Carl Sagan on WatchTower 1914 Prediction

Carl Sagan on WatchTower 1914 Prediction

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
08 Jun 12
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
Through preachng the gospel through the body of Christ.

The disciples exclusively baptised into "the name of Jesus", do you think they disobeyed or were all mistaken?
through preaching the gospel through the body of Christ????

1. first of all the scripture mentions going, where do you go to preach the gospel
through the body of Christ,

2. secondly it mentions going to people of all the nations, how do you go to people of
all the nations,

3. thirdly it mentions teaching them, how do you teach them,

4. fourthly it mentions baptising them, how do you baptise them?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Jun 12
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
through preaching the gospel through the body of Christ????

1. first of all the scripture mentions going, where do you go to preach the gospel
through the body of Christ,

2. secondly it mentions going to people of all the nations, how do you go to people of
all the nations,

3. thirdly it mentions teaching them, how do you teach them,

4. fourthly it mentions baptising them, how do you baptise them?
Same way you do, through a worldwide organisation.

The disciples exclusively baptised into "the name of Jesus", do you think they disobeyed or were all mistaken?

rc

Moves
08 Jun 12

Same way you do, through a worldwide organisation.

no it was a personal question, where do you go? as in physically go.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
09 Jun 12
1 edit

no it was a personal question, where do you go? as in physically go.
I've answered a few of your questions robbie, but as I've told you before several times (as have other posters), I am not obliged to gratify your craving to judge me by my works. No matter what I do or don't do, I will never tell you any of it.

So, for the fouth time:

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
09 Jun 12

Originally posted by galveston75
What you ridiculers don't realize and never will ( so sad ) is that you are movie stars in the continuing saga of Christ followers being harassed and ridiculed and if given the chance in the right mob, you'll even kill us, unless there is a change of heart which can happen as Paul proved. So I don't give up on any human, as that wll be up to God.
Don't you think it's a rather odd situation in this forum, whereby you and robbie bemoan your 'persecution' and 'ridicule' whilst at the same time being by far the throwers of the most personal insults and abuse.

rc

Moves
09 Jun 12

I've answered a few of your questions robbie, but as I've told you before several times (as have other posters), I am not obliged to gratify your craving to judge me by my works. No matter what I do or don't do, I will never tell you any of it.

So, for the fouth time:

No you have not told us where you go, stating that you do it through a worldwide organisation is not stating where you personally go. It is rather ironic that you and your friend Raj two of the most vocal critics seem somewhat mute when it comes to your own activities as Christians. Christ states that one should go, so where do you go divesjeester.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
09 Jun 12

No you have not told us where you go, stating that you do it through a worldwide organisation is not stating where you personally go. It is rather ironic that you and your friend Raj two of the most vocal critics seem somewhat mute when it comes to your own activities as Christians. Christ states that one should go, so where do you go divesjeester.
He and his friend Raj, are not vocal critics of your personal activities, conduct or works. Mostly because they do not know neither do they care. They respect your privacy.

They are vocal critics of the teachings and false prophesies of the WatchTower organisation.

rc

Moves
09 Jun 12

Originally posted by Rajk999
He and his friend Raj, are not vocal critics of your personal activities, conduct or works. Mostly because they do not know neither do they care. They respect your privacy.

They are vocal critics of the teachings and false prophesies of the WatchTower organisation.
Christ stated Go!, where do you go Raj, its not a personal question about your works
whatever they are, its a specific question with regard to your activity and responsibility
to teach others, 'all the things', Christ commanded. Indeed your secretive and
evasiveness leads any reasonable person to the conclusions that either your modesty
prevents you from disclosing where you go or you really dont go anywhere and have
no proof that you actually follow the Christ's command, ironic considering that you are
mute with regard to your own activities but the biggest vocal critics of our efforts. So
where do you go Raj to fulfil the command of the Christ?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
09 Jun 12

Christ stated Go!, where do you go Raj, its not a personal question about your works
whatever they are, its a specific question with regard to your activity and responsibility
to teach others, 'all the things', Christ commanded. Indeed your secretive and
evasiveness leads any reasonable person to the conclusions that either your modesty
prev ...[text shortened]... vocal critics of our efforts. So
where do you go Raj to fulfil the command of the Christ?
You are like a dunce Pharisee.

Matt 6:7 .. use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

Ask me again ..😀

rc

Moves
09 Jun 12

Originally posted by Rajk999
You are like a dunce Pharisee.

[b]Matt 6:7 .. use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

Ask me again ..😀[/b]
interesting, so you cant point to a single geographic location where you teach others,
interesting, how do you hope to fulfil the commission to teach and preach 'all the things
that Christ commanded ',to people of all nations? from the relative comfort of your pc?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
09 Jun 12
1 edit

Lol. I'm not going to satisfy your ego's craving for that piece of information, not now not ever. You preen yourself and pose around here taking pride in your so called 'works' of merely going door-to-door selling your cult. Big deal.

I keep my relationship between myself and the Lord. Robbie I'm not at all interested in nor impressed by your proselyting; I don't want to speak out of turn but I don't think anyone else here is either. Personally, I'd be really impressed if you and Galveston just dropped the insults.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
10 Jun 12

Lol. I'm not going to satisfy your ego's craving for that piece of information, not now not ever. You preen yourself and pose around here taking pride in your so called 'works' of merely going door-to-door selling your cult. Big deal.

I keep my relationship between myself and the Lord. Robbie I'm not at all interested in nor impressed by your prosel ...[text shortened]... her. Personally, I'd be really impressed if you and Galveston just dropped the insults.
You are right, but that has to go both ways ya know....

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
10 Jun 12

My intent was not to personally attack G-man but to show 90+ years of willful false prophecy by the Watchtower organization. The irony is that all I do is show him his organizations own documents. It's their own writings. The stuff the newer generation of JW's probably have no clue exist. I know if I were a JW I'd be asking what is this stuff to my elders and then I promptly get kicked out and labeled an apostate. I know G-man & Robbie like to talk smack about armchair Christians and they do have a point on that one. If Christians would do for the truth what cults do for a lie the world would be a better place. (stole that quote from CRI's founder Walter Martin) All that being said the Watchtower in the past has written numerous doctrines or made statements to later change or deny or ignore these statements. The problem is someone somewhere was smart enough to keep copies. Lastly it is safe to say that 1914 was a false prophecy. 1914 has come and gone. We don't now see a paradise earth. If Christ came in 1914 how ineffective this invisible return has been. (I know when Christ returns it will not be ineffective at all) So make this personal if you want but it's not. I think the followers really want to serve God.

Manny

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
10 Jun 12

Originally posted by galveston75
You are right, but that has to go both ways ya know....
I am right, thanks. But what do you mean both ways - can you show where I have insulted/abused either you or robbie?

rc

Moves
10 Jun 12

Originally posted by menace71
My intent was not to personally attack G-man but to show 90+ years of willful false prophecy by the Watchtower organization. The irony is that all I do is show him his organizations own documents. It's their own writings. The stuff the newer generation of JW's probably have no clue exist. I know if I were a JW I'd be asking what is this stuff to my elders a ...[text shortened]... onal if you want but it's not. I think the followers really want to serve God.

Manny
you still have no idea what we believe or why, do you.

World events are happening right on time. How so? Well, before Jesus gave the
prophecy recorded at Luke 21:25-28, he foretold the second destruction of
Jerusalem. True to his word, it occurred in 70 C.E. As for the surviving Jews, Jesus
said: “They will fall by the edge of the sword and be led captive into all the nations;
and Jerusalem will be trampled on by the nations, until the appointed times of the
nations are fulfilled.” Those nations were non-Jewish, or Gentile. Hence, the period of
trampling is often called “the times of the Gentiles.” (Luke 21:24, NW; King James
Version) When did they end? Well, more is involved than what happened to earthly
Jerusalem. So the date when the Israelis took over control of the old walled city of
Jerusalem, or the fact that it is the capital of the modern independent nation of
Israel, is not the determining factor. God’s timetable is what matters!

The Gentile Romans began trampling down Jerusalem in 63 B.C.E. But before them
the Gentile Greeks, Persians, and Babylonians had trodden down that “city of the
great King” Jehovah. (Matthew 5:34, 35) The Babylonians destroyed it and its
temple in 607 B.C.E. From that time onward, the Gentile trampling upon what
represented God’s Kingdom began, and the Gentile Times really started. Those
Gentile Times were to be seven in number, each corresponding with a prophetic year
of 360 days. On the basis of “a day for a year,” all “seven times” would total 2,520
years. (Numbers 14:34; Ezekiel 4:6; Daniel, chapter 4) Beginning with Jerusalem’s
desolation in 607 B.C.E., they would end in 1914 C.E.

As early as 1880, the Watch Tower magazine said that the Gentile Times would
extend to the year 1914. Then with the publication of the book The Time Is at Hand
in 1889, Bible students earth wide were further alerted to the fact that the Gentile
Times would end in the autumn of 1914.

Well, then, in that year, did old Jerusalem cease to be trampled on by non-Jewish, or
Gentile, nations? No, for in 1914 the historic city was still in the hands of the Turkish
Empire, the ally of imperial Germany. On December 9, 1917, it was taken from the
Turks by British troops under General Allenby. Jerusalem continued under British
rule by mandate of the League of Nations until 1948. Then the Jews rose up and
captured the western part of modern Jerusalem outside the old walled city. The
walled city was taken over by the Muhammadans. How, then, can we say that the
Gentile Times ended in 1914? Because in that year the government of the great King
Jehovah was born in heaven.

source : Jehovah's Christian witnesses, proclaimers of Gods Kingdom.