1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 May '14 15:26
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    The difference is the Spirit of God leading you, if you don't have the Spirit of
    God you don't belong to Him. If you are doing anything outside of the Spirit
    of God you are doing it in the flesh, which will get you no points with God. So
    getting right with God through Jesus Christ, getting God's Spirit and obeying
    God will result in doing the things God wants done, not to get right, that was
    done for us in Christ Jesus.
    Kelly
    Bingo!
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 May '14 15:29
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Ok then but how are we to understand this verse because it appears to me that Christ places emphasis of doing the will of the father.

(Matthew 7:21) “Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one [b]doing
    the will of my Father who is in the heavens will[/b]
    Easy, the ones denied are the ones doing the good works to gain approval. They will never get it. The ones accepted are the ones who do good works as a result of their gratitude and sincere love for and from the Lord.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 May '14 15:452 edits
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Easy, the ones denied are the ones doing the good works to gain approval. They will never get it. The ones accepted are the ones who do good works as a result of their gratitude and sincere love for and from the Lord.
    ok, but it doesn't mention anything about gratitude and sincere love (note this may be a possibility but its not actually mentioned in the verse), what it actually says is those who are 'doing the will of the father', what is the 'will of the father' and how do you do it?
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 May '14 15:59
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Bingo!
    Bingo? Its not in the bible though.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 May '14 17:04
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Bingo? Its not in the bible though.
    What is not in the Bible, "Bingo"?
    Kelly
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 May '14 18:281 edit
    What is not in the Bible, "Bingo"?
    Kelly
    Anything I say I can support it will very clear quotes from Christ first and the Apostles second. If you can do the same then that would be very helpful. You said the following :

1. The difference is the Spirit of God leading you, if you don't have the Spirit of God you don't belong to Him. [Reference : ...................................................]

2. If you are doing anything outside of the Spirit of God you are doing it in the flesh, which will get you no points with God. [Reference ......................................................]

3. So getting right with God through Jesus Christ, getting God's Spirit and obeying
    God will result in doing the things God wants done..[Reference ...........................................]

Note that with #3, Peter and Paul were clear that there are some who had the Spirit of God and they fell away. It is better if they had not know the way of righteousness than to know it in the first place.

Christ said how to get eternal life and nothing you say remotely matches His teachings.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 May '14 22:23
    Anything I say I can support it will very clear quotes from Christ first and the Apostles second. If you can do the same then that would be very helpful. You said the following :

[quote]1. The difference is the Spirit of God leading you, if you don't have the Spirit of God you don't belong to Him. [Reference : ......................................... ...[text shortened]... ace.

Christ said how to get eternal life and nothing you say remotely matches His teachings.
    God is a Spirit and the truth worshipers will worship him in spirit and truth.
    There is a difference between those with and without God in their lives.
    Kelly

quote 1. Romans 8:9
    But ye are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you. But if any man hath not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

qoute 2. Galatians 6:8
    For he that soweth unto his own flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth unto the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap eternal life.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 May '14 23:221 edit
    God is a Spirit and the truth worshipers will worship him in spirit and truth.
    There is a difference between those with and without God in their lives.
    Kelly

quote 1. Romans 8:9
    But ye are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you. But if any man hath not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

qoute 2. ...[text shortened]... flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth unto the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap eternal life.
    Well if thats proof of your statements I guess you are incriminating yourself.

To worship in spirit and truth means the opposite of what you and your friends around here preach. Many Christians believe in mouth worship ie faith only. To profess that they believe in Christ is all that is required for eternal life. The expression 'in spirit and in truth' means to worship God by your actions and your works, not by mouth worship.

1 John 3:18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.

The essence of Romans 8 is that the proof that you have the Spirit of God is by your works, your lifestyle. You cannot have the spirit of God and walk after fleshly desires or commit sins. Again that passage goes contrary to what you claim.

Again Gal 6 runs contrary to your doctrine. Everyone will have to pay for their own sins. God is not mocked, what a man sows that shall he reap. Those who sin will die and those who do good works [Paul warns people to do good works] will reap everlasting life.

For every man shall bear his own burden. Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teacheth in all good things. Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith. (Galatians 6:5-10 KJV)
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 May '14 23:46
    Well if thats proof of your statements I guess you are incriminating yourself.

To worship in spirit and truth means the opposite of what your friends around here preach. Many Christians believe in mouth worship ie faith only. To profess that they believe in Christ is all that is required for eternal life. The expression 'in spirit and in truth' means to w ...[text shortened]... unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith. (Galatians 6:5-10 KJV)[/i]
    Where did you see me say that the only thing required is mouthing worship?
    You asked for scripture that showed you if you didn't have God's Spirit, you
    didn't belong to Him, I gave you one. So you come back with garbage I did
    NOT say, about mouthing worship ie faith only.
    Kelly
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 May '14 00:101 edit
    Where did you see me say that the only thing required is mouthing worship?
    You asked for scripture that showed you if you didn't have God's Spirit, you
    didn't belong to Him, I gave you one. So you come back with garbage I did
    NOT say, about mouthing worship ie faith only.
    Kelly
    So you are not a Jaywill/sonship disciple then.
    Does he know that?

Anyway you miss the point about Romans 8.

Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
    Rom 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

IF you walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit then you have the spirit of God i n you.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 May '14 00:16
    So you are not a Jaywill/sonship disciple then.
    Does he know that?
    Be a man! Owe up to our conversation, I'm not going to accuse you for things
    others say, just the things you say, please treat me the same! I gave you a
    scripture that backed up what I said, and instead of dealing with that, YOU
    INSTEAD bring others into our conversation as if I cared about that they and
    you have in the past talked about! I don't care what you and they talked
    about, I have enough issues keeping track of what I say without having to be
    held accountable for others.
    Kelly
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 May '14 01:46
    Be a man! Owe up to our conversation, I'm not going to accuse you for things
    others say, just the things you say, please treat me the same! I gave you a
    scripture that backed up what I said, and instead of dealing with that, YOU
    INSTEAD bring others into our conversation as if I cared about that they and
    you have in the past talked about! I don't care w ...[text shortened]... ugh issues keeping track of what I say without having to be
    held accountable for others.
    Kelly
    You keep focussing on trivialities. What is important is that you quote passages and misunderstand them. The entire gist of Romans 8 is that those who live after the flesh, or those who sin, are not of God therefore do not have the Spirit of God. It is condeming sin and says that those who sin will pay for their sins. You clearly said that sins are not held against Christians.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 May '14 02:09
    You keep focussing on trivialities. What is important is that you quote passages and misunderstand them. The entire gist of Romans 8 is that those who live after the flesh, or those who sin, are not of God therefore do not have the Spirit of God. It is condeming sin and says that those who sin will pay for their sins. You clearly said that sins are not held against Christians.
    Getting forgiven by God is not trivialities, it isn't that I misunderstood them
    either; however, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, please share with me
    how this scripture does not mean that if you don't have God's Spirit you
    are none of His. Well, break it down for me how I misunderstand it!
    Kelly

Romans 8:9
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 May '14 02:27
    Getting forgiven by God is not trivialities, it isn't that I misunderstood them
    either; however, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, please share with me
    how this scripture does not mean that if you don't have God's Spirit you
    are none of His. Well, break it down for me how I misunderstand it!
    Kelly

But ye are not in the flesh but in ...[text shortened]... Spirit of God dwelleth in you. But if any man hath not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
    Here is what you misunderstand.

The test of who has Gods Spirit is SIN.

Those who live after the flesh, live carnally they SIN and DO NOT have Gods Spirit.
    They cannot please God. These will die.

Those who refrain from sin, these have the Spirit of God in them, they are Christ's, and these will live.

Rom 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

I think you believe that Christians automatically have the Spirit of God in them, and they automatically do not or can not sin. I do not believe that.

Before you ask .. YES all people sin. But not all will find forgiveness.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 May '14 03:15
    Here is what you misunderstand.

The test of who has Gods Spirit is SIN.

Those who live after the flesh, live carnally they SIN and DO NOT have Gods Spirit.
    They cannot please God. These will die.

Those who refrain from sin, these have the Spirit of God in them, they are Christ's, and these will live.

[i]Rom 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ...[text shortened]... do not believe that.

Before you ask .. YES all people sin. But not all will find forgiveness.
    Did you see me asking you about a sin test? I was asking about that verse,
    will you stay on topic? I have already said that those that live after the
    flesh will not please God, the part of the this discussion we seem to have
    some disagreement with is the verse you have not addressed yet. I get
    those who live after the flesh live carnally, I don't care if those in sin are
    doing what they think are good works, it will get them nothing! So please
    lets talk about the verse in question. Give me your thoughts on that please.
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree