1. S. Korea
    Moves
    20 Feb '18 06:08
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Well thanks but you did not get into the meat of what is sincere belief?
    I think this would go into the realm of what words do not have access to. That is to say... I guess it is belief in it in a way that is full of certainty and commitment.

I could not venture further as I just wouldn't sound persuasive or anything.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Feb '18 10:20
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    I think this would go into the realm of what words do not have access to. That is to say... I guess it is belief in it in a way that is full of certainty and commitment.

I could not venture further as I just wouldn't sound persuasive or anything.
    So you cannot explain what belief in ones heart means then.
    IF you are a Christian how do you demonstrate that you believe in your heart.
    Or are those just words .. meaningless worlds?
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    20 Feb '18 11:153 edits
    Luke 6
    43“For there is no good tree which produces bad fruit, nor, on the other hand, a bad tree which produces good fruit. 44“For each tree is known by its own fruit. For men do not gather figs from thorns, nor do they pick grapes from a briar bush. 45“The good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth what is good; and the evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth what is evil; for his mouth speaks from that which fills his heart.

Clearly a good man with the good treasure of his heart would always bring forth what is good and never bring forth what is evil. In short, he would not commit sin.

This is the standard set for "belief in ones heart" in the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.

“He who has ears to hear, let him hear.”

Those who do not hear clearly do not believe in the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry. They believe in a different gospel.
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    20 Feb '18 11:264 edits
    Luke 13
    23And someone said to Him, “Lord, are there just a few who are being saved?” And He said to them, 24“Strive to enter through the narrow door; for many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able. 25“Once the head of the house gets up and shuts the door, and you begin to stand outside and knock on the door, saying, ‘Lord, open up to us!’ then He will answer and say to you, ‘I do not know where you are from.’ 26“Then you will begin to say, ‘We ate and drank in Your presence, and You taught in our streets’; 27and He will say, ‘I tell you, I do not know where you are from; DEPART FROM ME, ALL YOU EVILDOERS.’ 28“In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth when you see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but yourselves being thrown out.

Clearly Jesus marks the dividing line for "being saved" / "living in the kingdom" as those who no longer commit sin.

This is the standard set in the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.

“He who has ears to hear, let him hear.”

Those who do not hear clearly do not believe in the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry. They believe in a different gospel.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Feb '18 13:28
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    So you cannot explain what belief in ones heart means then.
    IF you are a Christian how do you demonstrate that you believe in your heart.
    Or are those just words .. meaningless worlds?
    Belief in the heart, or, more specifically, accepting Christ into one’s heart, leads to the indwelling of God’s Holy Spirit, and the fruits of the Spirit in one’s life are evidence that the Holy Spirit is changing one’s heart.

“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.“

(Galatians 5:22-23)
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Feb '18 13:29
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    Luke 6
    43“For there is no good tree which produces bad fruit, nor, on the other hand, a bad tree which produces good fruit. 44“For each tree is known by its own fruit. For men do not gather figs from thorns, nor do they pick grapes from a briar bush. 45“The good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth what is good; and the evil man out o ...[text shortened]... believe in the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry. They believe in a different gospel.
    What do you think “fruit” refers to in Luke 6:43-44?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Feb '18 13:34
    Luke 13
    23And someone said to Him, “Lord, are there just a few who are being saved?” And He said to them, 24“Strive to enter through the narrow door; for many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able. 25“Once the head of the house gets up and shuts the door, and you begin to stand outside and knock on the door, saying, ‘Lord, open up to us! ...[text shortened]... believe in the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry. They believe in a different gospel.
    <<Clearly Jesus marks the dividing line for "being saved" / "living in the kingdom" as those who no longer commit sin.>>

You are misrepresenting what Jesus said by conflating those who willfully and habitually sin, on the one extreme, with those who commit a single sin and sincerely repent afterward, on another extreme. This error leaves no room for God’s plentiful love and mercy.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Feb '18 14:49
    Luke 13
    23And someone said to Him, “Lord, are there just a few who are being saved?” And He said to them, 24“Strive to enter through the narrow door; for many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able. 25“Once the head of the house gets up and shuts the door, and you begin to stand outside and knock on the door, saying, ‘Lord, open up to us! ...[text shortened]... believe in the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry. They believe in a different gospel.
    “But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart.”

(1 Samuel 16:7)
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    20 Feb '18 22:044 edits
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    <<Clearly Jesus marks the dividing line for "being saved" / "living in the kingdom" as those who no longer commit sin.>>

You are misrepresenting what Jesus said by conflating those who willfully and habitually sin, on the one extreme, with those who commit a single sin and sincerely repent afterward, on another extreme. This error leaves no room for God’s plentiful love and mercy.
    John 8
    43“Why do you not understand what I am saying? It is because you cannot hear My word. 44“You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45“But because I speak the truth, you do not believe Me.

Matthew 13
    13“Therefore I speak to them in parables; because while seeing they do not see, and while hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand.
    37...“The one who sowed the good seed is the Son of Man. 38The field is the world, and the good seed stands for the people of the kingdom. The weeds are the people of the evil one, 39and the enemy who sows them is the devil. The harvest is the end of the age, and the harvesters are angels. 40“As the weeds are pulled up and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the age. 41The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. 42They will throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 43Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Whoever has ears, let them hear.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Feb '18 00:06
    John 8
    [b]43“Why do you not understand what I am saying? It is because you cannot hear My word.
    44“You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is ...[text shortened]... ous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Whoever has ears, let them hear.[/b][/b]
    <<John 8
    43“Why do you not understand what I am saying? It is because you cannot hear My word. 44“You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45“But because I speak the truth, you do not believe Me.>>

Your quoting these verses is hilarious because Jesus was speaking to the Pharisees, who, like you, thought they were justified and made righteous (in right standing with God) by following the law.

You condemned yourself by quoting that passage and didn’t even realize it.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Feb '18 00:091 edit
    John 8
    [b]43“Why do you not understand what I am saying? It is because you cannot hear My word.
    44“You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is ...[text shortened]... ous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Whoever has ears, let them hear.[/b][/b]
    <<Matthew 13
    13“Therefore I speak to them in parables; because while seeing they do not see, and while hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand.
    37...“The one who sowed the good seed is the Son of Man. 38The field is the world, and the good seed stands for the people of the kingdom. The weeds are the people of the evil one, 39and the enemy who sows them is the devil. The harvest is the end of the age, and the harvesters are angels. 40“As the weeds are pulled up and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the age. 41The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. 42They will throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 43Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Whoever has ears, let them hear.>>

You’re neglecting, once again, what makes someone righteous (in right standing with God) and frees him or her from the power of sin.

For the answer, read John 3:16 and Romans 10:9, preferably in the King James Version of the Bible.

God bless you!
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    21 Feb '18 00:30
    <<John 8
    43“Why do you not understand what I am saying? It is because you cannot hear My word. 44“You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a li ...[text shortened]... following the law.

You condemned yourself by quoting that passage and didn’t even realize it.
    You neither hear nor understand what Jesus was saying because you don't allow His words to speak for themselves. Instead you substitute beliefs that are taken from a gospel other than the gospel that Jesus preached during His ministry.

You repeatedly show that you don't really care about what Jesus actually said or didn't say.
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    21 Feb '18 00:371 edit
    <<Matthew 13
    37...“The one who sowed the good seed is the Son of Man. 38The field is the world, and the good seed stands for the people of the kingdom. The weeds are the people of the evil one, 39and the enemy who ...[text shortened]... John 3:16 and Romans 10:9, preferably in the King James Version of the Bible.

God bless you!
    "The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil."

What does "all who do evil" actually say? It definitely does not say, "what makes someone righteous (in right standing with God) and frees him or her from the power of sin." How can you not understand this?

You neither hear nor understand what Jesus was saying because you don't allow His words to speak for themselves. Instead you substitute beliefs that are taken from a gospel other than the gospel that Jesus preached during His ministry.

You repeatedly show that you don't really care about what Jesus actually said or didn't say.

For one, neither John 3:16 nor Romans 10:09 are the words preached by Jesus during His ministry. For another, John 3:16 doesn't actually say what you seem to believe it says.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Feb '18 01:031 edit
    <<Matthew 13
    37...“The one who sowed the good seed is the Son of Man. 38The field is the world, and the good seed stands for the people of the kingdom. The weeds are the people of the evil one, 39and the enemy who ...[text shortened]... John 3:16 and Romans 10:9, preferably in the King James Version of the Bible.

God bless you!
    You think Job or all the persons referred to as righteous in the Old Testament or even perfect knew of John 3:16 or Romans 10 9 ? LOL 😀
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Feb '18 03:571 edit

You’re just trolling now as I have posted Biblical verses and passages where Jesus said to believe in Him and on Him for eternal life. That part of what Jesus preached seems to always escape your attention, as does the New Covenant that He spoke of, the purpose of His sacrifice that He spoke of, His Resurrection which He accurately predicted, the miracles He performed, His granting salvation to the thief on the cross next to Him after the thief only expressed belief in Him, and so much else.

You’ve reduced Jesus to a man with a good message but haven’t said why, if he was only a man, his sayings carry any more weight for you than what Paul and the Gospel writers wrote.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree