1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Jul '22 11:39
    @fmf said
    There is but one God; there are different religions, but one God

So, you accept that the "attributes" of the Jewish God, the Islamic God, and the Christian God ~ all together the Abrahamic God, to whom you refer as "one God" ~ are all the same seeing as they derive those "attributes" from the same ancient texts, right?
    There is one God, the OT and NT reveals Him in the text.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Jul '22 11:57
    @kellyjay said
    I am not going to try and explain my answers to you playing 20 responses to a question you simply repeat no matter what is said. If there is something wrong or not addressed specifically be specific and identify it, otherwise that is all you are going to get.
    I’m asking you a simple question about your claim that “Jesus is the difference” between Old and New Testaments when you are simultaneously quoting scripture stating that Jesus Christ is the same forever AND that he is part of this trinity you believe in.

How can Jesus be the SAME in the OT and also the DIFFERENCE in the NT?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Jul '22 12:17
    @kellyjay said
    There is one God, the OT and NT reveals Him in the text.
    So, the only God figure you want this thread to be about is your particular one? Why didn't you say?
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Jul '22 16:08
    @divegeester said
    I’m asking you a simple question about your claim that “Jesus is the difference” between Old and New Testaments when you are simultaneously quoting scripture stating that Jesus Christ is the same forever AND that he is part of this trinity you believe in.

Same God
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Jul '22 18:16
    @kellyjay said
    Same God
    Why are you dodging; to proud to admit you were mistaken?
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Jul '22 18:21
    @divegeester said
    Why are you dodging; to proud to admit you were mistaken?
    Wrong about what that three of the major religions disagree about Jesus Christ?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Jul '22 18:26
    @kellyjay said
    Wrong about what that three of the major religions disagree about Jesus Christ?
    Why are being dishonest in pretending you don’t know what I’m referring to?
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Jul '22 20:35
    @divegeester said
    Why are being dishonest in pretending you don’t know what I’m referring to?
    I had to ask, you do not speak with specifics always, and you didn’t acknowledge if what I said was correct either. So I still don’t know!
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Jul '22 20:54
    @kellyjay said
    I had to ask, you do not speak with specifics always, and you didn’t acknowledge if what I said was correct either. So I still don’t know!
    Ok here it is again, if you insist.

10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Jul '22 22:09
    @divegeester said
    Ok here it is again, if you insist.

I was speaking to the three major belief systems in the world the OT is shared by
    Christian and Jewish beliefs, the NT is additional to the OT, but that isn't recognized
    those who only hold to OT. The OT points to Jesus, and the NT confirms Him, He
    is central in both, so Jesus is the difference if one recognizes how the OT points to
    Him or not, He is there, the difference while remaining the same.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Jul '22 01:38
    @kellyjay said
    I was speaking to the three major belief systems in the world the OT is shared by
    Christian and Jewish beliefs, the NT is additional to the OT, but that isn't recognized
    those who only hold to OT. The OT points to Jesus, and the NT confirms Him, He
    is central in both, so Jesus is the difference if one recognizes how the OT points to
    Him or not, He is there, the difference while remaining the same.
    The Islamic prophets: Adam, Idris Enoch, Noah, Methusaleh, Lot, Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Jethro, Job, Ezekiel, Moses, Aaron, David, Solomon, Elias, Elisha, Jonah, Zachariah, John the Baptist, Jesus and Muhammad.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Jul '22 02:03
    @fmf said
    The Islamic prophets: Adam, Idris Enoch, Noah, Methusaleh, Lot, Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Jethro, Job, Ezekiel, Moses, Aaron, David, Solomon, Elias, Elisha, Jonah, Zachariah, John the Baptist, Jesus and Muhammad.
    There are a lot of different beliefs surrounding Jesus. And what does the list of
    names you provided say, what about Jesus in the context of Islam? Is He the
    Word of God made flesh, is He the Son of God, did He die and rise from the dead?
    Does the grace of God save us because of Jesus Christ, was He just a prophet, just
    a man?

Those who deny His deity and all that He did for us on our behalf have all kinds
    of things they say about Him, just as long as He isn't the King of Kings, Lord of
    Lords, the Word of God, made flesh.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Jul '22 02:16
    @kellyjay said
    There are a lot of different beliefs surrounding Jesus. And what does the list of
    names you provided say, what about Jesus in the context of Islam?
    It "says", in the context of Islam, that Jesus was sent by the Abrahamic God. That's quite a contrast from Judaism.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Jul '22 02:19
    @kellyjay said
    Is He the
    Word of God made flesh, is He the Son of God, did He die and rise from the dead?
    No one is disputing that Christianity is different from Islam and that Judaism is different too. The issue is whether the "attributes" of the Abrahamic God figure are more or less the same in all three traditions given that they share so much ancient literature.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Jul '22 02:23
    @KellyJay
    I'd say through the scriptures; the Bible teaches us that God is Holy, which is to say He is apart from all else, unique in every respect, the creator of all things, not one created. God doesn't change; there is no shadow of turning in Him; He is steadfast, He is Sovereign, He always does His will without fail, and everything He does as He does it always done in righteousness, goodness, love, and justice without sacrificing
    one attribute to fulfill another; these attributes are not just how God does things they are God, not as different pieces of Him; it is Him, so He will always be true to them, He can do no less, for it is who He is. Concerning the Old and New Testaments, man sinning in God's creation did create an issue. As the Eternal Almighty God from everlasting to everlasting who created all things and holds all things together by the power of His Word; all things are done in Him that are good and lovely are pleasing to Him, while all of the evil done in Him are crimes against Him. Therefore, He judges and can not overlook sin according to His righteousness. He must condemn each one as an
    act of evil against Him, the eternal God.

All this more or less applies, in terms of the "attributes of God", to the Abrahamic God regardless of which of the three traditions you look at.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree