1. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Nov '12 21:06
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    I was raised here in Dublin Ireland in the Catholic faith.
    One of three places where chicks have no authority.
    The other two are the Church of England and Saudi Arabia.
    Clearly you need to come to Glasgow where the reply upon asking a lady to get
    something from the kitchen is met with, 'ur ye hawnless', meaning 'have you no hands,
    well get it yourself! I would say that Irish culture, especially catholic is well more
    maternal than paternal, is it not?
  2. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    20 Nov '12 21:12
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Clearly you need to come to Glasgow where the reply upon asking a lady to get
    something from the kitchen is met with, 'ur ye hawnless', meaning 'have you no hands,
    well get it yourself! I would say that Irish culture, especially catholic is well more
    maternal than paternal, is it not?
    Only as regards family. The Mother is definitely the boss in 99% of Irish families.
    When the mother dies, the family unit is never the same again.

But in work or the church women don't have the same pay or say, which I think is very wrong.
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 Nov '12 21:23
    ok then what about an all female orienteering group. What reason have you for being
    excluded from that?
    this maybe a huge problem shaking the bedrock of society, but sadly its not an issue that im aware of. i guess it would depend on why it was an all female orienteering group. if it was for a bunch of women from 'shelter' wanting to have fun without having men around then that would be understandable. if it was because they thought men were too stupid to orienteer then that would be sexist.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 05:09
    there is no need to explain anything away, the Bible states that the responsibility for
    leadership and shepherding within the congregation is to be shouldered by men, end
    of.
    If one is to allow women leaders in the Church then there would be a need. Is it really that hard for you to follow a conversation?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 12:26
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    Only as regards family. The Mother is definitely the boss in 99% of Irish families.
    When the mother dies, the family unit is never the same again.

But in work or the church women don't have the same pay or say, which I think is very wrong.
    pay? pay? when were Jesus and the apostles ever paid for the work of teaching and
    preaching Gods Kingdom? In fact I can cite several passages which demonstrate
    that they had an aversion to money being offered for their services.

(Acts 8:18-21)  Now when Simon saw that through the laying on of the hands of the
    apostles the spirit was given, he offered them money,  saying: “Give me also this
    authority, that anyone upon whom I lay my hands may receive holy spirit.”  But
    Peter said to him: “May your silver perish with you, because you thought through
    money to get possession of the free gift of God.  You have neither part nor lot in this
    matter, for your heart is not straight in the sight of God.

(Matthew 10:8) . . .you received free, give free. . .
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 12:33
    pay? pay? when were Jesus and the apostles ever paid for the work of teaching and
    preaching Gods Kingdom? In fact I can cite several passages which demonstrate
    that they had an aversion to money being offered for their services.

(Acts 8:18-21)  Now when Simon saw that through the laying on of the hands of the
    apostles the spirit was given, ...[text shortened]... t is not straight in the sight of God.

(Matthew 10:8) . . .you received free, give free. . .
    you dont have pay problems in scotland. nobody can tell the difference between the men and woman without making them drop their pants (and lift their tummies) so everybody gets paid the same to save embarrassment!!
  7. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 12:58
    there is no need to explain anything away, the Bible states that the responsibility for
    leadership and shepherding within the congregation is to be shouldered by men, end
    of.
    Not only are you being disingenuous by comparing this to fripparies like Gym and Orienteering club membership, when a more reasonable analogy would be the Houses of Parliament, this political power within the Church that is being denied to Women based solely on their gender.

But you have given an open invite for everyone to list all the stupid retarded rules found in the Bible, enjoy.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 13:15

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 13:17
    more hate speech from the secular liberals who dont like anything that doesn't conform
    to their world view, may i suggest you try and join an all ladies gymnasium, perhaps
    you can cry about their sexist attitude once you are told you cannot.
    So I guess that goes along with your general view that women don't have the right genitalia to be in its favor, since your god appears to only like men. Leviticus 27 kind of clears up that issue.

Wow, you worship a gay god!
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 13:412 edits
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    you dont have pay problems in scotland. nobody can tell the difference between the men and woman without making them drop their pants (and lift their tummies) so everybody gets paid the same to save embarrassment!!
    no there is no payment for the services of true Christianity you may make reference to
    the verses that i provided to demonstrate the fact and it appears to me hat you are the
    ones who like to dress up as nuns and go and watch cricket, a testimony to the female
    hormones in your water.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 13:46
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    Not only are you being disingenuous by comparing this to fripparies like Gym and Orienteering club membership, when a more reasonable analogy would be the Houses of Parliament, this political power within the Church that is being denied to Women based solely on their gender.

But you have given an open invite for everyone to list all the stupid retarded rules found in the Bible, enjoy.
    what other people think of the Bible is essentially irrelevant, why, because the proof is
    in the application of the principles not in the self certified opinions of haters. The
    responsibility for caring for the needs of the congregations are designated as being the
    provision of males who qualify. Its just like you namby pamby secular liberals to what
    to shirk responsibility and get women to do your work for you, next you'll be trying to
    impregnate yourselves and bear children as well.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 13:491 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So I guess that goes along with your general view that women don't have the right genitalia to be in its favor, since your god appears to only like men. Leviticus 27 kind of clears up that issue.

Wow, you worship a gay god!
    lol, no you are so gay, why don't you grow a pair and try to take some responsibility
    instead of shirking it to your women, next you'll be acting like a lion, sending your
    women out to bring home the beacon while you mooch about trying to pretend you are
    important.
  13. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 13:50
    no there is no payment for the services of true Christianity you may make reference to the verses that i provided to demonstrate the fact.
    Out of interest which are the verses that stipulate the congregation is to be led by men only?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 13:531 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Out of interest which are the verses that stipulate the congregation is to be led by men only?
    At last, a sane question.

The provisions for elders and ministerial servants are held out for men only, you can
    find these, off the top of my head at 1st Timothy chapter 3 and Titus i think.
  15. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 14:031 edit
    At last, a sane question.

The provisions for elders and ministerial servants are held out for men only, you can
    find these, off the top of my head at 1st Timothy chapter 3 and Titus i think.
    Pauline instructions, nothing from Jesus on the issue?

It's interesting to note that the authorship of the Epistles you referenced are disputed by scholars. The evidence indicates that these letters were not written by Paul.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree