12:01
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    You have fashioned your own God. I get that. All warm and cuddly.
    Why are your your feathers ruffled by what I perceive god to be?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Jul '22 12:03
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Have you simply forgotten my explanation for this?

You were defeated (like any other Christian) if you were Christian X or Christian Z in the scenario I provided. It was a no win situation.

Your fixation on being personally defeated hints perhaps on some insecurity in your beliefs.
    I think the insecurity here is your need to see that I am personally defeated. As I said earlier “Freudian” possibly. It’s interesting.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    04 Jul '22 12:17
    @divegeester said
    Sovereign, responsible and accountable.
    Merciful, righteous and morally unimpeachable.
    Kind, gentle and understanding.
    Victorious, triumphant and inclusive.

Just a few adjectives and attributes to kick off with my immediate thoughts.

Edit; good thread idea btw 👍🏻
    Accountable? To who?

You left out the second half of the question posed in the OP.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree