1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 May '18 00:052 edits
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    I eschew the opinion that people are only drawn to God if God "wills it". This this self-serving mush.
    It may be “self-serving mush” to you, but it’s scripture suzianne.

“No one comes to me unless the father who sent me draws them...”
    John 6:44
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 May '18 00:34

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 May '18 00:421 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 May '18 01:11
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    <<By the way, I believe that an atheist could be more objective than a theist in attempting to
    interpret religious texts because the atheist lacks a preconceived belief about their meanings.>>

This is nonsense (no offense.)

First, one does not have to be an atheist to not hold a preconceived belief about the interpretation of a religious text. One can believe in God and be open to various interpretations of passages in the Old and New Testament.

Second, so much of the Bible is understood (or understood properly) on a spiritual level. Paul said as much when he wrote, “But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.”

(1 Corinthians 2:14)

The Bible is the inerrant Word of God and was written by men under the guidance and power of God’s Holy Spirit. To expect an atheist who does not believe God exists to be able to properly understand it is silly.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 May '18 01:12
    The only way to settle this disagreement between you gals is a wrestling match - no holds barred!
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 May '18 01:571 edit
    And there we have it, the agenda writ large.

Do you think this is the place for it?

If you want to have a fight, we need only continue the ones you've already started in Debates.

If you only want to run me down without facts, then, by all means, stay here. This seems to be the place for that kind of thing.

It won't magically make your condemnations of me any more true, but at least you'll be among those of similar morals.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 May '18 02:021 edit
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    It may be “self-serving mush” to you, but it’s scripture suzianne.

[b]“No one comes to me unless the father who sent me draws them...”

John 6:44[/b]
    And how much of the scripture do you disagree with?

Be honest.

What do you think that verse is saying? and then reconcile it to the question asked.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 May '18 02:07
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Mispost.
    How unprincipled is this? To merely label another's post that you seem to disagree with as a "mispost"?
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 May '18 02:19
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    The only way to settle this disagreement between you gals is a wrestling match - no holds barred!
    Yep .. thats the Holy Spirit working in you.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 May '18 02:192 edits
    divegeester: Mispost.

How unprincipled is this? To merely label another's post that you seem to disagree with as a "mispost"?
    I don't think being "unprincipled" is the issue ~ at least not on divegeester's part. I think, instead, the issue is whether the word "mispost" can be legitimately used as a noun. I think it's a verb, but that's not what he meant exactly ~ otherwise, he would have said something like "I have misposted". If he wanted to describe his error with a noun in a one-word retraction of whatever he had typed before thinking better of it, he might have been better off using the word "Misposting" ~ a gerund, I suppose. I don't see his choice/use of the word as being "unprincipled", and I have a feeling you didn't either ~ but decided to pretend that you did.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 May '18 02:44
    Originally posted by @fmf
    I don't think being "unprincipled" is the issue ~ at least not on divegeester's part. I think, instead, the issue is whether the word "mispost" can be legitimately used as a noun. I think it's a verb, but that's not what he meant exactly ~ otherwise, he would have said something like "I have misposted". If he wanted to describe his error with a noun in a one-wo ...[text shortened]... ng "unprincipled", and I have a feeling you didn't either ~ but decided to pretend that you did.
    Good grief, Kiddo. You’re really desperate to argue - with anyone and about anything.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 May '18 02:45
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Yep .. thats the Holy Spirit working in you.
    Good grief, amigo, I was joking. Do you think having God’s Holy Spirit within you renders you a humorless scold? Lighten up.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 May '18 02:48
    tiger hasn’t been himself lately. I think he saw Miss Alawat with her fiancée and has been in a funk ever since. Puppy love is rough and Miss Alawat is tiger’s first crush.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 May '18 02:491 edit

Be honest.

What do you think that verse is saying? and then reconcile it to the question asked.
    gotquestions.org has interesting info on this.

I’ll spare people from a couple of lengthy copy-and-pastes because the website covers this question from a couple of different angles. Those interested can find them by going to the website and using the Bible verse in the search field.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 May '18 02:57

Be honest.

It is clearly Jesus himself saying the opposite of what you are saying.

Perhaps you can explain how Jesus words in that text are “self-serving mush”??

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree