1. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    3612
    16 Jul '08 19:55
    accept the universe goes on forever, it has always been there, has no start or end.... it is timeless...

    can your mind accept that..?
  2. At the Revolution
    Joined
    15 Sep '07
    Moves
    5073
    16 Jul '08 21:10
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    accept the universe goes on forever, it has always been there, has no start or end.... it is timeless...

    can your mind accept that..?
    No, 'cause it's wrong. It came to being about 13 billion years ago, and will soon die out. It's about halfway through its life now.
  3. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Joined
    14 Jun '02
    Moves
    17381
    16 Jul '08 21:13
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    accept the universe goes on forever, it has always been there, has no start or end.... it is timeless...

    can your mind accept that..?
    Sure, what's the problem?
  4. Standard memberyo its me
    watch the acid...
    dosen't get you!!
    Joined
    14 Jan '07
    Moves
    58559
    16 Jul '08 21:21
    Originally posted by scherzo
    No, 'cause it's wrong. It came to being about 13 billion years ago, and will soon die out. It's about halfway through its life now.
    😕 You realise it can't both be halfway through it's life time of 16 billion years and be about to die, don't you?
  5. weedhopper
    Joined
    25 Jul '07
    Moves
    8063
    16 Jul '08 21:31
    Our universe may end, but I don't believe time can--if anything has no beginning nor end, it must be time.
  6. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    16 Jul '08 22:11
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    accept the universe goes on forever, it has always been there, has no start or end.... it is timeless...

    can your mind accept that..?
    Are our minds finite or infinite?

    It seems to me that it would require an infinite mind to comprehend the infinite.
  7. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Joined
    14 Jun '02
    Moves
    17381
    16 Jul '08 22:15
    Originally posted by josephw
    Are our minds finite or infinite?

    It seems to me that it would require an infinite mind to comprehend the infinite.
    Do you have an argument for this claim?
  8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    12622
    16 Jul '08 22:282 edits
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    accept the universe goes on forever, it has always been there, has no start or end.... it is timeless...

    can your mind accept that..?
    I consider this as two questions.

    1.) Can you accept that the univere always existed?
    2.) Can you accept that the universe always WILL exist?


    To #1 - I would not accept that the universe always existed.

    To #2 - I can accept that it always WILL exist given one historical addition to help it - the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
  9. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    16 Jul '08 22:53
    Originally posted by jaywill
    I consider this as two questions.

    1.) Can you accept that the univere always existed?
    2.) Can you accept that the universe always WILL exist?


    To #1 - I would not accept that the universe always existed.

    To #2 - I can accept that it always WILL exist given one historical addition to [b]help
    it - the resurrection of Jesus Christ.[/b]
    Related to the main topic .. would you say that its:

    1. Impossible
    2. Hardly Likely
    3. Dunno
    4. Likely
    5. Certain

    that God created intelligent life forms on other planets in the universe.
  10. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    12622
    16 Jul '08 22:55
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Related to the main topic .. would you say that its:

    1. Impossible
    2. Hardly Likely
    3. Dunno
    4. Likely
    5. Certain

    that God created intelligent life forms on other planets in the universe.
    3.) Dunno.


    I do know that God became a man. So man must be special.
  11. At the Revolution
    Joined
    15 Sep '07
    Moves
    5073
    16 Jul '08 22:57
    Originally posted by yo its me
    😕 You realise it can't both be halfway through it's life time of 16 billion years and be about to die, don't you?
    Only 16 billion years?
  12. At the Revolution
    Joined
    15 Sep '07
    Moves
    5073
    16 Jul '08 22:57
    Originally posted by jaywill


    To #2 - I can accept that it always WILL exist given one historical addition to [b]help
    it - the resurrection of Jesus Christ.[/b]
    Um ... no.
  13. At the Revolution
    Joined
    15 Sep '07
    Moves
    5073
    16 Jul '08 22:58
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Related to the main topic .. would you say that its:

    1. Impossible
    2. Hardly Likely
    3. Dunno
    4. Likely
    5. Certain

    that God created intelligent life forms on other planets in the universe.
    IMPOSSIBLE!! 🙄

    Actually, it's true.
  14. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    16 Jul '08 23:08
    Originally posted by scherzo
    IMPOSSIBLE!! 🙄

    Actually, it's true.
    Many religious nutcases think its impossible.
  15. Joined
    16 Aug '06
    Moves
    1514
    16 Jul '08 23:17
    1) I can imagine infinity, though I don't really think it's true

    2) whether you can imagine it or not isn't an indicator of whether it's true or not
Back to Top