1. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    07 Jun '12 21:421 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    The end of what exactly? Please continue.......
    G-man ? Come on The end of the world !!! You know what I meant.

Listen I'll stop but I sincerely want you to know the truth about your organization. I'm not a servant of the devil and I have no other motive at this point but just for you to know is all. We live in a world of knowledge. Trust me as far as it's easy to launch cyber bombs and all. Also I would never deny that parts of Christendom are false and many atrocities have been done in the name of God and Christ but that does not mean God does not have a real people in the world. Can't dump the baby out with the bath water so to speak.

Manny
  2. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    07 Jun '12 21:51
    I notice when I go down this path of showing JW's their own literature they become very angry why? I did not write the stuff. Listen G-man take it or leave it but

who cares the source if the PDF is from the Watchtower with references and pages how can it be refuted? What happens to old Awakes ? Can I go to a local Kingdom Hall and get old issues ? how does that work ? I'd want to physically get my hands on this stuff to read it. I challenge you G-man to do this very thing.

Manny
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    07 Jun '12 21:53
    Originally posted by menace71
    G-man ? Come on The end of the world !!! You know what I meant.

Listen I'll stop but I sincerely want you to know the truth about your organization. I'm not a servant of the devil and I have no other motive at this point but just for you to know is all. We live in a world of knowledge. Trust me as far as it's easy to launch cyber bombs and all. Also ...[text shortened]... a real people in the world. Can dump the baby out with the bath water so to speak.

Manny
    It doesn't say that so why put it in there? I have a hard time understanding your motives when you ADD what is not there.
    So let's get this straight... in your mind a person or a group of people have to be perfect and not make errors in order to be used by God?
    Lets hear it...
    If you can show me from the bible that it's the only way God will deal with humans in that they have to be perfect, I'll leave the Witnesses this hour.
  4. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    07 Jun '12 21:56
    "Are we to assume from this study that the battle of Armageddon will be all over by the autumn of 1975, and the long-looked-for thousand-year reign of Christ will begin by then? Possibly, but we wait to see how closely the seventh thousand-year period of man’s existence coincides with the sabbathlike thousand-year reign of Christ. If these two periods run parallel with each other as to the calendar year, it will not be by mere chance or accident but will be according to Jehovah’s loving and timely purposes. Our chronology, however, which is reasonably accurate (but admittedly not infallible), at the best only points to the autumn of 1975 as the end of 6,000 years of man’s existence on earth. It does not necessarily mean that 1975 marks the end of the first 6,000 years of Jehovah’s seventh creative “day.” Why not? Because after his creation Adam lived some time during the “sixth day,” which unknown amount of time would need to be subtracted from Adam’s 930 years, to determine when the sixth seven-thousand-year period or “day” ended, and how long Adam lived into the “seventh day.” And yet the end of that sixth creative “day” could end within the same Gregorian calendar year of Adam’s creation. It may involve only a difference of weeks or months, not years."

Watchtower 1968 Aug 15 p.499

First paragraph mentions Armageddon and well they do give themselves a slight out so this I feel is dishonest too as the Watchtower knew in advance that 1975 would probably not be the end of the world but if it increases membership then yea!!!!

Manny
  5. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    07 Jun '12 22:051 edit
    It doesn't say that so why put it in there? I have a hard time understanding your motives when you ADD what is not there.
    So let's get this straight... in your mind a person or a group of people have to be perfect and not make errors in order to be used by God?
    Lets hear it...
    If you can show me from the bible that it's the only way God will deal with humans in that they have to be perfect, I'll leave the Witnesses this hour.
    I agree God uses our imperfections to show us our weaknesses and to cause us to rely on him no doubt. However to be intentionally dishonest is different. your right God will show might through imperfection but to continually make the same mistake over and over that is wrong. I'm not even blaming the followers but the WTS and its leader or president sure I do blame them unless they stop doing it.

Manny

PS: have to go but I have no other motives but see and read for yourself slowly because 1975 was just one of many times this was done.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    07 Jun '12 22:06
    "Are we to assume from this study that the battle of Armageddon will be all over by the autumn of 1975, and the long-looked-for thousand-year reign of Christ will begin by then? Possibly, but we wait to see how closely the seventh thousand-year period of man’s existence coincides with the sabbathlike thousand-year reign of Christ. If these two periods run p ...[text shortened]... uld probably not be the end of the world but if it increases membership then yea!!!!

Manny
    Whatever. You have an agenda which you are stuck on so no matter what I say your mind set is terrible and unreasonable.
  7. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    07 Jun '12 22:11
    http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/1975.php

This is it graphs and pictures and documents and post 1975 and blame placed on over zealous members

Manny
  8. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    07 Jun '12 22:11
    Whatever. You have an agenda which you are stuck on so no matter what I say your mind set is terrible and unreasonable.
    Good day G-man

Manny
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Jun '12 05:17
    Good day G-man

Manny
    The denial and disownance of the meaning and context of their own organisation's literature is astonishing.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Jun '12 12:491 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    The denial and disownance of the meaning and context of their own organisation's literature is astonishing.
    I think we need to understand the mindest of these long-standing JWs like Robbie and Galveston.

Think of a man married for 30 years to a woman he thinks the world of, has kids with her and given his life to. Then someone comes along with proof that she was a prostitute, and still practices prostitution unknowing to him.

How easy would it be for him to accept that proof? It might be better to the leave the man in his ignorance. Truth is not always the best option.
  11. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    08 Jun '12 14:09
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I think we need to understand the mindest of these long-standing JWs like Robbie and Galveston.

Think of a man married for 30 years to a woman he thinks the world of, has kids with her and given his life to. Then someone comes along with proof that she was a prostitute, and still practices prostitution unknowing to him.

How easy would it be for him t ...[text shortened]... ? It might be better to the leave the man in his ignorance. Truth is not always the best option.
    Agreed and it's easy for me to show these documents and all but have I really earned the right so to speak? if I were G-man's neighbor or in the flesh friend maybe different story. I only figure look at your organizations history. Check the facts look at documents ask the questions. The number one thing Robbie and G-Man always have to defend is there own organization's history. I actually think the average followers are decent people who want to serve God. I really do.

Manny
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    08 Jun '12 15:36
    A way that Satan tries to stop all Christians from reflecting God’s glory is by ridicule. This tactic should come as no surprise. During his ministry on earth, Jesus Christ was ridiculed—laughed at, sneered at, made fun of, treated insolently, and even spit upon. (Mark 5:40; Luke 16:14; 18:32) Early Christians were also objects of mockery. (Acts 2:13; 17:32)
    Modern-day servants of Jehovah face similar abuse. According to the apostle Peter, they would, in effect, be labeled “false prophets.” “In the last days,” foretold Peter, “there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires and saying: ‘Where is this promised presence of his? Why, . . . all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning.’” (2 Peter 3:3, 4)
    God’s people are ridiculed as being out of touch with reality. The Bible’s moral standards are viewed as old-fashioned. To many, the message that we preach is foolishness. (1 Corinthians 1:18, 19)
    As Christians, we may face ridicule at school, at work, and at times even in the family circle. Undeterred, we continue to reflect God’s glory through our preaching, knowing as did Jesus that God’s Word is truth.—John 17:17.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Jun '12 17:41
    A way that Satan tries to stop all Christians from reflecting God’s glory is by ridicule. This tactic should come as no surprise. During his ministry on earth, Jesus Christ was ridiculed—laughed at, sneered at, made fun of, treated insolently, and even spit upon. (Mark 5:40; Luke 16:14; 18:32) Early Christians were also objects of mockery. (Acts 2:13; 17 ...[text shortened]... ct God’s glory through our preaching, knowing as did Jesus that God’s Word is truth.—John 17:17.
    This post is quite revealling of the superior view you have of yourself and your organisation. It is also quite hypocritical as you and robbie pour scorn and abuse on those here who challenge your views; you personally call people "clueless" with such regularity that I don't believe you even see it as an insult and robbie is frankly the most abusive person in this forum.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jun '12 17:462 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    This post is quite revealling of the superior view you have of yourself and your organisation. It is also quite hypocritical as you and robbie pour scorn and abuse on those here who challenge your views; you personally call people "clueless" with such regularity that I don't believe you even see it as an insult and robbie is frankly the most abusive person in this forum.
    LOL, still bitch'in away jester dude,

((Revelation 12:10-11) . . .“Now have come to pass the salvation and the power and
    the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ, because the accuser of our
    brothers has been hurled down, who accuses them day and night before our
    God!  And they conquered him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the
    word of their witnessing, and they did not love their souls even in the face of death.

you keep bitchin and we'll keep witnessing, you accomplish what you can and we
    shall keep growing! under Jehovah's divine protection!
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Jun '12 17:48
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    LOL, still bitch'in away jester dude,

((Revelation 12:10-11) . . .“Now have come to pass the salvation and the power and
    the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ, because the accuser of our
    brothers has been hurled down, [b]who accuses them day and night
    before our
    God!  And they conquered him because of the blood of the L ...[text shortened]... of the
    word of their witnessing, and they did not love their souls even in the face of death.[/b]
    Do you feel proud of your reputation for ah hominen and personal abuse; do you feel it brings credit to your organisation?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree