1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 14:21
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    lol, no you are so gay, why don't you grow a pair and try to take some responsibility
    instead of shirking it to your women, next you'll be acting like a lion, sending your
    women out to bring home the beacon while you mooch about trying to pretend you are
    important.
    what does 'you are so gay' mean and what is the connection between this and 'growing a pair'?

whats the problem with woman bringing home the bacon?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 14:28
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Pauline instructions, nothing from Jesus on the issue?

It's interesting to note that the authorship of the Epistles you referenced are disputed by scholars. The evidence indicates that these letters were not written by Paul.
    Paul wrote more books of the Bible than anyone else, that Jesus never mentioned the matter is significant how and on what basis are they disputing Pauls authorship?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 14:302 edits
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    what does 'you are so gay' mean and what is the connection between this and 'growing a pair'?

whats the problem with woman bringing home the bacon?
    I forgot, you are a house husband, can I order a dozen fairy cakes? there is no
    connection the term you are so gay meaning you are effeminate.
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 14:34
    I forgot, you are a house husband, can I order a dozen fairy cakes? there is no
    connection the term you are so gay meaning you are effeminate.
    i am and i make awesome fairy cakes, ill have you know. you should see my buns!

gay means effeminate, does it? i thought gay meant homosexual?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 14:39

it may mean homosexual but the term, you are so gay does not actually mean you actually are gay, it simply means you are effeminate, at least where i come from anyway.
  6. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 14:41

The bible contains 66 books written by a whole host of different people over 1600 years. There are bound to be contentious issues.

One will contradict the other. My problem with the bible is that it is hard to make out
    what is fact and what is myth.

What is literal and what is figurative.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 14:41
    it may mean homosexual but the term, you are so gay does not actually mean you actually are gay, it simply means you are effeminate, at least where i come from anyway.
    So Leviticus 27 is saying your god is not gay but effeminate?
  8. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 14:44
    do you think homosexuals are effeminate? do you think calling a man effeminate is an insult?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 14:48
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So Leviticus 27 is saying your god is not gay but effeminate?
    look, this is a serious discussion, take it to general.
  10. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 14:48
    do you think homosexuals are effeminate? do you think calling a man effeminate is an insult?
    I think we all of us have a hard side to us and a soft side.
    It all depends which type of situation we find ourselves in.

It's no shame to discover your soft side once in a while.

I could never be gay though, I have a very low threshold of pain.😲
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 14:512 edits
    whether they are effeminate or not is hard to say as a broad generalisation, some are, some are not, the perception of course is that they may well be, and yes, its an insult unless you are like captain Jack Sparrow, the most effeminate pirate in the history of robbing the high seas, but even then, yeah, he's pretty gay despite the fact that chicks dig him.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 14:56
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    The bible contains 66 books written by a whole host of different people over 1600 years. There are bound to be contentious issues.

One will contradict the other. My problem with the bible is that it is hard to make out
    what is fact and what is myth.

What is literal and what is figurative.
    Its also important to realise that what the church actually practices and what is written in scripture are not synonymous.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 14:591 edit
    look, this is a serious discussion, take it to general.
    Have you read Leviticus 27? It clearly puts women on a lower plane than men. That doesn't sound like it would be coming from a god to me. That sounds to me a script written totally by men with no godly input for the express purpose of controlling women where they can go "look, its right here in the bible, men are worth more than women so get your butt back to work in the tannery". That is a pretty serious issue for me.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 15:10
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Have you read Leviticus 27? It clearly puts women on a lower plane than men. That doesn't sound like it would be coming from a god to me. That sounds to me a script written totally by men with no godly input for the express purpose of controlling women where they can go "look, its right here in the bible, men are worth more than women so get your butt back to work in the tannery". That is a pretty serious issue for me.
    if you have issues with it then that's your affair, I have no issues with it and what is more it ignores the entire rest of the Biblical text but hey, who could ever accuse you of taking a verse in isolation and giving a distorted appraisal of it.
  15. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 15:111 edit
    what other people think of the Bible is essentially irrelevant, why, because the proof is
    in the application of the principles not in the self certified opinions of haters. The
    responsibility for caring for the needs of the congregations are designated as being the
    provision of males who qualify. Its just like you namby pamby secular liberals ...[text shortened]... your work for you, next you'll be trying to
    impregnate yourselves and bear children as well.
    That the Bible is anything other than a book full of BS pandering to HATERS like your own sad self is your own delusional'self certified opinion' Robbie.

On the gay issue, methinks the JW doth project to much.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree