1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 15:52
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Who did Jesus die for? Its my understanding He died for sinners, don't cherry pick out of
    that crowd, He died for them all.

You can come up with you own reasons for why Jesus did that.
    Died for sinners who believe in him, not all sinners. God made some for noble purpse and others for common. Liberals who can't see sin show themselves to be common.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 16:13
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Died for sinners who believe in him, not all sinners. God made some for noble purpse and others for common. Liberals who can't see sin show themselves to be common.
    You believe Jesus died for just a few sinners not all? This is not about who turns their lives over to God, but who Jesus died for!
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 16:15
    Why did Jesus teach in parables?
    Jesus preached in parables only SOME OF THE TIME. The Sermon on the Mount was preached to ordinary people. He preached in parables when the Pharisees were around.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 16:17
    I would be very interested in seeing reference to support your view that Jesus died for sinners who believe in him and not all sinners.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 16:25
    You have one which means nothing. A degree in heresy means absolutely nothing.
    That really is a silly response.

Just because I emerged from my degree as an atheist doesn't negate the content of the degree itself. All of my lecturers were Christian, and there were no modules I took over the 3 years that set out to promote heresy or belittle Christianity in any way.

Studying the bible in minute detail however did highlight inconsistencies, hardly surprising when one considers the many different authors, motivations and time scales. There is simply no getting away from that, and dismissing my degree as heresy is merely a cop out. Please don't respond to my posts if that is all you have to offer.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 16:291 edit
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke

Just because I emerged from my degree as an atheist doesn't negate the content of the degree itself. All of my lecturers were Christian, and there were no modules I took over the 3 years that set out to promote heresy or belittle Christianity in any way.

Studying the bible in minute detail however did highlight ...[text shortened]... s heresy is merely a cop out. Please don't respond to my posts if that is all you have to offer.
    The school you graduated from negates it. I am sure it is liberal.

The fact you emrrged an atheist proves you don't understand the scriptures.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 16:38

Studying the bible in minute detail however did highlight ...[text shortened]... s heresy is merely a cop out. Please don't respond to my posts if that is all you have to offer.
    After studying the Bible in the way you did, do you not feel any part of it could be 'true', despite the inconsistencies?

I have said to you in the past that your particular atheism interests me because of your degree. I struggle with the Bible myself, and that's the only reason for asking.
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 16:53
    The school you graduated from negates it. I am sure it is liberal.

The fact you emrrged an atheist proves you don't understand the scriptures.
    No. The university I attended was not liberal.

Clearly it is you who know nothing. (As you have repeatedly evidenced by your previous postings).
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 17:04
    No. The university I attended was not liberal.

Clearly it is you who know nothing. (As you have repeatedly evidenced by your previous postings).
    Not liberal by your standards. What university was it?
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 18:36
    Not liberal by your standards. What university was it?
    Sorry are we friends? Would you also like my social security number?

Womble.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 18:411 edit
    Sorry are we friends? Would you also like my social security number?

Womble.
    I see, it wasn't liberal because you say it is not, so I should just accept your pronouncement as if you were Obama.
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 18:44
    Originally posted by chaney3
    After studying the Bible in the way you did, do you not feel any part of it could be 'true', despite the inconsistencies?

I have said to you in the past that your particular atheism interests me because of your degree. I struggle with the Bible myself, and that's the only reason for asking.
    I enjoy reading the bible and I enjoyed studying the bible at university level.

But, bottom line sir, I don't believe in God. How could i feel 'any part of it was true' when I have no belief that God himself exists. Not wishing to be flippant (and i know it is probably not a fair comparison) but I also enjoyed reading Lord of the Rings, despite not believing in the existence of elves. - My insight into the bible though is no less valid than someone who does believe in God, especially those who conveniently misinterpret the ancient texts for their own ends.
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 18:45
    I see, it wasn't liberal because you say it is not, so I should just accept your pronouncement as if you were Obama.
    Yes.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 18:49
    I enjoy reading the bible and I enjoyed studying the bible at university level.

But, bottom line sir, I don't believe in God. How could i feel 'any part of it was true' when I have no belief that God himself exists. Not wishing to be flippant (and i know it is probably not a fair comparison) but I also enjoyed reading Lord of the Rings, despite no ...[text shortened]... eve in God, especially those who conveniently misinterpret the ancient texts for their own ends.
    Did you believe in God before attending the university?

And only after vigorous study of the Bible became atheist?
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 18:53
    Originally posted by chaney3
    Did you believe in God before attending the university?

And only after vigorous study of the Bible became atheist?
    No. I have always been an atheist. I have explored openly the 5 major religions to a deep level (Hinduism not so much) but none have eroded that atheism.

Have a great Christmas.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree