Capital Punishment

Capital Punishment

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 May 18

Originally posted by @thinkofone
" Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.”

God is saying that vengeance is HIS and HE will repay.

God is not saying that vengeance is the GOVERNMENT'S and the GOVERNMENT will repay.
So you don’t think God uses human beings to carry out His will?

T

Moves
10 May 18
2 edits

Originally posted by @romans1009
I think that " Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord” does not say that vengeance is to be administered by a government. If God's point in voicing those words was to articulate that vengeance is to be administered by a government, He failed utterly.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 May 18

I think that " Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord” does not say that vengeance is to be administered by a government. If God's point in voicing those words was to articulate that vengeance is to be administered by a government, He failed utterly.

T

Moves
11 May 18
1 edit

It seemed like your original point was about what was actually being said or not said. That's what I've been addressing.

Now that you've been proved wrong on that account, it seems like you've shifted your focus to idle speculation. I can't see wasting time doing that.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 May 18

It seemed like your original point was about what was actually being said or not said. That's what I've been addressing.

Now that you've been proved wrong on that account, it seems like you've shifted your focus to idle speculation. I can't see wasting time doing that.
It’s not idle speculation at all. God has used human beings to carry out His will. That occurs throughout the Bible.

You seem to think that God saying vengeance belongs to Him limits that vengeance to the afterlife. I don’t agree. I think God is certainly (obviously) capable of taking vengeance on anyone at anytime and using human beings to accomplish that.

Ghost misapplied Romans 12:19 to capital punishment when the verse is simply God telling an injured or aggrieved individual not to take the law into his or her hands - that He (God) will take care of it. How God chooses to do that is entirely up to Him.

But God has used human beings to accomplish His will in the past and thinking God’s vengeance only could take place in the afterlife is incorrect, imo.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
11 May 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
No suzianne, you said that god drawing people to himself was “self serving mush” and I demonstrated that you are scripturally incorrect.

There is no question, except why you lack the humility to admit that you are wrong.
The question in my post, that you have dodged twice now, was "what parts of the Bible do you not agree with?"

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
11 May 18

Originally posted by @whodey
This forum is dedicated to logical fallacy.

It's why it was created in the first place.
The Big Dogg goes his own way.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 May 18

Originally posted by @suzianne
The question in my post, that you have dodged twice now, was "what parts of the Bible do you not agree with?"
tiger doesn’t like the parts of the Bible that talk about hell. He’s also been in a terrible funk because he believes ale, lager and PB&J sandwiches won’t be in heaven.

T

Moves
11 May 18
1 edit

It’s not idle speculation at all. God has used human beings to carry out His will. That occurs throughout the Bible.

You seem to think that God saying vengeance belongs to Him limits that vengeance to the afterlife. I don’t agree. I think God is certainly (obviously) capable of taking vengeance on anyone at anytime and using human beings to accomplish ...[text shortened]... the past and thinking God’s vengeance only could take place in the afterlife is incorrect, imo.
God was really explicit: "" Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.”

For you to read that as God saying that He wants people to take vengeance - be they part of the government or not - is not only complete conjecture on your part, it goes against what He actually says.

That you do so, is an example of how people ignore what God actually says and project their own beliefs upon it - essentially creating God in their own image.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 May 18

God was really explicit: "" Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.”

For you to read that as God saying that He wants people to take vengeance - be they part of the government or not - is not only complete conjecture on your part, it goes against what He actually says.
I don’t think you understand the concept of God using human beings to accomplish His will but it’s hardly something I’m going to devote time to explaining.

T

Moves
11 May 18

I don’t think you understand the concept of God using human beings to accomplish His will but it’s hardly something I’m going to devote time to explaining.
I don't think you understand the concept of accepting what God actually says instead of projecting your own beliefs upon His word, but it’s hardly something I’m going to devote any more time to explaining.

Moves
11 May 18

You’re defecting.

The topic in play is how you can claim that the princilple that no one can come to god unless he draws them to himself is “self serving mush”.

And yet words of Jesus in John 6:44 are “No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him..”

This is what you said in this thread. How can this be “self serving mush”?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
11 May 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @divegeester
You’re defecting.

The topic in play is how you can claim that the princilple that no one can come to god unless he draws them to himself is “self serving mush”.

And yet words of Jesus in John 6:44 are “No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him..”

This is what you said in this thread. How can this be “self serving mush”?
Okay, three times.

You wanna continue playing bumper cars or are you going to answer my question, which I originally asked long before your question even made it to question form?

Do you believe in "the elite"? Do you think you're one of them? Do you think all Christians are "the elite"?

Moves
11 May 18
4 edits

Moves
11 May 18

Okay, three times.

You wanna continue playing bumper cars or are you going to answer my question, which I originally asked long before your question even made it to question form?

Do you believe in "the elite"? Do you think you're one of them? Do you think all Christians are "the elite"?
Incorrect Suzianne. I challenged you on this “self serving mush” claim in a post at the top of page 4.

Are you going to address it or just keep up this cowardly charade, just address my point and cut out this casual dishonesty.