1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 May '18 10:55
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Do you think one can only come to the knowledge of Christ and accept Him if God draws him or her?
    Sorry I missed this.

No, I don't happen to think that. In my world, acceptance of Christ could be by anyone through the exercise of free will. I eschew the opinion that people are only drawn to God if God "wills it". This this self-serving mush. God would prefer that men come to the truth, yes, but free will reigns precisely so that men cannot say "I had no opportunity to choose God". Men choose (or don't choose) God, not the other way round. God does not pick and choose because he wants none to be left behind. He understands it is our choice. That is why he can judge us.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 May '18 11:08
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    And of course you're right. The NT passage merely references the OT passages.

Such as:

Exodus 21:22-25, Leviticus 24:19-20, Deuteronomy 19:19-21

Some here are "Red-Letter" Christians who believe the only worthy parts of the Bible are the Christ-spoken bits.
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    07 May '18 15:371 edit
    Didn't assume otherwise. My point was directed at the many Christians who disingenuously use the Bible as as a weapon in furthering their self-serving beliefs including capital punishment. Many vehemently deny it, but they pick-and-choose from the Bible to do so.
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    07 May '18 15:50
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Sorry I missed this.

No, I don't happen to think that. In my world, acceptance of Christ could be by anyone through the exercise of free will. I eschew the opinion that people are only drawn to God if God "wills it". This this self-serving mush. God would prefer that men come to the truth, yes, but free will reigns precisely so that men cannot say " ...[text shortened]... he wants none to be left behind. He understands it is our choice. That is why he can judge us.
    God does not pick and choose because he wants none to be left behind. He understands it is our choice. That is why he can judge us.

How do you reconcile your belief that "he wants none to be left behind" with your willingness to JUDGE others as being "beyond salvation"? Doesn't capital punishment remove all possibility that it may happen?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 May '18 16:01
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    Didn't assume otherwise. My point was directed at the many Christians who disingenuously use the Bible as as a weapon in furthering their self-serving beliefs including capital punishment. Many vehemently deny it, but they pick-and-choose from the Bible to do so.
    <<My point was directed at the many Christians who disingenuously use the Bible as as a weapon in furthering their self-serving beliefs...>>

You mean the way you cherry pick parts of the Bible in an effort to drive people away from Christ? To falsely claim that Christ requires absolute perfection? To deny the purpose of Christ’s sacrifice on the cross?
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 May '18 20:34
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    [b]God does not pick and choose because he wants none to be left behind. He understands it is our choice. That is why he can judge us.

How do you reconcile your belief that "he wants none to be left behind" with your willingness to JUDGE others as being "beyond salvation"? Doesn't capital punishment remove all possibility that it may happen?[/b]
    I do not understand your question, in light of the fact that I was quite clear in what I was saying.
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    08 May '18 13:493 edits
    I do not understand your question, in light of the fact that I was quite clear in what I was saying.
    On one hand you say things such as, "[God] wants none to be left behind... free will reigns precisely so that men cannot say 'I had no opportunity to choose God'".

On the other hand you support capital punishment . Capital punishment shortens an individual's life and likewise shortens their "opportunity to choose God" which works against God's desire that "none be left behind".

On top of that you see yourself as being able to judge others as being "beyond salvation".

It would seem that the answer to my question is that you reconcile it via hubris.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 May '18 18:501 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    08 May '18 19:09
    "As I recall, Suzianne has admitted to being weak in logic and mathematics."

Do you recognize and value humility in a person?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 May '18 19:166 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 May '18 20:29
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke

You realize who you’re arguing with, don’t you?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 May '18 20:30
    Have you ever spoken with FMF? I would love to see the two of you having a conversation. That’d be amazing.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 May '18 23:54
    Said the atheist.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 May '18 00:00
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke

I must apologize to you for my prior comment, "Said the atheist." I realize you are atheist as well, but I must also realize that compared to whom I was speaking, you have not shown much desire for promoting an agenda, as she has. In future, I'll attempt to not speak in generalities and try to self-edit to be more focused in my derision.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 May '18 00:021 edit
    Sorry I missed this.

No, I don't happen to think that. In my world, acceptance of Christ could be by anyone through the exercise of free will. I eschew the opinion that people are only drawn to God if God "wills it". This this self-serving mush. God would prefer that men come to the truth, yes, but free will reigns precisely so that men cannot say " ...[text shortened]... he wants none to be left behind. He understands it is our choice. That is why he can judge us.
    Mispost.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree